[Official] NHL 2010/2011

^^ Yeah watched that game (have NHL Centre Ice package) and the Leafs are just sad.

Their forwards are just terrible, Colby Armstrong at $3M??? Wow, good job Burke, he's a glorified grinder and missed that open net in the 3rd period.

give colby a break with the salary though. the way he played last season he deserves 3. it's just that if you go to that **** hole, you are not going to play well.

give colby a break with the salary though. the way he played last season he deserves 3. it's just that if you go to that **** hole, you are not going to play well.

Blue and White disease is contagious.

Canucks win again. Only one regulation loss in the month of December. DAYAM!! :woot:

TBH they didn't exactly play too well tonight, but Schneider was huge for them with 44 saves and they got some lucky goals. They didn't really deserve to win but we'll take it. Worst I've seen them play in a long time though. Hopefully they will turn it around on Sunday.

I saw Alex Kovalev get dropped in our fantasy league and my first reaction was to put in a waiver claim. Then I looked at his stats this season and he really isn't pulling much fantasy weight this year. Granted, Ottawa has had a bit of a rough season (not quite Toronto rough but not that far off either) but still...

I also noticed that Yahoo hadn't predicted him to rank that highly either so I'm gathering that his near 38 years has been catching up with him.

Wow, 1st in the NHL anyone? :|

This is crazy, the Canucks have all the pieces right now!

I'm trying not to get too excited!

A big win last night vs the Kings for the Leafs. 3-2.

And it gets weirder. The Leafs beat San Jose. That means that they have won 5 out of 6 and, since their one loss was their lone home game, that means they are on a 5 game road winning streak.

They have also matched their 4 game winning streak that they used to start the season. I guess Ron Wilson's job is safe for another few weeks.

Meh, i'm not a fan of the all star game. The winter classic is where it's at. If I was a wings fan i'd secretly be quite happy that only one player was selected, t gives the other players a chance to recover from minor injuries.

^^ Seems like a lot of people are. I thought that winter classic this year was so boring it was almost unbearable. We had a whole bunch of ppl over at my friends place and everyone was just... bored.

I understand what they are trying to do, but when you are out side and it's ABOVE freezing temperatures... Then you get a slow, terrible, hockey game.

Just my .02 on it...

^^ Seems like a lot of people are. I thought that winter classic this year was so boring it was almost unbearable. We had a whole bunch of ppl over at my friends place and everyone was just... bored.

I understand what they are trying to do, but when you are out side and it's ABOVE freezing temperatures... Then you get a slow, terrible, hockey game.

Just my .02 on it...

January 1st in Toronto would be dicey enough but when they start to host it in places further south then you can't expect much from the ice conditions. When they first concocted this thing they located it in Edmonton but that's a lot further north.

Is there a rule of some kind that it has to be at New Years? Couldn't they have it at a colder time of year? I dunno, that may be stupid I just wish the ice was PLAYABLE! :p

I've seen all the Winter Classics, and I just haven't enjoyed watching any of them. I think that some people really enjoy watching that type of hockey because they grew up playing outdoor hockey. In BC that's not the case and rarely did I ever get to play pond hockey because it's generally quite mild in Vancouver (I'm sure most ppl know that).

Anyways, a lot of people like it so I'm happy about that, it's just that every year I'm expecting a good game, and there hasn't been one, except for maybe Crosby's shootout winner last time. Although the game was hardly playable that time anyways...

And it gets weirder. The Leafs beat San Jose. That means that they have won 5 out of 6 and, since their one loss was their lone home game, that means they are on a 5 game road winning streak.

They have also matched their 4 game winning streak that they used to start the season. I guess Ron Wilson's job is safe for another few weeks.

I don't think Wilson is going anywhere lol. But yeah, the Leafs did beat San Jose at the shark tank last night. It was also Wilson's 600th Win.

Is there a rule of some kind that it has to be at New Years? Couldn't they have it at a colder time of year? I dunno, that may be stupid I just wish the ice was PLAYABLE! :p

I've seen all the Winter Classics, and I just haven't enjoyed watching any of them. I think that some people really enjoy watching that type of hockey because they grew up playing outdoor hockey. In BC that's not the case and rarely did I ever get to play pond hockey because it's generally quite mild in Vancouver (I'm sure most ppl know that).

Anyways, a lot of people like it so I'm happy about that, it's just that every year I'm expecting a good game, and there hasn't been one, except for maybe Crosby's shootout winner last time. Although the game was hardly playable that time anyways...

Well there is still one more.. the Heritage Classic.. I wonder if that's going to be the same thing. At least last time when the Pens played at the Winter Classic, they actually broadcasted the whole thing. CBC screwed up.

And the rollercoaster ride for the avs continues. One day we beat Detroit 5-4 the next we lose to Chicago 4-0, it would be nice if we could string a few win together...

no offense to the leafs, but a local midget team could give the sharks a run for their money the way they are playing right now...

Well Leafs will take what they can get. a Win is still a win.

And the rollercoaster ride for the avs continues. One day we beat Detroit 5-4 the next we lose to Chicago 4-0, it would be nice if we could string a few win together...

i love watching your team play, they are honestly maybe my third fave team (used to love them because of patrick roy was there). the team is still learning. a couple of more seasons they'll be a dominant force, just got to bulk up that defense a bit.

Both Canadian teams that suited up last night were out scored by a total of 13-0. That's something more to laugh about.

How about those reports though of Nabokov getting signed by Detroit. Who do you think is gonna pick him up on waivers? I think if they sign him to a one or two year deal worth $3-$4mil or less, someone else will claim him. Anything more and they'll leave him.