There is a new driver available for AMD graphics card owners today that prepares for two big releases happening this week: easily the biggest game launch of the season, Cyberpunk 2077, and AMD's own RX 6900 XT graphics card.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.12.1 driver is what you will need if you're one of the lucky few that will be picking up an RX 6900 XT, the most powerful graphics card AMD is offering, for now, in its new RX 6000 series GPUs. The card's official launch is happening today.
Meanwhile, CD Projekt RED's Cyberpunk 2077 launches on December 10, and this is the driver that's recommended to all AMD graphics card owners if they are looking into exploring Night City. Unfortunately, no specific details were released today regarding what changes or performance uplifts does the support bring.
Here are the fixed issues included in this release, which include good news for HP Reverb G2 VR headset owners especially:
- Gaming applications can sometimes get stuck running at lower than expected graphics clocks on Radeon RX 6800 series graphics products.
- The HP Reverb G2 VR headset may fail to sync or may have a black screen when run with Radeon RX 6800 series graphics products.
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege may experience corruption in Hybrid Graphics scenarios when using the Vulkan API on an extended display.
- Crossfire™ may experience issues when attempting to change the games resolution to a 16:9 ratio.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon™ RX 5700 series graphics products.
The known issues are as follows:
- Brightness flickering may intermittently occur in some games when Radeon™ FreeSync is enabled, and the game is set to use borderless fullscreen.
- Some displays such as the Sceptre C series or Samsung™ Odyssey G9 series may experience an intermittent black screen on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- The Samsung™ Odyssey G9 C49G95T may experience display or corruption issues when set to 5120x1440@240hz.
- Metro Exodus™, Shadow of the Tomb Raider™, Battlefield™ V and Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare may experience intermittent application crashes with DirectX® Raytracing enabled.
- Anisotropic Filtering in Radeon™ Software graphics settings is not taking effect in DirectX®9 applications on RDNA graphics products.
- Some games may experience stuttering when set to borderless fullscreen and an extended display is connected running the Netflix™ windows store application on RDNA graphics products.
- Radeon™ recording and streaming features may fail to enable on AMD Radeon™ HD 7800 series graphics products.
- Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
- Oculus Link users may experience intermittent crashes on Polaris and Vega series graphics products.
- Screen flickering might be observed when using MSI Afterburner.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.12.1 is now available for download as an optional driver in the Radeon Software app. Separate download links can be found on the driver's official release notes page.