Yeah luckily I have PSN+, so the patch was already downloaded and installed for me when I got home. About to check it out now. :yes:

It's the Sebastian Vettel seasonal event. Take the X2010 Vettel round Suzuka. And because he won the world title at Suzuka, they've gone easy on the target times, so you'll easily get gold if you just keep the car on the track. :p

Bolded for emphasis. Holy ****ing god damned ****. :rofl: I was able to get Bronze. I am just way, way all over the place with this car. I think to get Gold I would have to bust out my wheel. :laugh:

It is insane how fast it is.

And speaking of fast, seriously it is CRAZY how much faster the loading times are and the menu system is, although it does make me wonder why was it not like this in the initial release, regardless it is a welcome addition. :yes:

To get a gold time using the pad, i basically knocked up all the assists and took it easy around the corners, it's very achievable that way.

AB you have to buy a Formula One GT car from the Online Used Cars section. I picked mine up the other week when they were half price at 2.5 mil

To get a gold time using the pad, i basically knocked up all the assists and took it easy around the corners, it's very achievable that way.

AB you have to buy a Formula One GT car from the Online Used Cars section. I picked mine up the other week when they were half price at 2.5 mil

damnit :(

Bolded for emphasis. Holy ****ing god damned ****. :rofl: I was able to get Bronze. I am just way, way all over the place with this car. I think to get Gold I would have to bust out my wheel. :laugh:

It is insane how fast it is.

And speaking of fast, seriously it is CRAZY how much faster the loading times are and the menu system is, although it does make me wonder why was it not like this in the initial release, regardless it is a welcome addition. :yes:

I found racing hood cam or bumper cam easier for a start. The cockpit on this thing is too narrow and a whole view of the car is distracting (for me at least). Still took me a good 30 mins to get gold :laugh:

Like AT I bumped some of the assists up, but not all of them, and not fully up. I'll try check my settings and get back to you.

damnit :(

For sure :p Although I didn't have 2.5m then!

Personally, I think it still loads races up in the same time; it's just that they've tried to disguise the loading time a bit by loading up the track first, but then if you try to start straight away, you have to wait for the cars to load up, and they take much longer than the track. The only real upside to the new loading system if you want to tweak your car's setup, you can start it quicker now, and when you're finished, everything should hopefully be loaded up (although I reckon it loads the cars up a lot slower or not at all when in setup mode :p ).

Personally, I think it still loads races up in the same time; it's just that they've tried to disguise the loading time a bit by loading up the track first, but then if you try to start straight away, you have to wait for the cars to load up, and they take much longer than the track. The only real upside to the new loading system if you want to tweak your car's setup, you can start it quicker now, and when you're finished, everything should hopefully be loaded up (although I reckon it loads the cars up a lot slower or not at all when in setup mode :p ).

that's all they've done...

Yep think you might be right there, although overall it does seem a little faster.

However there's no doubting the menus load quicker, which were a real pain before (especially tuning/garage).

Hmmm, sounds like a solid theory, but I swear I started the race right away. I also felt the restart race option (which i was doing A LOT yesterday with the Red Bull car) was much faster as well. Perhaps it was all in my head. And if it was, then it worked what they did. LOL

It certainly does load in the track quicker, but then keep an eye on the car list, they are all greyed out until they slowly load in one at a time. It's better than looking at the progress bar though.

Hmmm, sounds like a solid theory, but I swear I started the race right away. I also felt the restart race option (which i was doing A LOT yesterday with the Red Bull car) was much faster as well. Perhaps it was all in my head. And if it was, then it worked what they did. LOL

chances are is just because you did that red bull race that only has one car. so it would seem like it does load faster. do a race with 12 cars and it'll seem like nothing changed.

Anybody else feel like PD slipped up a bit? They've announced Spa as DLC, but there's a new FGT seasonal event already. This should of been released next week, and included Spa as one of the races imo. Oh well...

I think I've got you guys added already, so go ahead and race my Bobs if you want to level your drivers up and earn some cash... (Y) I'm pounding round the endurance races atm. No way I could attempt these without mid-race saves.

Anybody else feel like PD slipped up a bit? They've announced Spa as DLC, but there's a new FGT seasonal event already. This should of been released next week, and included Spa as one of the races imo. Oh well...

I think I've got you guys added already, so go ahead and race my Bobs if you want to level your drivers up and earn some cash... (Y) I'm pounding round the endurance races atm. No way I could attempt these without mid-race saves.

i did one race that took me like 4 hours or so to do (just hit pause and left the ps3 on) but never wanted to do that again. thank god for mid races saves cause now i can start tackling the tons of others i have left.

I have a problem. Just resumed the enduro I was 2hrs into, and my car is now driving itself around Tsukuba with no rubber left on it's tires. It's like watching B-Spec, but with no input; no way of telling him/me to pit the damned thing.

And now I'm being overtaken by slower cars.

Bug? Looks like I'm quitting this race then. What a waste of time.

Picked up the GT Foruma One for 5m (cried when I seen that balance come off) last night before bed (logging in to get my consecutive XP boost). Looking forward to trying out my first F1 car in GT!

Speaking of the Formula GT car, I take back what I said about it being more like an F3 car; turned out I had the power limiter at 54% to do a restricted race with it. :p (I'm impressed I actually won the first season event with just 54% of the engine! :laugh: ) It's definitely like an F1 car (maybe even an old-fashioned IndyCar) at full power. Tricky to flick it through tight corners without spinning out though, even on racing tyres.

I still need to complete a couple of the seasonal ones, think I have 3 golds so far. Will work on those tonight maybe.

The UK pricing for the DLC has been revealed.

The Course Pack (with Spa-Francorchamps and the two karting spaces) is £3.19.

The Racing Car Pack (with the X2011, and the new karts and all those touring cars) is £6.29.

The Racing Gear Pack (helmets and racing suits) is £1.59.

The Paint Pack (100 new colours) is £1.59.

And the Complete Pack (everything mentioned above in one big pack) is £9.49.

So, they dropped the ball a little bit, but not as badly as I expected. We're paying just under $15, so only $3 more than the Americans. Could have been worse. :p

The UK pricing for the DLC has been revealed.

The Course Pack (with Spa-Francorchamps and the two karting spaces) is £3.19.

The Racing Car Pack (with the X2011, and the new karts and all those touring cars) is £6.29.

The Racing Gear Pack (helmets and racing suits) is £1.59.

The Pain Pack (100 new colours) is £1.59.

And the Complete Pack (everything mentioned above in one big pack) is £9.49.

So, they dropped the ball a little bit, but not as badly as I expected. We're paying just under $15, so only $3 more than the Americans. Could have been worse. :p

Pain pack? Sounds interesting ;) Hopefully a PSN+ day one discount as well :D

Whilst I realise that it is quite a bit of content I feel that the fact the game itself has gone platinum makes this seem rather over priced. You can pick up the game now for around £17 and then they are asking over 50% more for 3 tracks, a few cars and other crap.... No doubt I will still be buying it. My Signature edition SLS model is still on show in my lounge. :D

The one thing I would love is somewhere to store a seat. Would just be perfect then!