WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.17.8 changelog:
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1h.
- Allow using Windows Store apps aliases as terminals (particularly Windows Terminal). 1901
- Limiting error report and message search URLs to 4 KB, as larger URLs fail to open in some browsers.
- SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.74.
- Bug fix: Session.CompareDirectories handles incorrectly files with names containing reserved XML characters. 1897
- Bug fix: Keep local directory up to date extension fails if error occurs before session URL is parsed.
- Bug fix: SFTP uploads started over already disconnected session do not reconnect automatically. 1913
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware