Wow, and I thought WaW was a clone. They've outdone themselves this time. Biggest copy/paste job yet.

But Munky they have a slightly changed UI and a few new perks/killstreaks, its completely different....:p

Glad somebody else agrees with me.

Wow, and I thought WaW was a clone. They've outdone themselves this time. Biggest copy/paste job yet.

I don't understand this.....

I mean, isn't this what all sequels do; Update/improve the game engine, new story and/or Co-op, revamp multiplayer, new maps, new weapons etc...

I don't understand why that's seen as such a disgrace to some people.

And how exactly was WaW a clone?

It's kinda funny to watch how people differ. I remember the outcry that the naysayers had over Splinter Cell Conviction because it was such a drastic change. All those people wanted to was a copy/paste from Chaos and SvM. The you have the extreme other side that cries foul when a sequel does minimal changes and does a copy/paste, such as the COD series.

You just can't win.

So I assume all peeps not getting this game won't be posting in the official COD thread?

I think we're free to post where ever we want on the forum? Unless I missed something? On the flip side, you're free to not read the thread if you don't want to read posts from people whose opinion differs from yours.

Anyways, there is definitely a knife lunge in that video that is suspiciously similar to commando in MW2. Fanboys scream "it's not the same though!". :no:

According to the Treyarch/CoD forums, Commando is out. From what I've read somewhere they confirmed that it won't be in the game.

Also I've started playing CoD4 again, much better than MW2, they just added too much to the game to make it fun. Should I pick up WaW then?

I think we're free to post where ever we want on the forum?

I never said otherwise. I just can't imagine why anyone would want to post in the official thread when they don't want or like the game.

Unless I missed something? On the flip side, you're free to not read the thread if you don't want to read posts from people whose opinion differs from yours.

Huh?

Anyways, there is definitely a knife lunge in that video that is suspiciously similar to commando in MW2. Fanboys scream "it's not the same though!". :no:

I guess most of us have missed this 10 foot lunge. It's not for a lack of looking.

Also I've started playing CoD4 again, much better than MW2, they just added too much to the game to make it fun. Should I pick up WaW then?

WaW is an awesome game, but it's night and day different from Modern Warfare.

WaW is an awesome game, but it's night and day different from Modern Warfare.

I think I'll pass on it. TF2 will keep me more than happy along with CoD4. :p

I think I'll pass on it. TF2 will keep me more than happy along with CoD4. :p

COD4 has legs, as does TF2. You can't go wrong there my friend.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops may offer a subscription service, according to a report.

Industry website MCV understands that a "premium multiplayer component" will be offered on top of the standard online mode for the game.

Details of the service are expected to be announced next month, which would coincide with a full reveal trailer on September 1.

The report was discussed alongside THQ's consideration of "robust downloadable content and premium online play" as a means of tackling second-hand sales.

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick has publicly wished for a subscription service for the franchise, while analyst Michael Pachter predicted that such a business model would arrive before the end of the year.

Kopri** strikes again.

Didn't one of the devs already come out and say there wasn't going to be any sort of subscription? I could have sworn there was something about that on here a few weeks ago.

Interesting. I want to see what it offers and if it's priced right.

put a subscription Service on a First Person Shoot... Are the Stupid.. not a single compeine could get away with it.. a good way to kill the game off.

Only MMO RPGS can get away with that due to content ever week being released .. I dont think COD will release 5 maps ever week to make it worth any ones money

Also all "premium online play" could only be done with dedicated server withc they dont host them selfs...

and I doute Xbox users want to pay even more on top there Live fee

Didn't one of the devs already come out and say there wasn't going to be any sort of subscription? I could have sworn there was something about that on here a few weeks ago.

I thought I heard that too. Maybe it's a system akin to EA's online pass? If it is a subscription. Well I'm surprised I didn't expect it to turn up so quickly! Also MANY publishers will be looking to see if they get away with it. If they do console online gaming is more ****ed than the MMO market! :D

put a subscription Service on a First Person Shoot... Are the Stupid.. not a single compeine could get away with it.. a good way to kill the game off.

Only MMO RPGS can get away with that due to content ever week being released .. I dont think COD will release 5 maps ever week to make it worth any ones money

Also all "premium online play" could only be done with dedicated server withc they dont host them selfs...

and I doute Xbox users want to pay even more on top there Live fee

Well the quote says it's on TOP of the standard online, so you would get what you get now without paying more. This sounds like a PSN+ version, with some additional features, maybe some dedicated servers or something. It all depends on the price and what is offered, but I would consider paying if I see there is enough value for me.

There's this: http://fourzerotwo.com/post/833729222/modern-warfare-2-subscription-false

It was posted on the 19th of July and it applies to Black Ops too.

I don't understand this.....

I mean, isn't this what all sequels do; Update/improve the game engine, new story and/or Co-op, revamp multiplayer, new maps, new weapons etc...

I don't understand why that's seen as such a disgrace to some people.

And how exactly was WaW a clone?

Because WaW wasn't a sequel to MW. Treyarch had freedom to develop their own multiplayer system for WaW and they chose to make a system almost identical to MW with little changes in terms of the perk/killstreak system. Whether Activision had a say in that we will never know but you can't tell me they didn't have the freedom to try something slightly different. There was no re-vamping of the multiplayer experience, it was just importing the old WWII guns in with MW's perks and killstreaks system.

Because WaW wasn't a sequel to MW. Treyarch had freedom to develop their own multiplayer system for WaW and they chose to make a system almost identical to MW with little changes in terms of the perk/killstreak system. Whether Activision had a say in that we will never know but you can't tell me they didn't have the freedom to try something slightly different. There was no re-vamping of the multiplayer experience, it was just importing the old WWII guns in with MW's perks and killstreaks system.

Which is exactly what they're doing here with MW2/Black Ops. It just looks like more of the same to me. All the things that are annoying in MW2 look like they're still going to be present in this game. Well.. we'll find out for sure on September 1st with the full multiplayer reveal.

I thought I heard that too. Maybe it's a system akin to EA's online pass? If it is a subscription. Well I'm surprised I didn't expect it to turn up so quickly! Also MANY publishers will be looking to see if they get away with it. If they do console online gaming is more ****ed than the MMO market! :D

Why are you so happy about that? Whatever happens to the console market effects the entire market too.

Not if the developers don't have the money to continue making games...

You forget the reason they all dropped pc development in favour of consoles in the first place. They make money & actually sell!

You start killing them off they aren't all going to have the funds to go back to pc development. Have fun playing Valve games for the rest of your life I guess?