Battlefield 3 will finally finish off CoD. It's too arcadey and for those that can't really aim.

Don't get your hopes up, BF3 will be a console game that will be limited by what can be done on consoles.

Well my take is on it from playing a bit too much MW2 and the reasons I've pre-orderd Black Ops:

Servers! I will NEVER buy another FPS game that doesn't have dedicated server support. There is no community, no choice of maps, no mods which makes it very bland. :s

Hacks. I see this farrrr too often in MW2 (maybe one out of every 10 games) :( It ruins the whole game and there is nothing you can do as there is no admin to kick them.

Snipers with M18's. Grr, I think I can only hope that sniping is made tougher. I would prefer a more close combat style of gameplay as its suits the arcade theme of the game.

To be honest I'd willing to pay for the same damned game if I get these points fixed...

Which is re-badged from CoD 4

Which is a rebadged COD.

Battlefield 3 will finally finish off CoD. It's too arcadey and for those that can't really aim.

Doubtful. Black Ops is going to sell like gang busters. Probably even better than MW2 I suspect.

It's too arcadey

Exactly why I like it.

Sometimes I just want to have fun, running around shooting in ten minute rounds.

I've got BC2 for something more serious.

BC2 is arcadey but it's far less sugar coated and bling bling filled than MW2.

Go Socom if you want something serious.

Exactly why I like it.

Sometimes I just want to have fun, running around shooting in ten minute rounds.

I've got BC2 for something more serious.

BC2? if you want serious, don't play BC2. More like ARMA, Operation Flashpoint, America's Army and borderline Ghost Recon titles are the best ones out this gen.

BC2? if you want serious, don't play BC2. More like ARMA, Operation Flashpoint, America's Army and borderline Ghost Recon titles are the best ones out this gen.

America's Army really is one of the more serious titles I have played in terms of FPS. I remember playing that back when it was released.

/off topic. :p

BF3 is being developed by DICE anyway and at the moment they're looking stretched.

@trag3dy That's what the first post says...

As a former PC-only gamer, I gotta say that I'm glad I have an Xbox 360. I used to dislike console gaming because of how cumbersome it felt to aim with a controller (over a mouse). And now I'm fully "adjusted" to console gaming so bring on Call of Duty: Black Ops, Halo Reach, and Gears of War 3.

Huh?

I was on my phone and didn't see this last page, I was referring to something you said on the previous page...ahhh forget it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we already know that there is a huge emphasis on customization of character and weapons using a pattern or emblem editor, as well as a video recorder/editor. Also, if you read what I posted, it talks about how players will earn money to buy items as well as wager on unique game types. Also BOTS confirmed.

I love how they introduce BOTS in MP Maps, solo or co-op and then Gun Game. Em HELLO COUNTER STRIKE?

Way to rip off another game/company and come out as "oh it was our idea". bull****. I love there explanation for Gun Game.

Kotaku had an article right away with modes and all that and im like really? Bots, Gun Game, come on, DO SOMETHING MORE CREATIVE.

EDIT:

Ok the new Wager Trailer, gotta give it some Credit.

Wager + One in the Chamber ='s MY KIND OF A GAME. Lets see bitches miss and knife me. I ****ing love knifing. Now a days anyone runs from a knife and dives and all this stupid ****. Happens in MW, happens in BF2, happens in BC2.

Essentially all the perks and kill streaks are copied directly from MW2. When it comes down to it, it doesn't look like the game play isn't going to change at all from MW2.

The only redeeming part is that kill streak rewards do not build on kill streaks. That's not confirmed yet though.

I am just disappointed. VAC for anti-cheat in the PC SKU? Seriously? Have they even looked at how much of a failure that has been in MW2? I knew Treyarch would do something to mess up :/