[Official] NHL 2010/2011

Back in control of our own destiny. Win the last two games and we're in!

Sorry. Though the Leafs did no better. Welcome to the off season!

Back in control of our own destiny. Win the last two games and we're in!

choke harder...

come on habs, 25 is such a nice round number and a second one for the ducks in 4 years wouldn't be bad either ;)

^^

I'm guessing Washington - Vancouver for the finals.

Whilst i'm here i'll put in my predictions for the series that I was meant to do the other day.

West

Vancouver vs Chicago - Vancouver in 7

San Jose vs Los Angeles - San Jose in 6

Detriot vs Phoenix - Detroit in 5

Anaheim vs Nashville - Anaheim in 7

East

Washington vs New York - Washington in 5

Philly vs Buffalo - Buffalo in 7

Boston vs Montreal - Boston in 6

Tampa vs Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh in 7 (I actually changed this one several times)

So my prediction was Washington @ Vancouver in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final. With how dominating both teams are looking, I could be right.

I hate the fact that the games are on at midnight where I live. Although I did get to see a bit of the Detroit game on Sunday.

I hate the fact that the games are on at midnight where I live. Although I did get to see a bit of the Detroit game on Sunday.

tell me about it. when i was in europe for six weeks watching games at 1pm or 4pm was not a good time...

You were in Europe? And didn't come and see me? I'm disappointed in you. :p

I've got 11 days off soon (thank you bank holidays and royal weddings) so hopefully I can watch a few then.

I see the Canucks got raped last night. Not so mad I fell asleep and missed the game now.

And another rough loss for the Canucks. Luongo pulled again. Man, how crazy would that be if Chicago actually came back?

GAME 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow man if Chicago knocks them out that has to be a word spoken as a curse in Vancouver.

GAME 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow man if Chicago knocks them out that has to be a word spoken as a curse in Vancouver.

the curse's name is luongo and he sucks...

the curse's name is luongo and he sucks...

I dunno, last February in Vancouver he did alright. Though he did have a lot better defense in front of him. I think there was more pressure on him to perform on home soil at the Olympic games then there is in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

I dunno, last February in Vancouver he did alright. Though he did have a lot better defense in front of him. I think there was more pressure on him to perform on home soil at the Olympic games then there is in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

no there wasn't. clearly you are not from around here. and he was garbage during the olympics too. he was the reason parise scored the tieing goal cause the siv doesn't know how to catch a puck with his glove (which is ironic cause that is what it's for).

Some Canucks fan was on the radio talking about Vancouver's next bout against Nashville (and getting a little ahead of himself). He was suggesting that Nashville was a better team since since they acquired Underwood. I was thinking, "I know hockey pretty well and who the heck is Underwood and how could I not know a player that would have a significant effect on a team?". It wasn't until later in the phone call that he referred to him again, this time as "Mr. Underwood", that I realized who he was talking about.

Some Canucks fan was on the radio talking about Vancouver's next bout against Nashville (and getting a little ahead of himself). He was suggesting that Nashville was a better team since since they acquired Underwood. I was thinking, "I know hockey pretty well and who the heck is Underwood and how could I not know a player that would have a significant effect on a team?". It wasn't until later in the phone call that he referred to him again, this time as "Mr. Underwood", that I realized who he was talking about.

well those canuck fans are stupid because as of right now they are about to go through the biggest fail in NHL playoff history

I got 5 predictions right, 3 of those I got the number of games right too. Not bad.

East

Washington vs Tampa - Washington in 6

Boston vs Philly - Boston in 7

West

Vancouver vs Nashville - Vancouver in 6

San Jose vs Detroit - Detroit in 6

After beating LA, does SJ still deserve the choker mantra?

On a more general note, which team (or player) is the greatest choker of the modern era? One's instincts may be to say the Leafs, but the Leafs haven't had teams good enough to choke for the vast majority of those years (decades).

Joe Thornton's name gets mentioned for the biggest choker mostly because he hasn't been able to win the Stanley Cup. Some people were being quick to toss out the choker tag to Roberto Luongo recently as well but he may have, at least, bought himself more time on that one.

After beating LA, does SJ still deserve the choker mantra?

On a more general note, which team (or player) is the greatest choker of the modern era? One's instincts may be to say the Leafs, but the Leafs haven't had teams good enough to choke for the vast majority of those years (decades).

Joe Thornton's name gets mentioned for the biggest choker mostly because he hasn't been able to win the Stanley Cup. Some people were being quick to toss out the choker tag to Roberto Luongo recently as well but he may have, at least, bought himself more time on that one.

Last years Boston Bruins did a pretty good job of choking. San Jose's label of choker may have been passed over to the caps. Since the 07-08 season they have been 1st in the southeast every year and haven't made it past the conference semi's. With the talent on that roster they should be getting to the conference finals.

I was always surprised at Ottawa's ability to rack up regular season points (well, until recently) and yet still find a way to lost to less talented Leafs teams in the playoffs.