F1 World Championship 2013 Thread

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Williams F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Caterham F1 Team
    • Marrusia F1 Team
  2. 2. Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Felipe Massa
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Paul Di Resta
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Charles Pic
    • Giedo Van Der Garde
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton

According to Autosport, it was not Alonso's call. I don't think he was overly reckless either, he simply understeered into the back of Seb's car, an easy thing to do with cold tyres and breaks. Leaving him out though was clearly a mistake

Source

Did everyone leave their brain at the starting line? So many screw ups by drivers & teams this race. From Alonso not stopping for a new nose, Hamilton trying to stop in the McLaren pits and Vettel ignoring team orders. It was a crazy race thats for sure.

Webber, mr. mediocrity himself, should just keep his foul mouth closed. He ignored teamorders back in silverstone 2011. Also remember interlagos 2012, when he was basically racing for alonso and against Vettel.

Vettel clearly eying title number 4 this year and ofc. He will play all tricks to achieve it. Thats only legitimate. All multiple champs are a bit disputed. Schu didnt win 7 by being mr. Nice guy.

Biggest loser today. Alonso. I said it before this race that this year its his last chance. He has got a great car but his driving is no good at all.

Massa beats him since 4 qualifyings and leads him point wise too.amazing driver very strong mentally.

Bianchi surprised me a lot at Malaysia, towards the end he was doing quite acceptable laps in his Marussia.

his fastest lap was 1:42.423, and towards the end he was quite consistant with his laptimes, except when lapped, and kept himself around 1:43 - sub 1:43

Why Alonso didnt stop? Because of him or Team?

According to omnicorse (very reliable source) ferrari called alonso in for nose change but he ignored the call even after seen the damage on the big screen. Now the team ofc. defends him publically but they also quote an insider with "the trust is forever gone."

Alonso drives really bad this year. Massa is faster and vettel seems to grow up and get more independent of redbull. Also the last days it came out that the rumor of a contract till 2016 is false. Coincidence? Well maybe, but i think more that alonsos time at ferrari is up. Vettel teamed up with newey after malaysia. He has him on his side. They both will go to ferrari soon imho.

They wont go to Ferrari, can you really see two a*sholes like Vettel and Alonso getting along in a team that has a clear number 1 and number 2 setup.

It's only been two races, how can you say Alonso drives really bad, he had a crap car last year and was in a chance of championship.

They wont go to Ferrari, can you really see two a*sholes like Vettel and Alonso getting along in a team that has a clear number 1 and number 2 setup.

It's only been two races, how can you say Alonso drives really bad, he had a crap car last year and was in a chance of championship.

What mclaren2 is insinuating is that Vettel will eventually replace the oh so horrible driver Alonso at Ferrari. Which is rubbish and not going to happen anytime soon.

Very interesting race, Vettle wants his 4th and isn't going to let anything stop him.

Mercedes showing some real pace, I'm sure fuel was an issue for them last year as well, really need to get ontop of that both Ham and Ros could have challenged the leaders I'm sure, especially if Ham hadn't gone in the wrong pit, my mate who has Sky said Ted Kravits pegged it at about a 6sec delay.

Hats off to Ros for holding position, I hope Mercedes pay him back later in the season.

Alonso, what an idiot...nothing much else to say on that.

Why o why does it always happen to Button, he must have one of the highest failed pit stop count of anyone, but good to see more pace from Mclaren than in Aus.

and what on earth was going on at Force India!

still hopefully the 3 week break will give them some development and cooling off time to sort their various issues out.

According to omnicorse (very reliable source) ferrari called alonso in for nose change but he ignored the call even after seen the damage on the big screen. Now the team ofc. defends him publically but they also quote an insider with "the trust is forever gone."

Please, just stop with the anti Alonso BS and get your facts straight, Ferrari have openly admitted that it was their call. The drivers can't even see most of the front wing from their position so Alonso had no way of knowing how bad the damage to his wing was, which makes the idea that he made the call illogical. What's far more likely is that Ferrari told him to stay out because they were hoping to do the wing change when he pitted for slicks which would have cost far less time

Please, just stop with the anti Alonso BS and get your facts straight, Ferrari have openly admitted that it was their call. The drivers can't even see most of the front wing from their position so Alonso had no way of knowing how bad the damage to his wing was, which makes the idea that he made the call illogical. What's far more likely is that Ferrari told him to stay out because they were hoping to do the wing change when he pitted for slicks which would have cost far less time

well the fact that ferrari protects alonso in public doesn't contradict what i reported via omnicorse. also there are a lot of BIG walls where drivers can see their own cars and often have a look, i could bring lots of quotes of drivers saying they saw this and that on the big wall while in the car.

frontwing-damage means pitstop for change or blackflagged. i have no clue why this is so difficult to understand even for the hardcore-alonso freaks. look at schuey in australia 2010, he had also front wing damage, track was damp/wet and hey he even had the safetycar out still team forced him in, knowing if they dont, he will get black flagged.

i was shocked to see alonso staying out. really if this frontwing dissolves and goes into another car or driver helmet ... well i dont wanna know what we would hear then.

and lets see some points now:

2013:

vettel 40

alonso 18

redbull 66

ferrari 40

2012:

alonso 35

vettel 18

redbull 42

ferrari 35

so you see while redbull made a good step forward and vettel clearly aiming title number 4 (which would be double alonsos achievements!) also ferrari has more points this year than last year. but not alonso. alonso is driving very bad so far and underperforming.

only in your and briatores eyes it looks different but yeah.. they call alonso maybe samurai but they call vettel the WORLD CHAMPION :laugh: :D

bild just writes that webber wont get a new contract for next year. not a reliable source but lets see...

You can't really compare the performance of the cars after two races, otherwise the Lotus would be godlike when we know it isn't ;)

I don't know what has got into Alonso at the beginning of this season, but he really isn't doing too well, that might turn around after this break but who knows, maybe Massa's getting to him ;)

well the fact that ferrari protects alonso in public doesn't contradict what i reported via omnicorse. also there are a lot of BIG walls where drivers can see their own cars and often have a look, i could bring lots of quotes of drivers saying they saw this and that on the big wall while in the car.

Yes, because staring into a wall to inspect damage in minute detail whilst travelling at 200 MPH and cornering at 5G is SOOOOOO easy :rofl:

frontwing-damage means pitstop for change or blackflagged. i have no clue why this is so difficult to understand even for the hardcore-alonso freaks. look at schuey in australia 2010, he had also front wing damage, track was damp/wet and hey he even had the safetycar out still team forced him in, knowing if they dont, he will get black flagged.

No it doesn't. The FIA make the judgement call of what constitutes an unsafe car, not the teams. I've been following F1 for a long time, and I can assure you that I understand it perfectly well. And apparently unlike you I follow it for more reasons than to blindly hate upon one driver due to my blind fan loyalty towards another. I don't even like Ferrari, I'm just sick of your boring rants and misinformation.

• Like 3

And apparently unlike you I follow it for more reasons than to blindly hate upon one driver due to my blind fan loyalty towards another. I don't even like Ferrari, I'm just sick of your boring rants and misinformation.

to each his own!!! i, for example, find your signature utter ridiculous and you know they say its virtual penis enlargement, will i rant over it? absolutely not!

will i strike back when continously insulted and attacked? of course i will!

to each his own!!! i, for example, find your signature utter ridiculous and you know they say its virtual penis enlargement, will i rant over it? absolutely not!

You know the saying "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"? If I had that Romney quote in my signature, I'd be following that advice right now...

You know the saying "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"? If I had that Romney quote in my signature, I'd be following that advice right now...

uh what? i have only a simple quote in my sig.... not prolling arround with my x64 120GB ram super-hyper-mega-giga system.

I don't give a flying fig. This is a tech forum, I ask tech questions and it's easier to put the hardware I use in my signature than to repeatedly post it. And besides "to each his own" doesn't apply when you're simply wrong. The team said it was their call, so stop talking out of your rear end and provide some actual evidence that they're lying.

:laugh:

• Like 1

uh what? i have only a simple quote in my sig.... not prolling arround with my x64 120GB ram super-hyper-mega-giga system.

...you do realise this is a technology forum, right? It's pretty standard for users to have their computer specs in their signature. Like Javik said, it helps when posting for help (no need to repeatedly post it for each different problem). And as for your "simple quote", that could easily be seen as "utter ridiculous". Americans knew full well what Romney was, and that was why they voted Obama in November; the only people portraying him as someone he wasn't were Republicans and his campaign people.

Now, back to Formula 1...

post-151617-0-45913900-1364420847.jpg

PicNews130326.jpg

:laugh:

I don't think it matters what crap Seb pulls, he's never going to get serious punishment for it. If it goes beyond a pocket change fine I'd be massively surprised. I never really liked him but until this incident I had some respect for him. Now I just think he's a complete asshat. He's becoming more and more like Schumacher with each passing day.

I don't think it matters what crap Seb pulls, he's never going to get serious punishment for it. If it goes beyond a pocket change fine I'd be massively surprised. I never really liked him but until this incident I had some respect for him. Now I just think he's a complete asshat. He's becoming more and more like Schumacher with each passing day.

Could not agree more! (Y) Schumacher got to where he is in the history books partially by being a complete asshat. It's that win at all costs, take no prisoners mentality that Vettel shares with him.

• Like 2

I actually feel somewhat sorry for the team. They can't be seen to tolerate such behaviour but on the other hand Seb is in such a position of power that they can't do much. In an odd way it's good for the fans as it adds a bit of spice and interest but I wouldn't want to be in the team right now, it's going to harm them most in the long run.

Perhaps Formula 1 teams need to learn from Alex Ferguson. He's always had the policy that no player should be bigger than the team, and it's worked for him.

well you don't become the best by being nice and friendly. that way you end up being a barrichello or coulthard. if you wanna be the best, you have to push the limits and move the limits. i like winner types like armstrong, schuey, and super-mitt. vettel is becoming more like schuey ofc. he will be even more hated and disputed after his 4th title.

people also hate bill gates. why? because he is successfull. i find it very poor to demote winner-types. we don't live in communism do we?!

According to me Vettel has allready surpassed Schumacher by a long shot.

In the 25 years i've been closely following F1 i've never seen anything like Vettel. He should never have become worldchampion, let alone 3 times. Marko has his fingers in this so deep that F1 is starting to look like a circus.

I don't have a favorite driver at the moment so i'm not biased towards him. There are at least 5-6 better drivers in the current championship. Many F1 legends don't name Vettel as one of the great drivers because he mostly only performs when he has a way better car than the rest of the pack and his buddy Webber is being held down.

What he did last race was the most cowardice move i've ever seen. Webber bested him all weekend and then he stabs him in the back and kicks him in the face.

well you don't become the best by being nice and friendly. that way you end up being a barrichello or coulthard. if you wanna be the best, you have to push the limits and move the limits. i like winner types like armstrong, schuey, and super-mitt. vettel is becoming more like schuey ofc. he will be even more hated and disputed after his 4th title.

people also hate bill gates. why? because he is successfull. i find it very poor to demote winner-types. we don't live in communism do we?!

You mean you admire cheats and liars?

Vettel and Webber: "Row is settled"

I appreciate that they need to settle things internally, but it sure looks a helluva lot like Webber was bang on the money with his "Seb will have protection" comment.

Also, a side-note about mclaren2's "winner types" that he likes - Armstrong (doped, denied it until unable to deny any longer, ruined his reputation, Schumacher (stopping on the grid in qually to take pole, driving into another car in 94 then AGAIN in 97 to win the championship) and Romney (LOST the election) aren't exactly your best examples for "winner types". They're not disliked because they're successful (impossible for Romney since he wasn't even that), they're disliked because the way they went about it either broke the rules (doping) or broke a very simple moral rule (don't deliberately crash into someone else - it's dangerous). There's nothing wrong with not "being nice and friendly" but when you break the rules or start being dangerous there's definitely something wrong with that.

• Like 1