At the ongoing HMD Global and Nokia event at Mobile World Congress 2017, the company has announced that the Nokia 6 smartphone will be launched in global markets in the near future.
The smartphone, which was launched in China in December will retail at about 229 euros and will be launched in the second quarter of the year. According to HMD Global, the Nokia 6 will feature pure Android and will benefit from monthly security updates and timely platform updates.
The specifications of the Nokia 6 should remain unchanged, with the exception of the international Android build. These specs are as follows:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 wth X6 LTE modem
- 5.5-inch hybrid in-cell display with Full HD (1920x1080px) resolution and 2.5D Corning Glass
- Display polarizer layer to improve screen clarity in direct sunlight
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB onboard storage
- 16MP rear camera with phase detection auto-focus, LED flash and f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dual-amplifiers with 6dB louder volume than a regular amp
- Dolby Atmos support for "powerful, moving audio"
- Android 7.0 Nougat
In addition to the standard variant, HMD Global has also announced The Art Special Edition of the Nokia 6, which features a high gloss black color and will be priced at 299 euros.