Grrrr they could at least show the building destruction engine a few seconds more on that second video! :(

I belive the building itself dosn't collapse. Here's the final shot before it blurs out...

U2TdjmUD.jpg

I just found it weird to understand how easily the AT weapon rolled across the floor with such a large iron sight as that.

I know this is old as far as this thread goes but I'm glad they did an SP, I don't much care about MP since I like games that are story driven in the end. I'll simply play this for the SP and the great looking graphics, nothing else.

I know this is old as far as this thread goes but I'm glad they did an SP, I don't much care about MP since I like games that are story driven in the end. I'll simply play this for the SP and the great looking graphics, nothing else.

I think you'll be disappointed if you buy this just for SP.

The more I see footage of Battlefield 3, the less I want to play Bad Company 2. :(

Jees, what a terrible sniper.

I can't wait for a singleplayer without the full scripting of events. Natural situations will be great.

That's MP you're talking about. Without counting the MP trailers to be released, that are always scripted to try and show the most gameplay variations.

Jees, what a terrible sniper.

I can't wait for a singleplayer without the full scripting of events. Natural situations will be great.

Ghost recon 1

aahh, nostalgia

No I'm talking about single player. There aren't many singleplayer games which don't rely on boringly obvious triggers to start animations. I'd like to play one with fluid gameplay.

GTA for example has things happening independently of you being there or not. I understand that to drive certain scenes, especially ones which have cutscenes or rely on a certain conversation taking place that your 4 man team won't move past a certain point of cover until you get there. Even if you leave you player stood idle for 20 minutes, the other guys will still be silently waiting in the same spot.

I'd like to play a game where the universe didn't revolve, end and stop, start on cue with the player. A little realism aside from the graphical realism.

Did any of that make sense?

Looks like the SP campaign will have advanced hand-to-hand combat: http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/23/battlefield-3s-hand-to-hand-combat-shown-off-at-c2e2/

I said SP campaign because I highly doubt they'd add it to MP. Also, it looks like the console versions will feature scaled-down PC maps (with out of bounds areas, like BF2).

Has it been confirmed in MP or just SP?

It would be odd for them to confirm it for SP and not MP. Generally though, any confirmations are for both SP and MP unless otherwise specified. I imagine the hand-to-hand combat system will be SP-only. I can't see it being used in MP.

DICE: Shooter competitors are just ?treading water?

DICE?s Karl Magnus Troedsson has said competing shooter series like the Call of Duty series aren?t innovating, they?re just keeping their heads above water.

20110328bf3.jpg

?The competitors ? are out there, they?re established, and they?re very, very big,? the general manager told games.on.net.

?We believe that they are not innovating, that they are treading water,? he added.

?We ? are investing our time, our energy and money in actually innovating.?

Troedsson was dismissive of the idea that DICE should hold Battlefield 3 up for comparison with other series.

[...]

[source:VG247]

I agree that DICE did their part in innovating the FPS genre. They've created a powerful engine with amazing graphics and awesome destruction capabilities. And with that engine, they're going to make what may be the best PC FPS for the next 2 years. The Call of Duty franchise has been doing fairly well gameplay-wise, but it's sorely lacking in the visual department.

I don't know. I enjoy the hype and the fact that it seems that DICE are proud of their product, but so far the only thing they are pimping is the new engine. I like good graphics, sure, but a fancy engine won't make me buy the game if the gameplay is ass. All this BEST ENGINE IN THE WORLD OMG COD SUCKS CUZ IT'S UGLY talk is starting to get on my nerves a bit.