Intel has released a new integrated graphics (GPU) driver bumping the version up to 184.108.40.20629. The driver is compatible with 6th, 7th, and 8th generation processors as well as some older Pentium, Celeron or Xeon CPUs with Intel HD Graphics 500 or better and comes with game optimizations.
According to the release highlights, this driver update has playability improvements for World of
Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth with Intel UHD Graphics 620 or better. As for new features, these are listed below:
- Playability improvements for World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth
- Visual improvements on Dell* High Dynamic Range (HDR) displays
- Security fixes and improvements
There are also a couple of fixes that plagued the older version of the driver:
- Intermittent crashes or hangs may occur in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided* and World of Warcraft* (DirectX 12* Version)
- Graphics anomalies may appear in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (DX12)
And finally, here are the known issues:
- Minor Graphics anomalies may be observed in Rise of the Tomb Raider* (DirectX* 12), Monster Hunter: World*, Stonehearth*, and other games
- Steam* overlay may not work in Dota 2* when running in Vulkan* mode
- Intermittent crashes or hangs may occur in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare*, Unravel 2* and other games
Intel also recommends that people keep their drivers up to date with the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, as a side note, the assistant will never recommend updates for custom Intel drivers that were installed by device manufacturers such as Dell or HP.