The second AMD graphics driver of the month landed today, updating the software suite to version 21.9.2 of the Radeon Software. The update is all focused on adding support for three more soon-releasing titles: Diablo II: Resurrected, New World, and World War Z: Aftermath.
Launching on September 23, the Diablo II remaster has heavy gains in the performance department with this driver. According to AMD's testing with a RX 6700XT, the title will achieve a 13% performance boost with the latest driver when playing at 4K using the Very High preset.
While World War Z: Aftermath (September 21) and New World (September 28) didn't get their driver performance benefits detailed, it is a recommended install for the duo as well.
The fixed issues of this drier are as follows:
- In Radeon™ Software, the CPU Additional Metrics section within the Performance tab may be missing for some users.
- Some users may receive a compatibility error message when they attempt to load a previously saved tuning profile.
- While playing Hitman™ 3 on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT, users may experience an issue where water along the shores becomes missing.
- The Auto Overclock feature for CPU in Radeon™ Software may be missing for some users with an AMD Ryzen™ 5000 series processor and AMD Radeon™ 6000 series graphics card.
Here are the known issues to keep an eye out for:
- Open Broadcaster Software™ may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.
- Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics.
- AMD Radeon™ Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX® 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
- Playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ for an extended period may lead to a driver timeout or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 optional driver can now be downloaded via the Radeon Settings app on Windows or the links on the official release notes page. Official support for Windows 11 (including early builds) landed with the 21.9.1 driver last week, which means this latest release is fully supported for Microsoft's latest operating system as well.