I don't know. I enjoy the hype and the fact that it seems that DICE are proud of their product, but so far the only thing they are pimping is the new engine. I like good graphics, sure, but a fancy engine won't make me buy the game if the gameplay is ass. All this BEST ENGINE IN THE WORLD OMG COD SUCKS CUZ IT'S UGLY talk is starting to get on my nerves a bit.

So far, they've shown very little and at the same time they've said a lot of things about Battlefield 3 and the Call of Duty franchise. Either they're very confident about Battlefield 3 or they're concerned about competing against the upcoming Call of Duty game, Modern Warfare 3.

Although it may not sell as much as MW3 on consoles, I have a strong feeling it'll absolutely dominate on the PC. As for the gameplay, I'd be happy if it's an elegant balance between Battlefield 2 and Bad Company 2.

Yeah, that whole "us vs them" mentality is starting to wear a little thin, in my humble opinion. I've lost count of how many times somebody from DICE has made some sort of dismissive comment about Call of Duty. Obviously CoD is the juggernaut of the FPS world these days, and everybody loves to relish the role of the underdog, but I think that both games are different enough that they can co-exist peacefully. I played Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 simultaneously last year, and I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up doing the same thing with Battlefield 3 and whatever comes next from CoD (assuming that CoD manages to maintain the level of quality that we've seen thus far in its multiplayer).

Id agree with them innovating..

to be honest their gameplay and graphics are very different from MOH or COD..

and it has another feel to it. I like it. I really enjoy it.

And the BF3 Videos are showing some really nice animation realism. Now there is gameplay and GAMEPLAY.. the first one is how the player moves and controls. How the aim works and how the damage and such things like physics work. The latter is how the game plays through... Both are pretty important.

Ive been playing Crysis 2 for sometime now and the graphics, physics, gameplay(aim movements jump firing damage) its all SUPER!!! but the way the game plays as a whole is not brilliant like the rest of it.

Saw the video a few minutes ago. All I've got to say is :woot: !!!

I can't wait for this! I still need to get around to playing Bad Company 2! :p I've played the campaign for about 10-15 minutes and that's about it.

Oh... my... goodness. The last bit with the chopper gave me the chills. This game is going to be amazing! The full 12-minute reveal on April 12 should be good.

I agree with the innovating part. BF3 took a huge leap other PC FPS didn't. If anything MW2 took PC gaming Backwards rather than forward. I still can't get over the fact that I pad money for that ****.

i love the sounds!! :D:D

played them on my speakers at a very loud volume! :) it is really satisfying for some reason hahaha ^^

Yeah, I also loved the detailed sound effects. You could practically hear every bullet individually when he started firing the machine gun.

This looks really great! It really looks like they are giving the singleplayer a real go.

The one thing that bothers me is the hitmarkers. Especially in singleplayer, they really ruin the immersion.

Battlefield 3: The Gamer Changer. I don't even know how other studios will be able to compete. I mean it's really looking like BF3 will get us our money's worth! How can we justify $60 for another fps?

Does anyone have any more info on BF3: Limited Edition? I was thinking about pre-ordering it, but so far I can only find that it comes with the expansion (Back to Karkand) that only gives you extra maps and that's it.

And I'm not a big fan on purchasing map packs, mainly because there's not a lot of servers for them (or with them) on PC; which makes them useless.

i really hope the guns in multiplayer aren't as inaccurate as in that video they really need to fix that... it's terrible how all over the shots are even when zoomed in and scoped and the shots land at the edge of the scopes field of view (even someone shooting while having a panic attack doesn't shoot that bad... it's as if the barrel is made of rubber o___o) ....

I'd like to see some vehicle video as well, maybe the full 12 minute video will have it. In my mind, the vehicles made BF2, and if they are just as prominent in this game as they were in BF2, this game will rule for years...

I just cannot wait for this game.... so much so i will have to build a new pc in time for it (great excuse!!!) but the girlfriend doesnt think so unless i build her a new rig too :-p

Getting tired of all this singleplayer bullcrap - they must be hiding some amazing stuff from MP which they dont want to show us yet :(

This looks really great! It really looks like they are giving the singleplayer a real go.

The one thing that bothers me is the hitmarkers. Especially in singleplayer, they really ruin the immersion.

I dont see any other way around it - in battlefield 2 you would have these instances where you would see the impact when a bullet hit the enemy, blood/puff would come out - but the hit didnt really register due to lag or ****ty coding.

Only happens in multiplayer I suppose.

Id love to have the hit markers they have in Kane&Lynch 2 - whenever you hit someone the hitmarker is not in the middle, it is wherever you hit the enemy.

So if you hit the knee the little cross hitmarker will be on his/her knee and not just the middle of the screen.

i really hope the guns in multiplayer aren't as inaccurate as in that video they really need to fix that... it's terrible how all over the shots are even when zoomed in and scoped and the shots land at the edge of the scopes field of view (even someone shooting while having a panic attack doesn't shoot that bad... it's as if the barrel is made of rubber o___o) ....

The guy is spraying like it was call of duty, should be doing short bursts.