ATI has released a new OpenGL driver library to correct issues with Soldier Of Fortune 2: Double Helix. On levels where snow/fog effects are displayed the screen would display a blue tint.
To use the update:
1. Ensure that you using one of the following display drivers:
- Windows 98/ME - display driver version 4.13.9031
- Windows 2000 - display driver version 5.13.01.6071
- Windows XP - display driver version 184.108.40.20671
2. Obtain and install the appropriate OpenGL component update.
When downloaded simply run the included installer.It is interesting that the new version is 220.127.116.1140
compared to 18.104.22.16864
which was delivered with the original 6071 driver set. As speculated for quite some time ATI is working on a new driver set that will improve performance by rumoured 5-10 percent. The huge leap in version numbers could be a little indicator for some progression in driver development.
News source: Warp2search