2010 Summer Football Transfers

Meanwhile Steven Gerrard has pledged his future to the club, ending growing speculation of a move to Real Madrid which would see him link up with current Inter Milan manager Jose Mourinho.

captain amazing isn't going anywhere!

MOURINHO want to take maicon with him to REAL MADRID

VILLA goes to Barcelona and they want to take Wayne Rooney too

how many strikers do Barca want :rofl:

And Rappy, the actual quote you should have posted about Gerrard should have been:

And on to the questions omitted by the BBC?s written report of the interview: ?Where does your future lie?? asked the reporter. ?What do you mean?? replied the captain.

?In terms of, you know, will you be at Liverpool next season?? clarified the reporter. ?Well I?ve got three years left so I will be. Yes.? replied the Liverpool club captain, without any ambiguity at all.

Benayoun says ?6m Chelsea move is likely

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

May 24, 2010

Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun has caused a combination of outrage and shock on Merseyside by an apparent public declaration that he wants to quit Anfield for Stamford Bridge.

Benayoun is quoted in the Daily Mail as saying: "Ancelotti wants me for next season and now everything depends on Liverpool. Chelsea will have to pay some ?6 million but I believe that in the end I'll be moving there."

That has sparked a combustible reaction in the Red half of Merseyside, with Liverpool fans confused whether the comment is factual or not and totally surprised by it.

Soccernet last week broke the news that Chelsea were considering a move for the Israeli captain. That, too, provoked disbelief.

But a source close to the 30-year-old midfielder told Soccernet at the time: "Nobody has spoken to me about interest from Chelsea, but it wouldn't surprise me.

"As for whether Yossi would want to go, he is the type of player who wants to play every game. When he is left out of the team, he wants to go, when he is in the team, he wants to stay. He keeps changing his mind as he has been in and out of the team all season."

Much of the surprise from Liverpool fans is due to the fact Carlo Ancelotti has expressed the desire to lower the average age of his Chelsea side and bring through younger players.

Yet Benayoun is 30, which flies in the face of that declared policy and gives credence to the suspicion that it cannot be true.

But there is continued uncertainty about the future of Joe Cole who is out of contract and available on a free transfer, as his contract talks have stalled.

Javier Mascherano is also on Chelsea's radar as Michael Ballack is nearing the end of his Stamford Bridge career, and Ancelotti is in need of an experienced midfield anchor man.

The big catch at Anfield, though, is Fernando Torres, and it is now widely accepted that the Spanish striker is top of Roman Abramovich's wanted list, and an initial ?50 million plus player exchange offer is not far away.

There could be some fascinating exchanges of players between Anfield and the Bridge this summer, and the middle men are working away feverishly to see if it can happen.

that sucks :( He's a solid player.

Does anyone know something about Di Mar?a and David Luiz? I read that Manchester and other english teams were interested.

Does anyone know something about Di María and David Luiz? I read that Manchester and other english teams were interested.

Here you go..

Real Madrid have put pen to paper on a €40 million deal for Benfica winger Angel di Maria, according to radio station TSF.

The Portuguese radio station claims that, after signing Di Maria, Real will now put their focus on Benfica colleagueDavid Luiz, for whom negotiations are believed to be at an advanced stage already.

TSF also state that Benfica could receive a player from Real Madrid in return, with centre-back Ezequiel Garay and winger Royston Drenthe both on the table

News is City are putting together a £43M bid for Luiz..

Di Maria is an astonishing player with a huge potential. Did anyone saw his goal against Canada yesterday?

I'm happy with this transfer. He'll be surrounded by the best, both in Argentina (Messi) and Real Madrid (Ronaldo).

And about David Luiz, I think he should stay another season with us because he's too dumb (sometimes).

Sky Sports News sources understand that Birmingham City have agreed a fee in the region of ?6million with Valencia for striker Nikola Zigic.

The giant Serbia international has been linked with City for several months, while Stoke, Blackburn and Sunderland were also said to be considering an offer.

Having cashed in on new Barcelona striker David Villa, Valencia are keen to raise further funds amid crippling debts and Birmingham will therefore hope to take advantage.

The Spaniards are also reported to be eager to cut Zigic from their wage bill due to a salary which is understood to be in the region of ?60,000-a-week.

His representatives were previously thought to favour a loan move to England on reduced pay, but Birmingham could be on the brink of a permanent deal.

Zigic, who stands at 6ft 7in, would add a different dimension to Birmingham's attack as manager Alex McLeish plans for a push towards the European places in the new season.

The 29-year-old is currently preparing for this summer's World Cup with Serbia as they get ready for facing Germany, Australia and Ghana in Group D.

Former Portsmouth striker Aruna Dindane has joined Qatar League side Lekhwiya.

The 29-year-old scored eight goals for the relegated Premier League side while on a one-year loan deal from Lens.

During his loan, cash-strapped Pompey had to negotiate a deal with Lens to allow Dindane to continue playing without having to pay a ?3.5m fee.

The Ivorian helped Pompey reach the FA Cup final after he earned the penalty that Kevin-Prince Boateng converted in the 2-0 semi-final win over Tottenham.

Earlier in the 2009/2010 season Lens were in dispute with Portsmouth over instalment payments involving Dindane's loan move as well as Nadir Belhadj's permanent transfer in December 2008.

Dindane, who joined Lens from Belgian club Anderlecht in 2005, has signed a three-year contract with the newly-promoted Qatari side.

Lekhwiya have also signed Dindane's fellow Ivorian Bakary Kone from Ligue 1 champions Marseille on a three-year deal.

Real Madrid have sacked coach Manuel Pellegrini, with the Spanish giants set to turn to Inter Milan's Jose Mourinho as his replacement at the Bernabeu.

Mourinho is expected to head to Real after winning the Champions League in Madrid with Inter on Saturday.

"I'm ready to admit to some mistakes but Mourinho's hiring is an opportunity that Madrid could not miss," said Real president Florentino Perez.

Inter are resigned to losing the 47-year-old former Chelsea boss to Madrid.

However, Inter president Massimo Moratti has suggested Mourinho's departure could be a protracted affair, with the Italian club demanding up to ?13.5m in compensation given the Portuguese coach's contract at the San Siro runs until 2012.

"What is still left to resolve is the interpretation, between Mourinho and the club, of his contract," said Perez.

Mourinho has often said he wants to manage in Spain and has cited the fact that no manager has ever won championships in England, Italy and Spain.

Pellegrini, 56, has been under pressure after failing to win a trophy this year.

Real were pipped to the Primera Liga title by Barcelona and were knocked out of both the Champions' League and the Spanish Cup.

Well I'm not shocked.. what do ppl really expect from them? They sacked Capello the season he won them a trophy.. and Pellegrini won nothing.. Mourinho however can make that team very dangerous.. he instils team spirit wherever he goes.. and if Real let him sign and sell whoever he wants/needs.. Real can be a force next year.. news is he is coming after Essien, Malouda and A Cole..

Well I'm not shocked.news

I should use a different font for sarcasm :cool:
news is he is coming after Essien, Malouda and A Cole..

Same stuff we were reading when he went to Inter,he can have Essien's and Cole's shirt for 50 mil.

Hatem Ben Arfa's agent claims Everton are still interested in the Marseille forward.

Toffees boss David Moyes has been a long-time admirer and the Goodison Park club were strongly linked with a move for the 23-year-old during the January transfer window.

Ben Arfa helped Marseille win their first Ligue 1 title for 18 years this season and is valued at ?10million by the Mediterranean giants, having cost them ?9m from Lyon in 2008.

And his agent, Frederic Guerra, reckons a deal could be done this summer as Moyes aims to boost his squad for the 2010/11 season.

Possible move

"Everton have been very interested for a while now and it's a possibility," Guerra told the Sun.

Ben Arfa has won seven caps for France but despite being named in Les Bleus' provisional 30-man World Cup squad, he was cut from the final 23 for this summer's finals.

They might be.. news is Yakubu is off to West Ham Utd..

as is everyone else :p

West Ham have contacted Luca Toni, Henry, Yakubu so yeah take our pick :rofl:

Mexico striker Javier Hernandez has sealed his move to Manchester United from Chivas de Guadalajara after the Home Office granted a work permit.

The 22-year-old, who is set to travel with his country to this summer's World Cup finals, had agreed terms with United and passed a medical in April.

Hernandez's transfer will officially go through on 1 July.

He scored in Mexico's 2-1 friendly defeat to the Netherlands in Germany, on Wednesday.

The diminutive forward - affectionately known in Mexico as 'Chicharito', which roughly translates as 'little sweet pea' - also featured in the second half of his country's previous friendly, the 3-1 loss against England at Wembley on Monday.

Leeds United have made goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel their first signing after gaining promotion to the Championship.

The 23-year-old Dane joins the Elland Road side on a free transfer after mutually agreeing to terminate his contract with former club Notts County.

Schmeichel played in 43 League Two games for the Magpies in a promotion-winning campaign last term, but the club could no longer afford his contract and it was decided he could leave.

He was named PFA League Two Player of the Year and was delighted to sign a two-year deal with the Whites.

"There wasn't a lot of decision making to do," he told LUTV. "I've been talking to clubs, and when the question was raised about interest from Leeds I said yes.

"I've grown up in England, know a lot about English football, and I know Leeds is one of the biggest clubs in the country.

"There were other opportunities, but Leeds has everything, it's a massive club and has a massive fanbase.

"The infrastructure is here. Look at the training ground, the fanbase and the players. I think everything is in place. There's a great manager here and I can't wait to get started.

"I hope that we will do really well and get promoted, but the Championship is a weird and different league. Look at Blackpool last season, who came from nowhere and got promoted.

"I hope we start well and get some momentum going."

---

Edin Dzeko's representatives are in talks over the player possibly moving to Manchester City, Sky Sports News sources understand.

The Wolfsburg striker, who has been rumoured to be a target of several of Europe's biggest clubs, has been in prolific form for his club since joining from Czech side Teplice in 2007.

The 24-year-old was set to be new manager and former England boss Steve McClaren's prized possession if he could get hold of the classy target man, but it seems that City's huge amounts of financial resources could prise Dzeko away.

The Bosnian international's record of 54 goals in 94 games for his club appears to be enough to have persuaded City boss Roberto Mancini to part with the required funds to land the player, despite a wealth of striking options available to him.

If Dzeko is to make the move to Eastlands, it could spell the end of the line for some of his potential competition , with Roque Santa Cruz, Emmanuel Adebayor, Craig Bellamy and Robinho all rumoured to be heading towards the exit door.

I like Dzeko.. he is a pretty good forward and so I hope he doesn't join a classless club like City..

Jose Mourinho has signalled his intention to raid the Premier League for three of England's World Cup squad by suggesting he would like Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard to join him when he takes over at Real Madrid.

Source: The Guardian

I like Dzeko.. he is a pretty good forward and so I hope he doesn't join a classless club like City..

Source: The Guardian

Jose Mourinho has vowed to bring champagne football back to the Bernabeu as he aims to restore Real Madrid to former glories.

And the Portuguese coach has revealed that England stars Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard are the kind of players he will look for when shaping his Real side.

Manuel Pellegrini was sacked on Wednesday night after a trophyless first season with the Spanish giants, who have now won just two major trophies in seven years and have failed to get beyond the last 16 of the Champions League since 2004.

Having won the treble with Inter Milan, Mourinho is set to be unveiled as Real's new boss once he resolves contract negotiations with Inter, with whom he has a deal until June 2012.

The 47-year-old has already achieved much success with Porto, Chelsea and Inter teams built around reliable veterans, and midfield pair Gerrard (29) and Lampard (31) could fit the bill.

"I like players in the final part of their careers," Mourinho told Spanish sports daily AS.

Jose Mourinho has vowed to bring champagne football back to the Bernabeu as he aims to restore Real Madrid to former glories.

And the Portuguese coach has revealed that England stars Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard are the kind of players he will look for when shaping his Real side.

Manuel Pellegrini was sacked on Wednesday night after a trophyless first season with the Spanish giants, who have now won just two major trophies in seven years and have failed to get beyond the last 16 of the Champions League since 2004.

Having won the treble with Inter Milan, Mourinho is set to be unveiled as Real's new boss once he resolves contract negotiations with Inter, with whom he has a deal until June 2012.

The 47-year-old has already achieved much success with Porto, Chelsea and Inter teams built around reliable veterans, and midfield pair Gerrard (29) and Lampard (31) could fit the bill.

"I like players in the final part of their careers," Mourinho told Spanish sports daily AS.

Yeah, like Kralik just said.