[Official] Medal of Honor

I didn't know you needed a redemption key, I just signed in hoping to get into the beta :p I do not want to pre order without trying it out first :(

Damn, it's asking for a location and the US isn't open yet.

Edit:

Are we sure they're actually giving keys away? Looks like that's just the sign in page and redemption form should you already have one.

Now it's saying I don't have permission to access the page.

Also if anyone can could you record a video and YouTube it please. :)

Edit:

Are we sure they're actually giving keys away? Looks like that's just the sign in page and redemption form should you already have one.

FileFront lied. :(

The Medal of Honor Multiplayer Closed Beta is now live! Everyone can download the file but you will need a beta key to play. You can get one here, http://www.medalofhonor.com/beta 4pm PDT, midnight GMT time.

http://www.filefront.com/16781471/Medal-of-Honor-Multiplayer-Closed-Beta/

Edit:

You have to buy the game still, so it isn't giving it away :(

I didn't know you needed a redemption key, I just signed in hoping to get into the beta :p I do not want to pre order without trying it out first :(

You know you can cancel preorders....

You know you can cancel preorders....

That's probably what I'm going to end up doing if I can't get a key any other way.

I really wish it wasn't $60...

Soooooo, the short of it is... the game needs a lot of work for it to be any good. From text that is practically unreadable to hit registration, to it just plain and simple being unclear wtf you're supposed to do. And there is no way to tell how far you've progressed towards class unlocks (in game at least) as far as I can tell, and no notifications when you do unlock something. And then weapon balance doesn't seem to be very good, too. As it stands the game can barely be considered a beta, definitely not worth $60 at this point. The people on my team had no idea what we're supposed to be doing while the people on the other team steam rolled us. Not fun.

Oh yeah, text chat doesn't work for me at least, it makes you become stuck in place, wonderful. At least BC2 had working text chat from the start of the beta. If you played the BC2 beta you know how bad that game was during the beta... this game is worse, imo. But they have more time to fix things than they did on BC2. There is that, at least.

Does anyone think they'll release patches during the beta?

^ how does the game look/feel? Like a CoD clone?

I suppose I should have said that too. Feels (plays like) like MW2 but looks worse than both MW2 and BC2, surprisingly enough. I played 1920x1080, all settings on high, with 4x AA and 4x MSAA, no hsao. I actually had to check my screen resolution a couple of times because it looked so bad. The frame rates appeared to be pretty steady, which is probably the one good point about the game, it seems to run really smoothly. Of course the looks of the game are subjective, but that's my opinion on it anyways. I think with only having the games be capped at 24 players helps a lot with that though, compared to BC2's 32.

Edit: I do have HSAO on and it still plays really smooth.

I suppose I should have said that too. Feels (plays like) like MW2 but looks worse than both MW2 and BC2, surprisingly enough. I played 1920x1080, all settings on high, with 4x AA and 4x MSAA, no hsao. I actually had to check my screen resolution a couple of times because it looked so bad. The frame rates appeared to be pretty steady, which is probably the one good point about the game, it seems to run really smoothly. Of course the looks of the game are subjective, but that's my opinion on it anyways. I think with only having the games be capped at 24 players helps a lot with that though, compared to BC2's 32.

so looks worse then all the trailers and demo's from E3? Maybe it's not such a bad thing im not in the beta...

It doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look as good as BC2 or MW2.

And I don't know if it's just the beta or what but it seems like there is only 2 weapons per class not counting secondaries. Maybe it's just like that for the beta?

you unlock more as you rank up, spec ops gets a shotgun i think, snipers get bolt action rifles assault gets a machine gun. i thought it looked about the same as bc2 and atleast frostbite engine isnt so craptacular you need hacks for multimonitor support like mw, waw, mw2, presumably black ops as its on the same engine. i wish they would release more sp footage, frostbite is quite distinctive visually so i wonder if sp and mp will have a different look to them

Soooooo, the short of it is... the game needs a lot of work for it to be any good. From text that is practically unreadable to hit registration, to it just plain and simple being unclear wtf you're supposed to do. And there is no way to tell how far you've progressed towards class unlocks (in game at least) as far as I can tell, and no notifications when you do unlock something. And then weapon balance doesn't seem to be very good, too. As it stands the game can barely be considered a beta, definitely not worth $60 at this point. The people on my team had no idea what we're supposed to be doing while the people on the other team steam rolled us. Not fun.

Oh yeah, text chat doesn't work for me at least, it makes you become stuck in place, wonderful. At least BC2 had working text chat from the start of the beta. If you played the BC2 beta you know how bad that game was during the beta... this game is worse, imo. But they have more time to fix things than they did on BC2. There is that, at least.

Thanks for the run down, looks like I'll give this one a miss for know.

I'd imagine so. They are 4 months from release and this will likely be an older build. I'm sure they are cracking out internal patches left right and center. I'm sure they'll release the odd one to the public addressing the more glaring bugs. We'll see though. Sounds bleak so far. :/

Looking at videos on YouTube I must say this game looks great, but by the sounds of things its a different story here. Hopefully it'll get improved by the time of release.

Edit: I do have HSAO on and it still plays really smooth.

Thanks, trag3dy. I guess I'm going to hold off until they make it as good as the BC2 beta (or better).

you unlock more as you rank up, spec ops gets a shotgun i think, snipers get bolt action rifles assault gets a machine gun. i thought it looked about the same as bc2 and atleast frostbite engine isnt so craptacular you need hacks for multimonitor support like mw, waw, mw2, presumably black ops as its on the same engine. i wish they would release more sp footage, frostbite is quite distinctive visually so i wonder if sp and mp will have a different look to them

I imagine they're doing something along the lines of what DICE did with the BC2 beta. Instead of releasing the best-performing/best-looking version of the game, they released the best-tested/best-playable version. I guess they don't want people complaining more than they already are (for due reason). As for the SP version of MoH, I think it's using Unreal Engine 3 instead of the Frostbite engine.

Thanks for the update.

This wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear, so I can only hope things will get better from this point on.

for 820MB or so for client i imagine there's a lot of compression going on somewhere maybe causing the poor visuals.

on a sidenote I would like to trial the beta if possible before pre-ordering if someone has a spare key I'd be keen to use, i'll put up a bit of $$ for it if anyones got a spare ?

Isn't it.....a beta?

Aye. EA need to learn to never release betas the public unless it's a demo. A majority of the public are mentally handicapped and are too use to 'beta's from Activision and their ilk.