FileZilla Server is an FTP server that supports FTP and FTP over SSL/TLS. FTP over SSL/TLS provides secure encrypted connections to the server. FileZilla supports SSL, the same level of encryption supported by your web browser, to protect your data. When using SSL your data is encrypted so that prying eyes cannot see it, and your confidential information is protected. It also supports on-the-fly data compression, which can improve the transfer rates. Unfortunately, the compression setting can have mixed results, so it is advised to use it with care. It is possible for files that are already compressed to be transferred over the network using more than their original data size.
Bugfixes and minor changes in version 0.9.60:
- TLS certificates generated by FileZilla Server now use a random serial number
- Global speed limits now fluctuate less, unused quota during each timeslice is now carried over instead of discarded
- Shared directories for groups with the auto-create flag are now created before the user's home directory is accessed
- Updated OpenSSL to 1.0.2k
- Building FileZilla Server now requires libfilezilla 0.9.0 or greater