It's still on preload for me, telling me that I need to wait until it's officially released! I'm in Korea, but that shouldn't matter. I have restarted Steam, but nothing. Any ideas?

EDIT: I just read that it won't unlock for Korea until the 12th! WTF? VPN!

EDIT: Actually, I don't want to risk mucking-up my Steam account. I guess I'll start Uncharted 3 today instead.

Played a bit when it unlocked last night on the PC.

Anyone else notice that with the mouse the mouse look is a bit odd, it looks left and right fine but if you try to look up and down it is a lot slower. Might have to jump into the config and see if X and Y sensitivity are set different.

5:03 AM, November 11th

Due to unforeseen bladder complications, I have been forced to take a break for the first time since starting over five hours prior. I am already experiencing what seem to be withdrawal symptoms, but I cannot be sure.

Since beginning the use of Skyrim, I seem to have put myself into an alternate universe - an imaginary land filled with elves, dragons, and magics. The experience has so far been positive, but occasional inconsistencies regularly throw me out and back into my own conscience. Another oddity is that I cannot seem to see my body when on Skyrim - my presence in the New World appears to be merely a set of arms.

I will now resume use of Skyrim and disembark once again on my journey.

Yeah, for those complaining about the mouse not working, it seemed to be the gamepad that was causing that for me. If I have my 360 controller in upon launching the game, it defaults to that and disables the mouse in-game. If I disable the controller in the game options, the mouse works fine and dandy. It would be nice if they left both working at the same time. I like to switch in games depending on what I am doing.

Why did you take a photo of your screen :) ?

I rage hard when people do that lol

Seriously I can't stand the ****ing combat. Either in first person or third person view, it's impossible to know whether you actually hit the enemy because there're no blood bleeding out and there's no hit markers.

If you can't tell you're hitting the enemy, maybe you shouldn't be playing... Seriously, do you play with the volume off?

Seriously I can't stand the ****ing combat. Either in first person or third person view, it's impossible to know whether you actually hit the enemy because there're no blood bleeding out and there's no hit markers.

:huh: there are lots of blood (blood splashes to the walls and all that) and the enemy body part bends when you hit them, and there are a lot of audio clues as well

I'm not a fan of the combat either. Hit somebody in the face with a sword and a hit sound plays. Where's the reaction to being stabbed in the face?

sigh... if that is true, the end is finally here. Consoles have killed the last bastion of good games.

Sorry consoles haven't done anything. If anyone, we should blame only the developers. They themselves are responsible for making their creations great or hopeless like most of the modern games.

Really annoyed by the fragility of playing as a mage. It's not like I expect to be able to stand there and take a lot of heat but I get 1-hit-killed CONSTANTLY with freaking Stoneflesh active on level 10 (expert difficulty). Gah.

Really annoyed by the fragility of playing as a mage. It's not like I expect to be able to stand there and take a lot of heat but I get 1-hit-killed CONSTANTLY with freaking Stoneflesh active on level 10 (expert difficulty). Gah.

lol, try a lower difficulty.

I have no problem with the difficulty. I do have a problem with the fact that a random mob in a cave 1 shots me while a dragon does not (and I've killed 5 dragons so far). Meh.

Also what they have done with the interface is just terrible. You see what magic is active on you through a freaking menu. I play on 2560x1440, I can handle more than 10 things on my screen when I'm looking at my inventory. I really hope modders will be able to fix this. Compared to this the Oblivion interface seems great (and I disliked that too). ****ing consoles.