Which is exactly what they're doing here with MW2/Black Ops. It just looks like more of the same to me. All the things that are annoying in MW2 look like they're still going to be present in this game. Well.. we'll find out for sure on September 1st with the full multiplayer reveal.

Pretty much. I think MW2 had more right to do that though then MW because it was a direct sequel unlike WaW and Black Ops. Either way, doesn't look like they will be altering the formula much at all anymore.

Not if the developers don't have the money to continue making games...

You forget the reason they all dropped pc development in favour of consoles in the first place. They make money & actually sell!

You start killing them off they aren't all going to have the funds to go back to pc development. Have fun playing Valve games for the rest of your life I guess?

You know monkey in a hardcore PC gamer and even I can tell you if VALVE decided to stay STRONG in the PC market then I'm ok with that. They tried console and then went to MAC. THATS AWESOME and I'll gladly support a company who's keeping the prices @ 50 like a PC game should be priced and giving us AWESOME EPIC UPDATES. Look at TF2, that game got over 3Gbs of updates. Most games don't get updates like that anymore. Fps wise the last 2 amazing games were bf2/cod4. After then, things went down hill. But valves been keeping up the pc community and I like it.

I don't planning on buying anymore cod games. Until respawn makes a game again activation can suck a dick. They don't deserve my money for crappy PC ports. Watch black ops be a BIG FAIL for PC gamers like mw2 was. Only reason I'll play my 360 Is REACH and GEARS 3 and MvC3. Rest is PC

Oh don't get me wrong, I love Valve games (especially on the pc), but my point is Valve are one of the few remaining pc devoted developers. If console gaming were to die off do you think more than 50% of the studios would follow in their foot steps?

At the end of the day, what I am saying is pc gamers need console gamers as much as console gamers need pc gamers.

Pc devs push the boundaries when it comes to hardware, but it's the console market where they make their money to keep developing in the first place. As it goes though, console gaming would survive quite happily on it's own without pc gaming. In fact I think MS, Sony & Nintendo would enjoy it even more because the generations would last longer and there wouldn't be comparisons made with ageing hardware.

Of course through the eyes of a pc gamer, they only think about "me me me", and how they're being **** on while devs lose money over a smaller audience to keep them happy. Go figure!

Did not see the 10 foot lunge mention but did see a sprint with a small lunge that could be mistaken for one. What worries me more is the new dive ability showcased for a split second in the trailer. I have my reservations about it but the main one is does it disable your ability to fire while doing so, because I have had enough of the so called "drop shot" that everyone does. Its not a game breaker, just an annoyance.

after seeing what mw2 was like, and hearing what their president and all kept saying about subscription plans and whatnot, screw them all to hell. They won't get any more money from me. Last game I bought was CODMW, and by my standards, it was their last great.

I'll likely get it eventually. I'm not interested in MP at all, and never have been in a CoD game since before MW1. I thought the SP campaign of MW2 to be fairly mediocre, so I never bought it. I loved WaW's SP campaign, though, so I'll likely get this one too, but not until a price drop; I'm not paying $50 (let alone $60) for a short SP campaign. Much like WaW, I'll wait for a Steam sale and get it half-off. :D

What the hell was that weird lunge in the multiplayer trailer (about fourty seconds in if I recall)? At first I thought the guy was dying, but nothing showed up on the bottom of the screen (apart from the kill that the actual player got). I don't know about the rest of you, but I've never seen somebody dive that far in my entire life. I've also never seen somebody suspend themselves in the air like that.

Obsessive nitpicks aside, I'm quite indifferent overall. It looks like Modern Warfare 2, which had potential in my humble opinion (it just suffered from way too much bloat thanks to the perks and the killstreak rewards). If they can tone down the killstreak rewards from MW2, they'll be on the right track, but I'm already alarmed at the presence of thermal vision and knife lunging. Those two things have been nothing but a bane to the game since they were introduced.

As for myself, my heart belongs to another this fall.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've never seen somebody dive that far in my entire life. I've also never seen somebody suspend themselves in the air like that.

I could see that being an issue if the game was realistic. However, almost nothing about the COD games are realistic.

I could see that being an issue if the game was realistic. However, almost nothing about the COD games are realistic.

I agree with you for the record, though I must confess that I let out a chuckle when I saw the animated gif of the lunge. It just looks a little comical, even by COD standards.

Cool addition though. It makes sense that you should be able to go into prone that way.

I agree with you for the record, though I must confess that I let out a chuckle when I saw the animated gif of the lunge. It just looks a little comical, even by COD standards.

Cool addition though. It makes sense that you should be able to go into prone that way.

It looks like it should hurt LOL

Spookie, I'm sure you know that image is fake. :p If someone believes it they need a slap with a large wet trout.

Multiplayer trailer looks ****ing awesome. This game is gonna rock.

That. I think this is going to be a sweet game. Haters gonna hate. (Yes, i still play on MW2.)

from the MP it seems like im either going to be followed by an RC car, be sliced and diced by dual knives, cross bowed, sticky grenaded... oh jeeze. I'm just gonna sit in the corner and snipe. Oh wait, that's camping 8-)

So it's been confirmed that there will be 4 zombie maps in Black Ops, but the catch is.. you have to get the hardened or prestige edition. And they don't have those versions for the PC. What a joke. Pc gamers will probably have to buy the zombie maps if we want to play them.

So it's been confirmed that there will be 4 zombie maps in Black Ops, but the catch is.. you have to get the hardened or prestige edition. And they don't have those versions for the PC. What a joke. Pc gamers will probably have to buy the zombie maps if we want to play them.

Oh dear. :laugh:

I have to commend Activision on their blatant attempt to ruin the franchise. Makes me laugh more so knowing that'll sell well too.