[Official] NHL 2010/2011

The avs won a game :D

Against the lowly, injury-ridden Oilers ;).

Wish I had caught the Montreal vs Minnesota game yesterday. The Habs made the Wild look like a bunch of droopy-eyed, armless children. Good game for Subban especially.

Yeah it was a battle of the bottom feeders alright. Excluding a win against St Louis that was our first win for 60 days, during that time we dropped from 8th in the conference to 14th.

I've just read that Ottawa have signed Anderson to a 4 year/$12.75m contract extension. Link here.

DENVER -- Joe Sakic is launching his second hockey career with the franchise he helped turn into a Stanley Cup champion.

The longtime Colorado Avalanche captain will serve as an executive adviser, involved in all facets of hockey operations. He will also represent the team at the board of governors meetings as an alternate governor.

Source

Glad he's sticking around, we need all the help we can get.

I'm going to the Ducks/Avs game on Monday, though I'm expecting another loss :(

Source

Glad he's sticking around, we need all the help we can get.

Agreed. I always liked Sakic on and off the ice, so I think this is great.

I'm going to the Ducks/Avs game on Monday, though I'm expecting another loss :(

Not sure whether to be jealous or not lol. Hopefully it'll be a good game.

three games since my boys scored a goal...

Harsh. At least their place in the playoffs is pretty safe though. There's a nice seven point margin separating the teams that are out. The Flames are also playing pretty terribly, but unfortunately for them it's do or die.

Harsh. At least their place in the playoffs is pretty safe though. There's a nice seven point margin separating the teams that are out. The Flames are also playing pretty terribly, but unfortunately for them it's do or die.

flames are the done. not because of them not having enough points to have a chance, they just don't have enough games left to do it and because of that need a CRAP LOAD of help

So to make a disappointing end of the season a little better, I get to sound the hurricane siren before the Canes game vs Detroit tomorrow night! They had a contest and all you had to do was retweet something to enter, and I did and won! I'm excited! I just had to share that.

Well, the Leafs have been done for a while but there was still a sliver of hope. Now they are mathematically done.

Reimer needs to show that he wasn't a flash-in-the-pan and avoid the sophmore slump.

Burke needs to find a #1 centre and perhaps a power forward for the wings during the off season. They may throw money at Brad Richards, they may package their two (late) #1 picks with a propect (Kadri?) for an elite forward.

Ron Wilson won himself another season start but he may be fired in the Leafs are slumping in Oct/Nov/Dec.

Well, the Leafs have been done for a while but there was still a sliver of hope. Now they are mathematically done.

Indeed. Same goes for Calgary - now officially eliminated from contention.

Oh, and the Oilers clinched last place for the second year in a row. Yaaaaay... :dizzy:

The one saving grace for you guys is the number 1 draft pick, as much as it may suck being dead last I would probably prefer it to finishing 9th or 10th in the conference.

So to make a disappointing end of the season a little better, I get to sound the hurricane siren before the Canes game vs Detroit tomorrow night! They had a contest and all you had to do was retweet something to enter, and I did and won! I'm excited! I just had to share that.

When I sound the siren, the Canes get a shutout! I see a new calling in life for me!

When I sound the siren, the Canes get a shutout! I see a new calling in life for me!

lol nice. Too bad you'll still miss the playoffs :p

lol nice. Too bad you'll still miss the playoffs :p

Hey, don't be grouping us with you just yet. There's still a chance. :rofl:

The one saving grace for you guys is the number 1 draft pick, as much as it may suck being dead last I would probably prefer it to finishing 9th or 10th in the conference.

That's true, though it would definitely suck if we lost the first pick in the lottery, lol :).

Last game of the season for us Sunday, and hopefully the last game for Foote if his leg is alright. I'd like to see him play one more game before retiring.

GO LEAFS GO. XD They might surprise a bunch of critics this year I'd say.

yeah they'll finish 10th instead of 12th

standings.jpg

wise up. montreals team is lighter than a feather and has about as much depth as a childs paddling pool.

lost their top two dman (which one is a top 5 in the league...

You a QC native? What's up with supporting the furthest away franchise from your home province?

I don't see Montreal near the playoffs this year.

and still made the playoffs