Here's how my first hour (or so) of game play went : I was nearly decapitated, then I was chased by a dragon and saved by the guy who wanted to decapitate me, I fled with that guy, we killed lots of people in our escape and sneaked past a ferocious bear. After wishing each other farewell and going each to his fate, I sneaked behind him and tried to pickpocket him. He saw me, became furious and attacked me. I tried to fight back for a moment but he had a shield and I soon realized I wouldn't be able to bring him down. I then decided to flee, but he caught up to me. That's when I saw the river and decided to dive in ! After swimming a little while and getting some distance I saw him loose track and abandon his hunt. I continued swimming and found a little camp with a lone fisherman. I talked to him and asked him about what he had to sell, but a chest caught my attention. I couldn't search it without stealing it. Sure enough, I killed the fisherman, took all his gear and possessions, lockpicked the chest and took everything inside too. I then remembered that the guy I fought earlier told me to seek his father in a nearby village. The village wasn't very far, so after trying and failing to hunt a deer, I decided to go there.

Now here's my first gripe with the game. When I went there, the guy that was hunting me after I tried stealing from him was there too ! But ... he didn't recognize me, well he did but he completely forgot about the incident, we were friends again. It would have been so much better to have him actually stand up and point an accusatory finger towards me then either let me explain my previous behavior or just outright fight me. Anyway, I'm now still inside their house, trying to steal anything I can.

Hey while I'm still here, I just noticed all these mods and wanted to know if there are any patchs/mods that deal with these 2 issues :

1) The possibility to make the controls like WoW's controls : meaning moving the mouse makes you just look around, moving the mouse while holding the right mouse button changes your direction, holding the middle mouse button makes you go forward.

2) Higher textures. I feel the textures are not that great looking.

Any other mods required ?

Now here's my first gripe with the game. When I went there, the guy that was hunting me after I tried stealing from him was there too ! But ... he didn't recognize me, well he did but he completely forgot about the incident, we were friends again. It would have been so much better to have him actually stand up and point an accusatory finger towards me then either let me explain my previous behavior or just outright fight me. Anyway, I'm now still inside their house, trying to steal anything I can.

Yeah, people get mad, you run away, you come back and they're pretty much indifferent. I started an all out war in Markarth, and now people are a bit peeved at me, but they'll still let me stay in their inn or sell me their wares.

IMO, Fallout has always done a good job of keeping track of who is mad at you, although Fallout also has more of a "well you ruined that quest and now people will shoot at you if you come within a mile of town" attitude.

Did you download the new high resolution pack that comes with the Creation Kit? If that's not good enough, there are some community built ones, although I don't know how good they are.

Hey while I'm still here, I just noticed all these mods and wanted to know if there are any patchs/mods that deal with these 2 issues :

1) The possibility to make the controls like WoW's controls : meaning moving the mouse makes you just look around, moving the mouse while holding the right mouse button changes your direction, holding the middle mouse button makes you go forward.

Any other mods required ?

1) You can change the camera to third person view with the F button or mouse wheel, and hitting the c button will make you auto run.

3) So many to choose from, this is a good place to start:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/top/

That all assumes you are playing on the pc version.

Is there a mod that can show minimap at the corner of the screen, healthbar & mana bar always on, mob health on their heads, action bar at the bottom of the screen? I mean WoW-like interface. I'm still not getting used to pull up the favorites menu everytime and going to full screen map all the time.

Is there a mod that can show minimap at the corner of the screen, healthbar & mana bar always on, mob health on their heads, action bar at the bottom of the screen? I mean WoW-like interface. I'm still not getting used to pull up the favorites menu everytime and going to full screen map all the time.

No....most of that stuff isn't needed and wouldn't even work in Skyrim anyways. For the most part people seem to want less hud elements on their screen in Skyrim, not more.

Search functionality added to Steam Workshop. Suprised this happened as quick as it did, even though Valve acknowledged it was on the to-do list.

Of course it probably has to do with the over 1,500 Skyrim mods appearing on there in 48 hours...

So, I've had too much of a life lately and was wondering when official DLC for Skyrim is coming....?

As far as I'm aware they haven't said when it will be out yet or what they will even be, just that when they are released they will be xbox 360 exclusive for a while.

As far as I'm aware they haven't said when it will be out yet or what they will even be, just that when they are released they will be xbox 360 exclusive for a while.

Although I've barely scratched the surface of this one, I'm looking forward to the DLC. I know you don't know when but has there been any rumours of what it could be?

Although I've barely scratched the surface of this one, I'm looking forward to the DLC. I know you don't know when but has there been any rumours of what it could be?

Nope, other than that video showcasing what they did in a week they haven't said much. All they have said is that the dlc will be big, similar to Shivering Isles for Oblivion, in size.

accidentially beat the main story line last night.

level 22

because i got the nightingale set at i think level 17 or something, im assuming im using the lowest version, is there anyway to get the higher version ( im assuming through console commands )

also because i only use bows, im guessing the Shrouded Armor ( assassins guild ) is the set i should use as it gives a + to bows?

*Edit* using the Assassins guild armor atm, got this mod to make the armor look decent though.

and got a Orcish bow that fills gems, so started using gems.

Doesn't the assassins armour mean you can't wear boots or gloves? Your helmet, boots and gloves can all boost your archery. Maybe not boots actually..

Yea the assasin boots give silent step and gloves backstab, the cowl is what gives +bows. So far im using the whole set, and seems good, got a lower stealth level though.

Somehow my bow went up to 36 dmg from 29 BEFORE i put on the set. No idea how.

Has anyone tried the latest official nVidia drivers? they claim to improve 45% performance, so far it seems good, but I find some temporary freezes while in Whiterun, GTX 460 with high res texture pack

Triss armor (Witcher 2):

http://skyrim.nexusm...ile.php?id=4708

The interesting thing about the last two armors is that the devs from Projekt Red have said that people can take assets from Witcher 2 and use them in other games. That is why they are "legal" mods. And they are lore friendly, for the most part.

I really like the Witcher clothes, but this one does raise a particular issue I've been thinking about. Games like Saints Row, Left 4 Dead 2, GTA and The Sims 3 don't use normal textures for the majority of things, instead they use greyscale maps and do all the colouring/patterns through the shaders. That way recolouring something is as simple as passing a different number to the shader, vs. recolouring the texture in Photoshop or something.

It's quite simple, but adds a ton of depth to the game. Instead of every object or item of clothing having the exact same colour, it varies from each instance with minimal overhead.

So far 3 Bow's ( not including 2 carrying and 1 companion has ), 5 Staff's ( not including 2 companion carrying ), 4 Ax's, 1 Warhammer ( Comp 1 ), 5 Swords of Various types ( not including 1 carrying ). and a crap ton of Armor. and 2 shields ( 1 carrying ) All Magical

i think i have a problem

post-36462-0-42439900-1329886624_thumb.j

Is there any performance bonus (mostly load times) benefits from using Steam's workshop for Skyrim over the Nexus Mod Manager?

I have a ton of Nexus mods, all of which I've become fond of, I've noticed many of them have/are being reworked and release in the workshop. Worth the switch?

accidentially beat the main story line last night.

level 22

because i got the nightingale set at i think level 17 or something, im assuming im using the lowest version, is there anyway to get the higher version ( im assuming through console commands )

also because i only use bows, im guessing the Shrouded Armor ( assassins guild ) is the set i should use as it gives a + to bows?

*Edit* using the Assassins guild armor atm, got this mod to make the armor look decent though.

and got a Orcish bow that fills gems, so started using gems.

I think that some named armor sets, like the Nightingale set, levels with you. But to get the very best out of them you have to level crafting and put those buffs on the items.

Is there any performance bonus (mostly load times) benefits from using Steam's workshop for Skyrim over the Nexus Mod Manager?

I have a ton of Nexus mods, all of which I've become fond of, I've noticed many of them have/are being reworked and release in the workshop. Worth the switch?

No, it shouldn't make much of a difference if any.