I am hoping that Punkbuster improves their anti-cheat technology or that DICE creates the ultimate anti-cheat otherwise the game will be done and over within a month once the cheaters get going.

Why? It's working just fine in BC2. Hackers aren't as rampant as they were in games like Modern Warfare 2. In the year since the game has been out I've seen maybe 2 real hackers.

Big rumor is that BF3 will be playable at Pax East exclusively to the EA Gun Club. So stoked for tomorrow!

Hopefully, that'll mean more Battlefield 3 footage. :)

Why? It's working just fine in BC2. Hackers aren't as rampant as they were in games like Modern Warfare 2. In the year since the game has been out I've seen maybe 2 real hackers.

I haven't run into a cheat yet. PB must be doing something right in BFBC2, cheating was much worse in BF2/2142.

Same. I always stick to PN enabled servers, but for this very reason. I can say I have not seen one cheater/hacker yet. I would say it is working.

Play on pbban servers then, all the bans are streamed to a central server which means get banned on one and you get banned on all the servers running pbbans. Works better than just regular punkbuster.

Well when i hear of 128 possible players i can only thing of total chaotic war. I would enjoy this. One thing people get angry about is when they play and get sniped from the middle of no where. Imagine this with a potential 64 enemys. (this also does not bother me)

I am hoping that Punkbuster improves their anti-cheat technology or that DICE creates the ultimate anti-cheat otherwise the game will be done and over within a month once the cheaters get going.

I've put in about 84.5 hours in Bad Company 2 and I never came across any hackers. To me, that's enough to trust PunkBuster in any MP game let alone Battlefield 3.

Not sure if this has been posted yet; 15 new, high-res Battlefield 3 screenshots - Battlefield 3

I've put in about 84.5 hours in Bad Company 2 and I never came across any hackers. To me, that's enough to trust PunkBuster in any MP game let alone Battlefield 3.
Put more hours in and you'll start to see them. I've got around 350hrs+ logged on BC2, and I've seen fewer than 10 hackers.

If the game CAN have 256 players, then at least give the OPTION to play that. Default can be 64, and warn "You are about to join a server with more than the recommended 64 player size." I don't understand why someone would be AGAINST it?

I've edited your post to make the embedded video widescreen. :p

Next time, use the "wyoutube" tags and add the string of text after the equal sign:

[wyoutube]Uiub1Hj2VRY[/wyoutube]

Anyway, thanks for posting the video. It's amazing.

If the game CAN have 256 players, then at least give the OPTION to play that. Default can be 64, and warn "You are about to join a server with more than the recommended 64 player size." I don't understand why someone would be AGAINST it?

It's not a matter of if it can have 256 players or not. It's about gameplay. If the game is way too chaotic with 256 players, then it won't be fun.

See here: http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/11/dice-256-player-battlefield-3-is-possible-but-not-fun/

CoD players are scared of options. Same reason for no Commander and 4 player classes.

I've edited your post to make the embedded video widescreen. :p

Next time, use the "wyoutube" tags and add the string of text after the equal sign:

[wyoutube]Uiub1Hj2VRY[/wyoutube]

Anyway, thanks for posting the video. It's amazing.

Thank you. :blush:

It's not a matter of if it can have 256 players or not. It's about gameplay. If the game is way too chaotic with 256 players, then it won't be fun.

See here: http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/11/dice-256-player-battlefield-3-is-possible-but-not-fun/

I get that but if there are people who WOULD enjoy 256, why not just let that be an option. No one HAS to play 256, they could just go to 64 player servers. I know a lot of people don't like 64 players so should the max player count be reduced to 48?

Can't wait :D

I think it's pretty chaotic with 32 players, I mean if anyone spots you, you almost instantly get a mortar strike and grenades thrown at you. With 64 it may be alright with very large maps, but 256 would be pretty bad in my opinion.

Same here, maybe one or two, and they might have just been really good.

Smelled like some type of "unknown" weapon was used.

Could have been a mortar strike, it makes the your view shake around if your close to one.

I get that but if there are people who WOULD enjoy 256, why not just let that be an option. No one HAS to play 256, they could just go to 64 player servers. I know a lot of people don't like 64 players so should the max player count be reduced to 48?

Unfortunately, they can't cater to everyone. My guess is they'll likely have three variations for maps, just like Battlefield 2: 16, 32, and 64.

Can't wait :D

I think it's pretty chaotic with 32 players, I mean if anyone spots you, you almost instantly get a mortar strike and grenades thrown at you. With 64 it may be alright with very large maps, but 256 would be pretty bad in my opinion.

[...]

Going from my experience with Battlefield 2, the chaos is more "controlled" thanks to the larger maps for 64 players. I imagine it would be pretty chaotic with 128 players, and even more so with 256 players.