Graphic Request Thread

Question

kikflip_kid

Please pin this and post all requests graphic related here - be it internet banners, avatars, sigs - you name it, just post them here and i, or the helpful neowin grpahics team will hopefully get to it... :D

Thread title edited, this is not an "offcial" request thread and not the only one, people may still make request threads, otherwise they would get buried in here. Thanks for understanding

Edited by Blaise

Drov
Does anybody have a tutorial to make that glass effect like Dreamcaster has on his signature cause at the moment that seems to be the in thing with Graphics at the moment, if someone could give out the address to a cool tutorial for it that would be cool. If you don't know what I mean take a peek, hope you don't mind Dreamcaster using your signature as an example...bugger he has got it on random images, oh and if anyone has the PHP script for the randomization of the sigs that would also be cool! Hold on I will take a screenshot of it...here I have now attached, but if someone has a tutorial for it that would be cool. Photoshop 7.0, best.

JMann  :D

Note. Hope you don't mind Dreamcaster...

Here's a couple JMann:

Glassy 1 Tutorial

Glassy 2 Tutorial

Here's the thread where I got the glassy tutorials: Thread

I hope these help JMann.

chema

mark, yeah it's 95% complete, we just have to contact the author of the original skin to ask for permission :p

TheDogsBed
Does anybody have a tutorial to make that glass effect like Dreamcaster has on his signature

Here you go. I'll convert it to PDF as soon as I reinstall Acrobat - AGAIN!

In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a glossy/glass effect. The skills you will learn here will apply to many future projects.

Skill Level: Intermediate

Estimated Time to Complete: 10 Minutes.

gloss-complete-public.jpg

Create a new image (450x100) with Black Background (72dpi)

Create a new layer, and name it Base.

Using the Fill tool, fill the ?Base? layer with a dark blood red. I used #3C0404 in my example.

Set your foreground colour to #7C0B0B and your background colour to black.

Use Filter/Clouds from the menu.

clouds1.jpg

Create a new layer, name it ?Gloss?.

With the ?Gloss? layer active, use the pen tool to create a path similar to the one shown below, making any particular adjustments to suit your taste.

pen1.jpg

Once you are happy with the path, convert it to a selection. (Right click on the path area with and choose ?Make Selection?. Choose a Feather Radius of 0 and ?New Selection?.

select1.jpg

Set your foreground colour to white. Using the fill gradient tool, select the foreground to transparent gradient.

Starting from the top of your selection, fill the selection on the ?Gloss? layer. (Hold down SHIFT to get a straight line.)

gloss1.jpg

It isn't exact as I didn't want to spend too much time on copying someone elses sig. It's up to you to adjust the path to your requirements. This tutorial just illustrates the basics involved. Enjoy.

Enhancements:

Try adjusting the opacity of the gloss layer to get varying amounts of gloss.

Create an adjustment layer (Hue Saturation) on the 'Clouds' layer to recolour without affecting the gloss. From the menu: Layers/New Adjustment Layer/Hue Saturation. Make sure you have the clouds layer selected first!

If you need me to elaborate on the pen &Added:t, shout.

Added: For those who are too lazy or who just cannot get to grips with the pen, I created a shape from the path. Download it here.

Just apply the shape and fill it with the white to transparent gradient as described in the tutorial.

Edited by SniperX
DreamCaster
:blink: I see ...

Its just too bright, ill stick with this one.

Sorry mate, thanks for trying though

Here's one a little less bright. A simple adjustment of brightness/contrast ;)

post-31-1072804752.jpg

TheDogsBed

Photoshop Gloss tutorial now converted to PDF.

gloss-complete-public.jpg

Download Tutorial (285KB)

Download Photoshop Shape (In case previous post is deleted.) The shape cuts out the pen tool section for those who aren't quite proficient with the Photoshop pen tool yet. You can just apply the gradient to the shape, instead of making your own selection from a path.

The PDF file is digitally signed and edit-locked to help deter tampering and distribution.

Mods: Feel free to delete the entire previous tutorial post (or just images) to help preserve bandwidth.

Edited by SniperX
wing.

off topic:-i must say sniperX and DreamCaster ur sigs are amazing. ur are adobe(gods)masters :yes:

doing jack so any body wants a graphic then ask away :cool:

JMann

Well done, and cheers guys for the tuts I will check em out at somepoint.

Thanks,

JMann

JMann
Here's one a little less bright. A simple adjustment of brightness/contrast ;)

Hey Wings,

You said that you had ' jack ' to do, try remaking Exclusives one as you aren't really gonna get it looking any better, mayb an idea? (If you are bored.)

JMann :D

mark03

JMann, you bored? *hint* ;)

wing.

do u mean a total re-design????

+chorpeac

Hey sniperX, did you forget about me? Tekngn.net, banner graphic? If your not interested let me know.

JMann
do u mean a total re-design????

Upto you that one, :p . You can either redo it on the same idea, (the Matrix) or you can change it to something else, might be an idea if you are going to change the theme of the sig to ask Exclusive via PM what the theme should be changed too? :D Oh guys, I had a shot at the glass effect and I think I am going to have to get some more practice in, below if what my result was, top left. Hehe, that was crap. I will try Snipers tut later on tommorow, I suspect that might be better, cheers for the tuts though, especially SniperX as we had a little disagreement a while ago :blush: but thats cool now I think. Well Done and thanks SniperX.

hehe, What rubish! :laugh: :laugh: Shocking! :o (Look below)

post-31-1072818861.gif

wing.

i will go with a re-design

JMann

Me again, just wondering if this was anygood and if anybody wants it for there signature as they are welcome to it, as it was one of my many 'throw-outs' as I call them. Hehe, regarding my image above I cannot even see the supposed 'glass effect!' hehe. Hilarious! :huh:

JMann

* Note, I saved it in the wrong format, a better format would get rid of those little light streaks. Just so you know.

post-31-1072819209.gif

JMann
i will go with a re-design

Cool dude, well done. I look forward to the finished result.

DBJdesigns

Hello,

I would like an avartar and sig, bot saying "DBJ"

And make it DJ style. And put like turntables in the Backround

Thanks,

Doctorbluj

wing.

ok this is what i have dun does he want a avatar made??

post-31-1072820183.jpg

mark03

how do you upload graphics? :s

wing.

ok docterbluj :whistle:

post-31-1072821225.jpg

mark03

can't believe you used the same turntable as me wing :p

mine is crap, i know, but it's only like my 3rd graphic ever

post-31-1072821484.jpg

+chorpeac

Hey I am looking for a web banner that would fit a 1024 wide setup. I would like it to be kind of techno, and have boxes in it like jMann or wings signature.

The website name is tekngn.net pronounced tech engine.

Slogan: powering the digital world.

I would like it have any of these colors: Navy, dark orange, brown, grey, red, silver. Those would just be my color choices. You can do as much or as little of this as you want.

Anyone interested? I will include credit to the picture if it is used. Thanks!

Edited by chorpeac
wing.

well it would be good if the people tht wanted these sigs would respond so i can make changes

DBJdesigns

SWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: