[Official] NHL 2010/2011

Lupul seems to be awesome for Phil Kessel. After going for dogs years without a goal, he has three goals since Lupul arrived and I believe that Lupul has assisted on all three of them. The first two were PP markers but tonights first goal was at even strength.

or it was just due for Kessel to score. :laugh:

What are your thoughts Fred?

So it's Kaberle for Boston 1st + Colbourne or Spooner.

So it's practically like Kaberle for 2 1sts. (when you don't count in Spooner, because he was drafted in the 2nd round /45th.) :rolleyes: :laugh:

What are your thoughts Fred?

So it's Kaberle for Boston 1st + Colbourne or Spooner.

So it's practically like Kaberle for 2 1sts. (when you don't count in Spooner, because he was drafted in the 2nd round /45th.) :rolleyes: :laugh:

I'd take two 1st rounders for someone who will become a UFA.

Without Kaberle's or Verbeek's salary we should be able to sign a 1st line centre (though it could as easily be done in the off-season).

It continues to fix the problem of too much cap space being allotted to defencemen.

I hope that they don't invest too much effort in fixing our injury-depleted goaltending situation. Perhaps throw a 4th rounder to bring in somebody's backup who is near the end of an overpaid contract (we have cap space).

Those who claim that the playoffs are possible (see today's Toronto Star) are living in a dream world. We won't be getting to 90 points this year.

I'd take two 1st rounders for someone who will become a UFA.

Without Kaberle's or Verbeek's salary we should be able to sign a 1st line centre (though it could as easily be done in the off-season).

It continues to fix the problem of too much cap space being allotted to defencemen.

I hope that they don't invest too much effort in fixing our injury-depleted goaltending situation. Perhaps throw a 4th rounder to bring in somebody's backup who is near the end of an overpaid contract (we have cap space).

Those who claim that the playoffs are possible (see today's Toronto Star) are living in a dream world. We won't be getting to 90 points this year.

I'm liking the trade as well. It really softens up the Kessel deal a bit. I'd wish Boston also throws Wheeler in the Deal since they need to move bodies.

Avs have traded goalie Craig Anderson to Ottawa for goalie Brian Elliot. Perhaps a change of scenery is just what those two need. Doubt it's gonna help my fantasy squad though. :p

The Kaberle trade has been confirmed (he waived his no trade clause):

The Leafs will receive prospect centre Joe Colborne, the Bruins’ first-round pick and a conditional second-round pick in 2012 if Kaberle – an unrestricted free agent this summer – signs a new contract in Boston or if they make the Stanley Cup final.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/leafs-beat/leafs-deal-kaberle-to-bruins/article1913136/

The St. Louis Blues have traded defenceman Erik Johnson, forward Jay McClement and a conditional first-round draft pick to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for forward Chris Stewart, rookie defenceman Kevin Shattenkirk and a conditional second-round draft pick.

-Tsn.ca

Dallas trade F James Neal and D Matt Niskanen to Pittsburgh for D Alex Goligoski

Goligoski is a RFA so I'm not sure why they'd trade him. Surely Pittsburgh isn't looking at a playoff run this year?

Edit:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/stars-deal-james-neal-to-pens/article1915169/

It looks like Pittsburgh is going to try to win the first round of the playoffs this year. Good luck on getting any more than that.

Although, maybe this means that they know that Sid the Kid is coming back this season (even if Malkin isn't).

Goligoski is a RFA so I'm not sure why they'd trade him. Surely Pittsburgh isn't looking at a playoff run this year?

Edit:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/stars-deal-james-neal-to-pens/article1915169/

It looks like Pittsburgh is going to try to win the first round of the playoffs this year. Good luck on getting any more than that.

Although, maybe this means that they know that Sid the Kid is coming back this season (even if Malkin isn't).

i would say that Pittsburgh needs forwards after Crosby and Malkin went down. Desperation move I guess. At least they still have Letang.

i would say that Pittsburgh needs forwards after Crosby and Malkin went down. Desperation move I guess. At least they still have Letang.

Yeah, it must be. I would have kept with the status quo and blamed a lack of playoff success on bad luck injuries. Although, one could also make the case that Pittsburgh allowed Crosby to return too quickly after the first head hit.

Ottawa have traded Kovalev to the Penguins for a 7th round pick.

Source

I know Kovalev has been a major dissapointment, but a 7th round pick?! Really?!

Surely they threw in a bag of pucks to go with that 7th round pick? :blink:

Wow. I'm just going to assume this was a major salary dump and the 7th round pick just made it legal.

Surely they threw in a bag of pucks to go with that 7th round pick? :blink:

Wow. I'm just going to assume this was a major salary dump and the 7th round pick just made it legal.

I don't think Kovalev is a dynamic player anymore. Sure he has skills but I think his stock has gone down ever since he left the Habs.

• 2 weeks later...

So what does everyone think of the Chara hit? He's not going to be suspended for it, discuss.

Personally I think he was right not to be suspended, I don't think he intended to hit Pacioretty into the (not sure of the actual name here) post holding the dividing glass between the two teams, I think he intended to hit him into the boards to stop him going past but thats it. It's reminiscent of the hit Johnson gave to Smyth when he was playing for the Avs.

So what does everyone think of the Chara hit? He's not going to be suspended for it, discuss.

Personally I think he was right not to be suspended, I don't think he intended to hit Pacioretty into the (not sure of the actual name here) post holding the dividing glass between the two teams, I think he intended to hit him into the boards to stop him going past but thats it. It's reminiscent of the hit Johnson gave to Smyth when he was playing for the Avs.

I would have been a everyday non-issue on the other side of the rink.

except every (and most amateurs, **** i don't pay the game i know every single part of an ice rink) professional hockey player knows where they are on the ice and chara knew that the stansion was there and decided **** it, i'm going to ram his head into it when the puck is 30 feet away from both of us. the fact that it was interference tells you there was literally NO REASON for him to do what he did. he knew what he was doing and after he never apologized for what he did. NHL ****ed up on this one...

i hope someone bertuzzi's chara hard. he deserves the exact treatment back to him.

Air Canada is threatening to withdraw their sponsorship of the league due to the number of violent hits like this one (Chara vs Pacioretty).

Can we bury Komisarek's salary in the minors like we did with Jeff Finger? We need him out of the lineup completely.

I dunno man. Komi and Lebda are both pretty bad. Seems like Komi is the more angrier and more aggressive Lebad. Whoops. Not a spelling mistake. :laugh:

Personally I think he was right not to be suspended, I don't think he intended to hit Pacioretty

Do you speak or read French? I have a great article from Dany Dub?, maybe you can change your mind...

My opinion on the subject : Change the rules. Players responsible for injuries, voluntarily or not, should be suspended until the injured player comes back on the ice. No salary for the whole time. As simple as that.