Huge Steam Sale going on RIGHT now.

One of my friends is royally ****ed. For some reason it wouldn't accept his debit card OR paypal (And he knows for definite they work on other sites)

He was there trying to purchase around 8 games for £30?

He kept re-trying about 13 times to complete the order in the 15min window he had left but it didn't work

Then total went up to £89 - He missed out big time :(

Sorry to hear that. I know this isn't anywhere near as bad, but I had the same issue when I tried to buy Mass Effect in January in the Steam sales. Luckily it was heavily reduced the other day so I bought it then.

bought dirt 2 for 10 bucks... worth it!

Me too, for £7.50. Definitely!

I would get the THQ Complete Pack but I already have most of the games. :(

Sell the extra copies of the ones you have? :p

Still no BFBC2 for the Mac :(

Won't happen any time soon either, this new Mac thing is done by Valve. For BC2 to get support, DICE would need to do the porting and they are already under a lot of pressure with several

games being developed and they are already showing that pressure be re-releasing games now, basically ( BC2 / MoH ).

hmm...I really want to get Assassin's Creed 2, but does the steam version still have the crummy Activision Ubisoft DRM?

Fixed and yes, it does.

So since I picked up Plants Vs Zombies, it's be awesome mindless fun :D.. I think I already put 8 hours into it o.O

Also decided to.. try out Team Fortress 2.. I converted to a console 5 years ago so it's "fun" relearning kb/mouse.

By fun I mean I'm ready to punch my monitors ala the dude who had his lvl 80 WoW chars deleted, lol.

Won't happen any time soon either, this new Mac thing is done by Valve. For BC2 to get support, DICE would need to do the porting and they are already under a lot of pressure with several

games being developed and they are already showing that pressure be re-releasing games now, basically ( BC2 / MoH ).

Even some games that have had Mac versions available before Steam hit the Mac (like Penumbra) still only have the Windows version available. Maybe it's because with SteamPlay you buy once for both platforms and some devs don't like the idea of "giving away" one copy of their game. Even though it was common years ago for PC+Mac games to come on a single hybrid disc.

Fixed and yes, it does.

Oh, sorry, thought it was Activision that did the DRM on it, my bad.

That sucks it still has it. My net has been better the last few months, but it still ****es me off they would halt my game just because I lose internet

So since I picked up Plants Vs Zombies, it's be awesome mindless fun :D.. I think I already put 8 hours into it o.O

Dude, PvZ is hilarious. I love the little notes you get from the zombies. Really great game, sank many many hours into this game.

I got a bit bored of PvZ shortly after they introduced the fog element. It's too easy :( It's so easy ti win by:

1. Place flowers which give sunlight on back row.

2. Place walnuts a couple of places back from front row.

3. Place shooters in front of sunlight growers - 2 or 3 rows.

4. Put potato mines behind the walnuts to stop the mowers/pole vaulters.

Yeah it's an easy game, but it's never less than awesome fun anyway.

Btw, to those who are buying the complete packs and thinking you could give/sell away the games you already own, be warned that in most cases you WON'T be given an extra copy of a game you already own.

I am showing alot of restraint. Haven't bought any games off Steam yet, ever. I got Portal for free a few weeks ago, and every night they tempt. So far I have resisted, not sure I can last much longer. Never played any of the Half-Life games, I might cave soon. Someone stop me!

I am showing alot of restraint. Haven't bought any games off Steam yet, ever. I got Portal for free a few weeks ago, and every night they tempt. So far I have resisted, not sure I can last much longer. Never played any of the Half-Life games, I might cave soon. Someone stop me!

You'd be crazy to not buy any of the packs if you want to try out Half-Life! I actually regret just buying TF2 by itself and not the Orange Box pack which would have been $7 more... Although I already have Portal and I've played the HL games already.

Orange Box $20.09

- Includes 5 items: Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2

OR

Half-Life Complete $26.79

-

Audiosurf is great, even at full price! for under 2.50$ it's just a must... too bad I have it already :(

Audiosurf is / was indeed great, got it a year ago at another Steam sale where it was actually cheaper, surprisingly.

But honestly, Beat Hazard is a better musical powered games and that's currently 3,49€, so might as well get that or better yet, get both.

Audiosurf is / was indeed great, got it a year ago at another Steam sale where it was actually cheaper, surprisingly.

But honestly, Beat Hazard is a better musical powered games and that's currently 3,49?, so might as well get that or better yet, get both.

ooh, I never knew about that one. I might have to get it too