Huge Steam Sale going on RIGHT now.

Already have Left 4 Dead 2 on the 360, but I got it on Steam as well now. $10 is just too good a deal to pass up, IMO, and I love playing with the PC crowd.

Already have Left 4 Dead 2 on the 360, but I got it on Steam as well now. $10 is just too good a deal to pass up, IMO, and I love playing with the PC crowd.

Yeah just bought it too. ?6.80 in the UK which is a steal!

Think we'll have to wait until the Autumn to actually install our games - servers are too busy and have been for a few days now, ffs.

Think they're getting hammered pretty hard :(

I was resisting buying games then i see you recommend Audiosurf & Beat Hazard.

Steam is just to easy as i have now brought them along with the Peggle Pack.

Think we'll have to wait until the Autumn to actually install our games - servers are too busy and have been for a few days now, ffs.

I'm getting ~350KB/s on the Dallas server (I live relatively close to Dallas).

Currently getting 50KB/s trying to download L4D2. Normally I max out at 2MB/s. Oh well, guess I'll just leave it on overnight.

Edit: Tried changing the download server and seems to be a fair bit quicker now. Getting around 300KB/s.

UK servers are hopeless, I switched to France and managed to get one game DL'ing but now that server is too busy as well.

Download speeds will vary by region. If you're having issues, change your download location in the Steam settings.

Their servers are taking a massive hit, I usually max out my connection but with all these sales going on, I'm barely hitting 500 kb/s and the average speed is around 100 kb/s.

Can't say that I blame them but it certainly is annoying to see your newly purchased game arrive so slowly :p

I guess I'm lucky because I was downloading Supreme Commander 2 at 1.6 MB/s. :p

"The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes." Loll. I just wanna download mah AudioSurf!!! Fastest my internet ever goes is 160 KB/s, so don't compain you fiber optic people :)

UK servers are hopeless, I switched to France and managed to get one game DL'ing but now that server is too busy as well.

I'm currently getting a fairly steady 600KB/s off the Netherlands servers right now. Not great, but pretty good considering how busy the servers must be.

and here I was debating on supreme commander 2, zeno clash, and audio surf

The games are good, just not the kind of stuff people hope for in the daily special.

everyone getting left 4 dead 2 makes me wanna get left 4 dead 2...

You should buy Left 4 Dead 2 :p It'll be a while before there's an offer as good as this one again.

You should buy Left 4 Dead 2 :p It'll be a while before there's an offer as good as this one again.

Bah thats exactly what I was thinking before I read your post. Thanks for backing up what I was thinking.

These sales are so hard on the wallet.

Bah thats exactly what I was thinking before I read your post. Thanks for backing up what I was thinking.

These sales are so hard on the wallet.

i want to buy it now, but i can't access the site at work :( so i may miss out. unless like a nerd i go to the house party im supposed to be at and be like "i need to use your comp so i can buy a video game!" That should impress the ladies...

i want to buy it now, but i can't access the site at work :( so i may miss out. unless like a nerd i go to the house party im supposed to be at and be like "i need to use your comp so i can buy a video game!" That should impress the ladies...

No smart phone?

There's still over 16 hours left of the sale, aren't you home by then ...

There's still over 16 hours left of the sale, aren't you home by then ...

off work in 5 hours, party for at least another 4-5 (i usually get pretty smashed) if it turns out well i go home with something, or go to their home with something.With all of that, I could maybe pull it off...

(Y) thanks for letting me knwo theres sixteen hours left.

and yeah i could try my iphone xilo. Fact that everyone here is buying it also definitely gives me people to play with too.

everyone getting left 4 dead 2 makes me wanna get left 4 dead 2...

I picked up L4D2. $10.20 is worth it. I guarantee you that you will spend more than 10 hours smashing, shooting, exploding and bashing zombies so that's <$1 for each hour of gameplay. I doubt you can get a better form of entertainment than that. Valve also releases free DLCs unlike Bioware and other companies with their money grubbing schemes.

off work in 5 hours, party for at least another 4-5 (i usually get pretty smashed) if it turns out well i go home with something, or go to their home with something.With all of that, I could maybe pull it off...

This is why you stay indoors, order a game on Steam and spend hours playing it. You skip the hangover, meager social activities that involve harming yourself and enter the zombie apocalypse. :rofl:

i've been trying for the last two hours on my iphone to sign in to steam and it's just not working. i know everything is right...

This is why you stay indoors, order a game on Steam and spend hours playing it. You skip the hangover, meager social activities that involve harming yourself and enter the zombie apocalypse. :rofl:

but i like getting with girls...