That is quite the ironic statement, considering you pirated the game.

Except many stores in EU are already selling it (certain countries and Amazon also apparently shipped a bunch prematurely)

Except many stores in EU are already selling it (certain countries and Amazon also apparently shipped a bunch prematurely)

Ah, my mistake. Enjoy then.

That is quite the ironic statement, considering you pirated the game.

Research has shown that piracy helps the gaming industry more than it actually hinders, there are many people who have MW3 too and I bet most of those will buy the game too. Not ironic at all because I'll be buying Skyrim on the PC so shush.

MOAR MOAR GAMES!!!! i've bought so many lately i don't even know which ones i have yet to start playing. can't wait for Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday...

MOAR MOAR GAMES!!!! i've bought so many lately i don't even know which ones i have yet to start playing. can't wait for Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday...

I seriously don't get why people buy so many games "day one". There is no rush to get them. And I can't imagine why anyone would have so much time to play them all.

I seriously don't get why people buy so many games "day one". There is no rush to get them. And I can't imagine why anyone would have so much time to play them all.

weird thing yes, I have 5 games on queue, including MW3 campaign and AC:B (I want to finish it before AC:R) , and only time for Skyrim :wacko:

Been waiting five years for this game, loved Oblivion, my wife didn?t though, must have clocked up nearly a hundred hours on it?

..This does not bode well :p

Even if you have a copy from the stores you still cannot play a non pirate copy of the game as it requires Steam to unlock :/

I'm guessing the 360 version will validate via connect?

I do however connect daily to a Australian VPN so naturally by design this will unlock 12 hours early.

The end, 39 hours 47 minutes with 95% of quests completed, i dont know for sure because i cant see a game completion rating, level 33 of 50 cap.

Epic game, became a bit of a chore because of all the inane non-story quests but a major improvement over Oblivion.

I'd like to see the difference between 360 and ps3, just due to the odd size variance of installation. PS3 installation is around 8 gigs, 360 full installation is just around 3.6 gigs.

The textures are probably of higher quality on the PS3. It's the only thing I can think of.

Also, I'm so excited for Friday. :]

I'm still getting it for the Xbox 360, because of the priority on the DLC. And the fact that load times will probably be better too.

Been waiting five years for this game, loved Oblivion, my wife didn?t though, must have clocked up nearly a hundred hours on it?

..This does not bode well :p

Wait, what ?

I only heard of Skyrim last year, how did you hear about it in 2006 ?

I'd like to see the difference between 360 and ps3, just due to the odd size variance of installation. PS3 installation is around 8 gigs, 360 full installation is just around 3.6 gigs.

3.8GB on Xbox 360 and 5.5GB on PS3 to be exact.

Source: Lens Of Truth

The textures are probably of higher quality on the PS3. It's the only thing I can think of.

Actually, not really. The PS3 has a bigger requited installation, because the read speed of the blu-ray drives are ****.

The dvd-rom on the XBOX360 read data faster from the DVD, so it doesn't require to install as much.

Oblivion had better textures on the PS3, but I think in this day and age both will probably be the same.

Found this explanation:

Sandbox games are limited by RAM in consoles.

Far Cry 2 (~3gb), Just Cause 2 (~4gb), Burnout Paradise (~2.5gb), Borderlands (~3gb) Oblivion (~4GB).

The bigger game are full of FMV movies or are corridor walk streaming experiences.

And a lot of games are stuffed with DUPE files to hinder piracy/move files to outer(speedier) areas of DVD in case of X360, or in case of PS3 duplicate files for speed up loading (the less the laser jump the less BR disc has to spin up/down)

Video folder alone on MW3 is 1.5GB :s

Actually, not really. The PS3 has a bigger requited installation, because the read speed of the blu-ray drives are ****.

The dvd-rom on the XBOX360 read data faster from the DVD, so it doesn't require to install as much.

No, that doesn't explain this situation at all. PS3 has a required install of , how one user corrected my last post, 5.5gig install. The 360, has the option to do a full install, so that you don't have to use your disc at all, and that install is only about 3.8 gigs. That is a pretty big difference. It is either for multiple audio languages, uncompressed sound, or bigger textures. We have yet though to find this out.

And I doubt almost 2 extra gigs of "dummy" files are the reason.

No, that doesn't explain this situation at all. PS3 has a required install of , how one user corrected my last post, 5.5gig install. The 360, has the option to do a full install, so that you don't have to use your disc at all, and that install is only about 3.8 gigs. That is a pretty big difference. It is either for multiple audio languages, uncompressed sound, or bigger textures. We have yet though to find this out.

And I doubt almost 2 extra gigs of "dummy" files are the reason.

PS3 discs aren't region locked are they? I'd think that would be the reason...multiple languages, as you said.

'tis weird, but being generally a PC gamer I couldn't care less.

PS3 discs aren't region locked are they? I'd think that would be the reason...multiple languages, as you said.

'tis weird, but being generally a PC gamer I couldn't care less.

That's what I am thinking it is as well. But I wouldn't mind it having better textures either :p