[Official] NHL 2010/2011

Leaf fans with a heart condition should never watch the 3rd period of their games at all.

I swear there was a Leaf fan in attendance in a game that was 3-4 years ago.. actually fainted or something @ the ACC. I was watching the game in residence and they talked about the fan who fainted. Apparently they gave him/her a Jersey too. :laugh:

:/

The NHL is considering a full scale overhaul of the NHL All Star game.

While the concept hasn't been officially signed off on, sources say how the players are selected to play may change for this year's event in North Carolina.

If the changes are approved, the East vs. West format would no longer exist.

Fan voting would still be utilized to determine the game's starters, while the remaining 36 players will be selected by NHL's hockey operations department.

The captains of each team will be voted on by the participating players, and those captains and alternate captains will draft their teams as part of a live event in Raleigh during All Star weekend.

Discussions with the NHLPA will continue before an official announcement is made. However, the expectation is the league and union will agree to the changes in the coming days.

The Blue Jackets destroy the Blues 8-1.

That's nuts. Looks like it got pretty violent in the third. I guess the Blues don't respond well to losing (unlike the Oilers! :laugh: ).

Oh, and Ryan O'byrne has been traded to Colorado. I guess that's what happens when you score on yourself: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=340710

he has single handedly destroyed the new jersey devils

I do feel bad for him though. After everything he has gone through. :laugh:

Leafs played a good game.. but still a loss due to Lebda tipping in the winner for the Nucks.

oh.. and Markov injured again?

Avery refused a fight by saying "No, next period" and then as soon as Smid turned away, Avery sucker punched him. Does Sean Avery have any class whatsoever?

Well, given some of his past off-ice statements, I would say not.

Islanders have fired coach Scott Gordon.

NEW YORK -- Scott Gordon was fired as coach of the New York Islanders on Monday during a 10-game winless streak that left the team at the bottom of the NHL standings.

He was replaced on an interim basis by Jack Capuano, coach of the Islanders' AHL affiliate. Capuano joins a team that was swept on a three-game California road trip and is 0-9-1 in its last 10 games. His Islander coaching debut is at home Wednesday against Tampa Bay.

Source

Avery refused a fight by saying "No, next period" and then as soon as Smid turned away, Avery sucker punched him. Does Sean Avery have any class whatsoever?

Well, given some of his past off-ice statements, I would say not.

Comeon' Fred.. it's a given for Avery to have absolutely no class.

Really Epic Come from behind Win by the Leafs tonight! :yes:

We may need Versteeg to play the PP point for the rest of the season. He seemed like quite the underwhelming acquisition until his two PP markers. There was a shorthanded goal against but it was Lebda to blame on that one.