Password Tech is a powerful password generator capable of generating large amounts of cryptographically-secure passwords, pronounceable passwords, pattern-based passwords, passphrases composed of words, and scripted passwords. Passwords can be stored in encrypted databases along with user names, URLs, notes, etc. Password Tech provides lots of options to customize passwords to the users' various needs, and individual scripting with Lua gives full control over the process of password generation. Text encryption is also supported.
- Password generation based on a cryptographically secure pseudo-random number generator (combination of SHA-256 and AES or ChaCha20)
- Entropy gathering by collecting volatile system parameters and measuring time intervals between user keystrokes, mouse movements, and mouse clicks
- Password manager functionality through databases encrypted with a master password, containing passwords associated with a title, user name, URL, etc.
- Generation of pass phrases composed of words from a word list
- Pattern-based password generation (formatted passwords) provides nearly endless possibilities to customize passwords to the user’s needs
- Scripting functionality (Lua) with a programming interface to PwTech allows full control over password generation
- Generation of phonetic (pronounceable) passwords based on language-specific trigram (3-letter) frequencies
- Numerous password options for various purposes
- Generation of large amounts of passwords at once
- “Password hasher” functionality
- Secure text encryption (AES with 256-bit key)
- Multilingual support
- Full Unicode Support
- Runs on Microsoft Windows versions beginning with XP, including Vista, 7, 8, and 10 (32/64-bit)
Password Tech 3.4.3 changelog:
- Password manager: Filter entries that will expire soon ("soon" can be specified in the configuration); these entries are marked by a warning triangle symbol in the list view
- Password manager: Open database as read-only via File | Open As Read-only
- Configuration | Database: New parameters "Warn if database contains entries that will expire soon" and "Number of days" to specify the term "soon"
- Password option "Capitalize first letter of each word"
Changes & Improvements
- Configuration | Database: Parameters "Clear clipboard on minimize" and "Clear clipboard on exit" replaced with single parameter "Clear clipboard when closing/locking database" ("Database" sheet)
- List of advanced password options (checkboxes) rearranged
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware