Pretty poor showing from Sony/PD as they had previously announced that the Stealths would NEVER be available outside of the signature edition.

Yeah, was good fun on Spa. :) Weirdly, I lost connection to the room halfway through a race, so I ended up just going on Demon's Souls; big mistake. :p

I will make sure to buy the DLC come my next payday, which is in about ten days. :)

Ooh, speaking of the DLC, Yankies (and Canucks), your "special bonus" has been announced! Buy the complete pack, and you'll also be getting a unique GT Academy dynamic theme, as well as the Honda NSX GT500 Stealth model, which was previously only available in the Signature Edition.

And for an added special bonus, everyone in North America can now get another Stealth car for free: the Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth! Redeem this code in the PlayStation Store: RD69-FJN9-5N6Q

The code will be valid until January 30th 2012. And I'll try it myself in a minute just to make sure it's definitely North America-only. :p

EDIT: Confirmed; North America only. :(

thanks buddy (Y)

Yeah, was good fun last night at Spa (Y)

By the end of the evening there was 13 or more of us karting, which was a real blast. Might do some more tonight.

I'm kind of disappointed too that these Stealth models are being made available, but hard to see what else of any value Sony/PD could offer. Perhaps it's an indication the rest of the Stealth and Chromelines are soon to made available to purchase as DLC?

I'm kind of disappointed too that these Stealth models are being made available, but hard to see what else of any value Sony/PD could offer. Perhaps it's an indication the rest of the Stealth and Chromelines are soon to made available to purchase as DLC?

Anything tbh, give them a new unique skinned car or something. Don't screw over your current customers and take away something that they have paid for. While I realise that we haven't actually lost anything from what we had, they have gone back on what they said about them not being available outside of the pre-orders and actual signature pack.

Kazunori Yamauchi addresses GT5 DLC Complaints, update coming in Decemer

Following the community reaction to some of the intricacies of the downloadable content released earlier in the week (or next week for North America), Kazunori Yamauchi has been busy working on solutions and responding to complaints via Twitter. The latest of these includes a nod to the present, one-off nature of the car pack:

We’re planning an another update for GT5 in December. In that update users who purchased cars and tracks from the DLC already, can receive a free “family upgrade” in the PS Store, which will let all users in the same PS console use the DLC.

People who bought the DLC cars will have those cars added to the dealers in the December update.

After this December update you can purchase a second car and so on from the dealer.

This comes as great news to gamers who’ve bought the car pack but who have been reticent to drive the cars for fear of wearing them out and for those unable to buy the DLC packs for their primary Gran Turismo gaming accounts (or their children’s accounts).

Following on from these Tweets, Yamauchi also provided a tantalising teaser (and a small caution) to those gamers who have already purchased the DLC packs

Next, don’t get your hopes up too high, but PDI is also readying a X-mas present for those who’ve already bought multiple DLCs.

Quite what form the “present” will take, or what “multiple” means isn’t clear, but we have two months to speculate.

Good news there. Listening to the fans and actually doing what they want is why GT5 is once again the king of racing sims. :)

Christmas cannot come soon enough now! Girlfriend has told me that she will be getting me the GT Force wheel and the Wheelstand Pro. Would have liked a chair but nowhere for it in the lounge of my flat unfortunately.

Christmas cannot come soon enough now! Girlfriend has told me that she will be getting me the GT Force wheel and the Wheelstand Pro. Would have liked a chair but nowhere for it in the lounge of my flat unfortunately.

Awesome I'm thinking of nagging the girl for something similar :p

Wish it was still possible to pick up cheap G25's, I remember a while back Play selling them off for like £99 (might even of been cheaper) to make way for the G27.

That Toyota 7 race car is a bitch. Done my last expert event, a historic racing cup. Won by about 300 hundredths of a second :p

I ended up buying the Toyota 7 car to do that cup lol. On the plus side it's great as you can use it in B spec on the early levels with the jap races lol You end up about half a lap ahead after 5 laps of leaving your driver to just do whatever he wants. I normally go do some chores and come back to start the next race.

I ended up buying the Toyota 7 car to do that cup lol. On the plus side it's great as you can use it in B spec on the early levels with the jap races lol You end up about half a lap ahead after 5 laps of leaving your driver to just do whatever he wants. I normally go do some chores and come back to start the next race.

It's from the used garage isn't it? Meaning waiting around for it to appear :p I managed it in a race modded Dodge Challenger 70.

By the way, intro for spec 3.0 lol

^ So funny. Look at that baby go! :D

In truth, I wish they'd spent less time with cars like this, and more on.... blah blah blah etc

Yeah, I used the Dodge for most of the Historic cup, but needed the Toyota to do Monaco. Think it was a prize car in B-spec somewhere.

There's another update tomorrow to fix some things

We will be doing an October GT5 update in North America and Europe, planned for Oct. 27th. This will consist of:

1. Kart Space I/II of the DLC will become drivable with cars other than Karts in the online lounge and free run of Practice

2. Expanded restriction options for cars in the online lounge [Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Car Model] regulations will be possible to set simultaneously.

3. Fix for issues in: Setting sheets, G25/27, resuming from pits in endurance races, TC car numbers and LSD settings, etc.

Many more minor adjustments have been made, but something like this.

http://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi

Been playing this a lot more and that patch about the resumption of endurance is nice to see. Wheel/Stand for Birthday, 3DTV from the parents for Xmas :) should certainly add to the experience over my current DS3 lol

3. Fix for issues in: Setting sheets, G25/27, resuming from pits in endurance races, TC car numbers and LSD settings, etc.

Excellent! :woot:

yup (Y) i can finally start doing endurances races :)

Same, I hit level 25 a few nights ago.

It's bad to troll, but PD lighting really stands out against competitoin

forza10.jpg

6283015479_c27552d60a_b.jpg

lfanurb.jpg

13059146064789_nrburgring_nordschleife_1.jpg

GT6 is going to make the PS4 squeal, cannot wait.

Same, I hit level 25 a few nights ago.

It's bad to troll, but PD lighting really stands out against competitoin

forza10.jpg

6283015479_c27552d60a_b.jpg

lfanurb.jpg

13059146064789_nrburgring_nordschleife_1.jpg

GT6 is going to make the PS4 squeal, cannot wait.

i'm on 29 still, almost 30. how some of you are at 40 already (well months ago) is amazing to me.

you are right about the lighting. I've been creeping the forza photo thread and while the game does looks amazing, i've commented that it's lighting seems "meh" at best when compared to GT. i guess that's PD taking advantage of the CPU in the ps3? the best games in terms of lighting are usually on PS3 IMO (other then PC games of course) I.E. the lighting in uncharted 2 is the best lighting i have seen in a video game (i haven't played 3 yet and won't be for a long while :( )

i'm on 29 still, almost 30. how some of you are at 40 already (well months ago) is amazing to me.

you are right about the lighting. I've been creeping the forza photo thread and while the game does looks amazing, i've commented that it's lighting seems "meh" at best when compared to GT.

Pretty good car models, but there's far too much bloom going on. Who even uses bloom nowadays?! (Looking at Skyrim which better not look like Oblivion).

Probably B-Spec grinding for lots of cash, buy crazy top end cars, cruise A-Spec mode. Or, taking advantage of the seasonals when they used to give out like 300% EXP/Money bonuses.

Pretty good car models, but there's far too much bloom going on. Who even uses bloom nowadays?! (Looking at Skyrim which better not look like Oblivion).

Probably B-Spec grinding for lots of cash, buy crazy top end cars, cruise A-Spec mode. Or, taking advantage of the seasonals when they used to give out like 300% EXP/Money bonuses.

shhhh you are giving away my secret for pimping out my car garage ;)

shhhh you are giving away my secret for pimping out my car garage ;)

rajput, Killa Aaron sent me a lvl 24 gift ticket, and look what it gave me :D

IMG_20111026_194037.jpg

Poor man like me would've been waiting a while to get one of these! Costs 10m.

By the way does anyone have any tips for getting gold on the very last karting experience? Still haven't managed it. Cleaning up some of the special events I'm still to complete just now.

IMG_20111026_194037.jpg

You lucky git! :p

IMG_20111026_194037.jpg

By the way does anyone have any tips for getting gold on the very last karting experience? Still haven't managed it. Cleaning up some of the special events I'm still to complete just now.

i hate you. i would dislike your post if I could out of sheer jealousy. my new goal is to save up for that jag old school racing car or the ford one (effin aaron has 2 of them :( society is unfair and cruel). that car took my forever to save up for. most fun car in the game though. Next time i see you only we gotta do an f1 race though!