The team behind LineageOS has been working hard on improvements to the fledgling Android platform. Like previous weeks, the firm has announced a comprehensive update on what has been improved, what devices have been added, and also what will be needed going forward.
LineageOS has been improved with new features being added to the latest builds. The detailed list of which can be seen below.
- Support for more than 2 cameras in Snap (#154734)
- Settings > Accounts not showing accounts has been fixed (#162969)
- The work required to maintain CMFM is substantial, and on review, it was a better investment of time to change managers. The AOSP file manager (with some added extras) is its replacement (nuke_cmfm)
- Automatic Do Not Disturb rules are fixed, so you don’t get pestered during the night or in meetings (#162968)
- Dual SIM UI improvements in Dialer for DSDA devices (#161227)
- Our download page built-in changelog now supports a frequently asked for feature: filtering out “Automatic translation imports” (#162852)
Adding to the already immense roster of devices, LineageOS will now be available for the following devices: 14.1 for the LG G3 and Samsung Galaxy S III, and 13.0 for the LeEco LeMax2 and Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. As for moving the project forward, the team is looking for talented translators to begin translations of the OS into different languages. You can assist by clicking the source link below.