Just as a warning to those that are talking about playing the game. Keep in mind the game has yet to be released and therefor if you are playing it you most likely pirated it.

Not against pirates just its against forum policy to talk about pirated stuff. So you might want to stop talking about it if you do not want warned/banned

Actually review copies have been out for about a week.

Also you are allowed to talk about the game as long as you dont say you pirated it and/or where to get it.

If in fact you did receive a Media/Review copy then, any complaints about quality (muddy textures and whatnot) that is your problem (also the leaked copy was a media copy) They already stated it is not a final build of the game, so it does not have finalized textures and whatnot.

I am excited to get my hands on it a week from today w00t

I think the game looks fantastic for a console game, the way the mist rolls off the mountains is spectacular. They've really nailed the atmospherics.

Really looking forward to this now. I'm not a huge gamer, and I'm very particular about the few games that I do play. I was never a fan of RPGs ... until I played Oblivion and I was utterly hooked on that game. Then the same on Fall Out 3, although not so much with New Vegas. I only play these sorts of games on a PC (trying hard to get into Red Dead Redemption on my 360, not working, I know I would love it if I could play it on a PC), utterly hate trying to use anything other than keyboard and mouse, and I'm also not a fan of third person view. Just my opinion, so please don't jump down my throat.

Anyway, hurry up with my pre-order.

Also, what is with the price of Skyrim on Steam? Over ?40, that's just mad. I picked up a boxed version for about ?25 online, much more sensibly priced. Surely digital delivery should be cheaper and easier than a retailer having to post it out to me?

Even though I hated Morrowind and Oblivion, I have still been keeping an eye on this game. I think the setting of the game is great, and the fact that they finally added dragons is what is keeping my interest.

My two biggest complaints about Oblivion were the full-retard leveling system, and the fact that combat had no "weight" to it. Enemies hit by your weapons didn't react at all until they died. And even then, the death animation was rarely congruent with the attack that killed them.

For those of you who are already playing the game (some how...), can you please talk about these two points? I haven't been able to tell if combat reactions have been improved by watching the videos. I also haven't been able to find anything in depth about leveling. I know they streamlined the skill sets and stuff, but did they still keep the over-complicated skill/character level relationship?

Oblivion's leveling system was actually my biggest turn off. I prefer to min/max characters when I play RPGs. But to do that in Oblivion, you had to do some wacky character building and forced-leveling that was completely not intuitive. Is it still like that in Skyrim?

Weapons have weight you dont just slash the air in front of you, light weapons are quick, heavy weapons are slow. Enemies react and get wounds depending on where you hit them, enemies also block and parry now so they can knock you back if you arent careful. You can also block and parry them, so you can shield bash them which knocks them staggering backwards or you can time a block with the shield to parry an enemies attack knocking the arm they hold the weapon in recoiling backwards.

Death animations to be honest i havent taken much notice of them but there are however VATS (fallout 3) style finishing move animations that are varied depending on what type of creature/humanoid you are attacking.

As for skill leveling you earn experience in skills by doing, so when you to sell things or you try and persuade/intimidate people your speech skill improves, or you hit things with swords and your one handed skill improves and can level up individually, once your character levels up you get points you can spend on perks. So for example i can go into speech skill and there are various different attributes to speech i can spend points on such as getting discounts, or being able to persuade/intimidate higher level characters and each attribute in each skill have multiple levels so Skyrim is FAR more in depth than Oblivion was.

If in fact you did receive a Media/Review copy then, any complaints about quality (muddy textures and whatnot) that is your problem (also the leaked copy was a media copy) They already stated it is not a final build of the game, so it does not have finalized textures and whatnot.

I am excited to get my hands on it a week from today w00t

With all respect, that's not true, the leaked version it's a final build of the game (just look all the unboxing videos from IGN etc etc) , they have all this wonderful game world crammed into 8GB, that's why, and IMHO PS3 and PC version will be affected as well, so may be we'll have to wait for a Hi-Res texture pack from a modder (PC only), or let's hope that PC version on high and ultra settings looks superb ;)

Just look at the iron gauntlets from the 1st person view :/ , they look muddy and the lack of detail is terrible.

And yes, Dragon encounters are orgasmic :woot: , and if you have a 5.1 setup the sound spacing is terrific, the Dragon flying circles around you (sound wise) is just amazing

I will not buy it until unpaid reviewers confirm that this game is OK.

No more situations like with Dragon Age 2 !

Refresh my memory please, what happened with DA2?

Refresh my memory please, what happened with DA2?

DA2 was overrated, shipped before finished, worst Bioware game ever, not worth it's price. I was big Bioware fan, now I'll wait with spending any cash on their games.

Yes, I know, Skyrim is made by "Badshi*sta", which made 6/10 games like Oblivion (worse than Morrowind in terms of RPG) or Fallout 3 (worse than Fallout 2) - a lot of stupid quests and stupid killing, no rpg. New Vegas, which was made by another studio, but on the same engine, was a lot better.

So like I said, I must see trustful, positive reviews after the game is launched, before I buy it.

Jeremy Soule nailed it again!! it's an awesome listening experience

Soule's music is soul stirring. I loved it in Oblivion.

DA2 was overrated, shipped before finished, worst Bioware game ever, not worth it's price. I was big Bioware fan, now I'll wait with spending any cash on their games.

Yes, I know, Skyrim is made by "Badshi*sta", which made 6/10 games like Oblivion (worse than Morrowind in terms of RPG) or Fallout 3 (worse than Fallout 2) - a lot of stupid quests and stupid killing, no rpg. New Vegas, which was made by another studio, but on the same engine, was a lot better.

So like I said, I must see trustful, positive reviews after the game is launched, before I buy it.

Ohh you can came to my house and take out my GF, she hates to watch me playing Oblivion and now Skyrim 5 hours straight :p

Ohh you can came to my house and take out my GF, she hates to watch me playing Oblivion and now Skyrim 5 hours straight :p

You play videogames 5 hours a night and still have a girlfriend? Are you a sorcerer?

• Like 2

This is true for almost all Bethesda games.

I don't think so, there were several interviews about morrowind vs oblivion and dumbing down with the devs. They mentioned there reverting some game elements back from Morrowind.

You play videogames 5 hours a night and still have a girlfriend? Are you a sorcerer?

A careful combination of giving up mi iPod for angry birds and where's my water + 1/4 Kg of ice cream + a new makeup set + the promise of Sunday trip to the city beach ;)

I play video games most of the time that I am home and I am Married and have a child to be born next month :p (so my gaming is most likely to slow down soon) However, my wife plays games as well w00t. I bought her the collectors of Zelda: Skyward Sword so she will be playing that later this month while i trudge through Skyrim (I will be playing on my PC) she can have the Big Screen in the living room for her game :p

I play video games most of the time that I am home and I am Married and have a child to be born next month :p (so my gaming is most likely to slow down soon) However, my wife plays games as well w00t. I bought her the collectors of Zelda: Skyward Sword so she will be playing that later this month while i trudge through Skyrim (I will be playing on my PC) she can have the Big Screen in the living room for her game :p

Oh yes! I forgot that one, I bought a pair of lips mics and the whole lips games collection, thanks to that she doesn't call it "that stupid Xbox" anymore :laugh:

Oh yes! I forgot that one, I bought a pair of lips mics and the whole lips games collection, thanks to that she doesn't call it "that stupid Xbox" anymore :laugh:

lol

My wife prior to getting pregnant kept bugging me to get a Kinect and Dance Central. Obviously not the case any longer.

Saw a post on reddit (don't have a link atm) that claimed the pirated copy was not ripped optimally, so the graphics suffered a hit as a result. Not sure how truthful it is, but it could account for some of the complaints - though I've heard it looks great regardless.