You play videogames 5 hours a night and still have a girlfriend? Are you a sorcerer?

they do exist. My gf drove from her house 3+ hours away to watch me buy Portal 2 and play it most of the day.

And I got laid.

Actually, not really. The PS3 has a bigger requited installation, because the read speed of the blu-ray drives are ****.

The dvd-rom on the XBOX360 read data faster from the DVD, so it doesn't require to install as much.

Just because BluRay reads at slower rate does not mean it is slower. It can read more bandwidth.

Blu-ray 4x: 144MBps / 18MB (BluRay Operating at 4x)

DVD 12x: 66 - 132Mbps / 8 - 16.2MB read speeds (DvD 12x is still slower than the 4x)

Just because BluRay reads at slower rate does not mean it is slower. It can read more bandwidth.

Blu-ray 4x: 144MBps / 18MB (BluRay Operating at 4x)

DVD 12x: 66 - 132Mbps / 8 - 16.2MB read speeds (DvD 12x is still slower than the 4x)

All well and dandy, but the PS3 has an 2x blu-ray drive.

Wait, what ?

I only heard of Skyrim last year, how did you hear about it in 2006 ?

I played Oblivion when it came out in 2006, at the time I thought it was a reasonable assumption that there would be a sequel, hence the five years ;)

Essentially just bought it for 15$. I did a friend a favour that cost me 15$, and gave him a low value tf2 hat, and got Skyrim pre ordered. Oh man... Staying up late so I can go to sleep and wake up just in time for the release. I don't care how non-standard waking up at 11 PM is.

Huzzah! My copy just arrived from Lovefilm (3rd game they've sent before the release date). Now I just need to find time to play it :pinch:

http://gamingbolt.com/skyrim-list-of-technical-issues-you-should-know

We have been receiving reports that the PS3 version has been freezing a lot, but is actually the superior version out of the two, due to better textures. Yes that?s right, if you have bought the PS3 version, you can be satisfied at the fact that it is indeed really well optimized when it comes to textures.

So we see now for the reason of the install size difference. Apparently though the game is freezing on both consoles, and having a few other issues as well. Hope it is all sorted out quickly.

I seriously don't get why people buy so many games "day one". There is no rush to get them. And I can't imagine why anyone would have so much time to play them all.

I can't imagine someone watching television for 4 hours a day, but I believe that the average American does.

http://gamingbolt.co...you-should-know

So we see now for the reason of the install size difference. Apparently though the game is freezing on both consoles, and having a few other issues as well. Hope it is all sorted out quickly.

hmmm that's so weird!! Bethesda had 8.5 GB available and only used 3.8GB, there's no excuse for those bad and low res textures....

hmmm that's so weird!! Bethesda had 8.5 GB available and only used 3.8GB, there's no excuse for those bad and low res textures....

Most likely it isn't all textures making that difference, but also audio. Bethesda did say they wanted it to be just 1 disc, and with 360's limitations on space, they have to cut back on somethings... but they could have for sure used more space on the 360 disc than what they did.

w00t i was approved to take tomorrow off as a vacation day :p going to be playing Skyrim all day long

Beware that there seems to be a bug in some situations with the 360 version displaying low-resolution textures when it has higher ones available, so take 360-PS3 comparisons with a grain of salt until there has been at least a few patches.

I've got both the 360 and PS3 version out on rent to decide which to play... I've got two 360s and the textures look completely different depending on which I play it on (same TV / settings), one looks quite poor and the other looks on-par with the PS3 version. The framerate and lighting is better on the 360 version though (imo) so I think I'll be going with the 360 version.

I have to work the next four nights (12 hour shifts) so that damn game box is going to be taunting me :angry:

Read the Shacknews review, really enjoyed how it was written. No score given but just from the tone you can figure out what they gave it. Can't wait to dive into this Monday...going to see if grandma can watch the little one for 3 days. :laugh: