Photo

F1 World Championship 2013 Thread

official formula 1 2013 championship season 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
974 replies to this topic

Poll: F1 World Championship 2013 Thread (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#106 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,452 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 28 February 2013 - 13:07

Let than an hour to go until the first 3D coverage of F1 starts. I'm really interested to see how well the 3D effect works.

#107 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,740 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 15:29

Blooming rain ruined any decent 3D action. It does look really good with the cars coming down the main straight.
Also the highlights from earlier were really good, some of the slow motion shots :o

#108 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,452 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 28 February 2013 - 15:33

The 3D is pretty interesting but I still wouldn't want to watch an entire race in it. Maybe it will be worth it when 4K / Ultra-HD comes around and it can be done without glasses but I prefer a decent 2D image.

#109 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Neowinian Senior

• 16,438 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 01 March 2013 - 19:22

The last free cockpit has been filled: Sutil to make F1 comeback with Force India

Still some action going on though...

Bianchi takes Razia’s place at Marussia for 2013

Jules Bianchi will race for Marussia this year, the team has announced.

The French driver, who missed out on taking the second Force India seat yesterday, will replace Luiz Razia at the team.

Team principal John Booth confirmed Razia’s contract with the team has been “terminated” just 23 days after it was announced he would drive for them.

“We have found ourselves in a situation where we have had to terminate our contract with Luiz Razia.” said Booth.

“Having made clear the basis on which we must operate in 2013, and given the steps we had taken to put that new structure in place, we had no alternative but to remain true to the principles which we had identified as being key to securing our long-term future.”

Bianchi said: “Racing in Formula One this season has been my goal over the winter and after evaluating a number of options I am very excited to have this opportunity to demonstrate that I am ready for this next step in my racing career.

“I am also very grateful to the Ferrari Driver Academy that has always supported me and has given me the possibility to mature as a racing driver enabling me to be fully prepared for this new exciting challenge.

“The next two weeks of preparation for the season will be incredibly busy but I am ready to get started tomorrow with my first day in the MR02.”

Booth added: “Jules is a proven talent who is highly regarded within the Paddock. He has been on a clear trajectory towards Formula 1 and has achieved some impressive performances through the various feeder formulae, notably his 2012 season in Formula Renault 3.5 when he was also Reserve Driver for Force India.

“He is part of the Ferrari Driver Academy and his obvious pedigree put him on the radar for a number of teams over the winter as a driver ready to step up to Formula One.”

#110 OP Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• 5,715 posts
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 07 March 2013 - 14:35

Here's your 2013 Helmet roster, from Left to Right

Alonso, Bianchi, Bottas, Button, Chilton, Van de Garde
Grosjean, Gutierrez, Hamilton, Hulkenberg, Maldonado, Massa
Perez, Pic, Raikkonen, Di Resta, Ricciardo, Rosberg
Sutil, Vergne, Webber, Vettel, Vettel, Vettel (The last two are others from 2012).

Posted Image

#111 +da00

da00

Kappa

• 1,645 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 07 March 2013 - 14:37

Sutil, Vergne, Webber, Vettel, Vettel, Vettel (The last two are others from 2012).

Posted Image

Gutierrez helmet looks like something Marcus Eriksson should be using.

#112 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 23,523 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 07 March 2013 - 14:39

Chasethebase: Isn't it time to add the poll to the topic?

#113 OP Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• 5,715 posts
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 07 March 2013 - 15:00

Chasethebase: Isn't it time to add the poll to the topic?

Oui I would say so :)

#114 +Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

devoted fan of the us-armed forces

• 3,099 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:34

Posted Image

very modern, young designs. all of them.

my vote goes to redbull and alonso. if the latter one doesnt make it this year it will be considered a HUGE FAILURE!!!

#115 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 23,523 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:41

I've voted for Mercedes GP as WCC and Nico Rosberg as WDC. Yes I know, test times were inconclusive and all - at the end of the day the Mercedes still looks like the most complete package on the grid.

It's going to be one hell of a close season though, with at least five teams (Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Lotus) being able to fight for the title.

#116 +da00

da00

Kappa

• 1,645 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:56

Im going for a wild bet on Romain..

#117 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 23,523 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:58

Im going for a wild bet on Romain..

There's a bigger chance of Alain Prost returning to F1 and winning a fifth title than for Grosjean to win the WDC. Sure, he's fast. He's also too chaotic - see also: Most of last season.

#118 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,740 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:03

That is a very brave move voting Mercedes. While they looked good, they pretty much confirmed they were running lighter than everyone else. Plus it is a long season and if their car falls behind it might up like last years and not really improve over the season.

If what McLaren say is true and their car is good base for improvement unlike last year, then they could be within a shout, especially if it is to Buttons liking.

Lotus, i think will be similar to last year, maybe a couple more podiums and another win. I also expect Grosjean to be a lot stronger.

Ferrari, i think will be quicker this year. I still don't think their car will be an outright title contender.

Red Bull, i think they were sanbagging at testing or they have very good poker faces :laugh: - i think they'll be stronger at the start of this season unlike last year.

#119 +Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

devoted fan of the us-armed forces

• 3,099 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:24

There's a bigger chance of Alain Prost returning to F1 and winning a fifth title than for Grosjean to win the WDC. Sure, he's fast. He's also too chaotic - see also: Most of last season.

i think drivers can improve and change also their driving style. the fact that grosjean is already very fast but erratic means for me just that there is a big chance he ll be even better when not doing any mistakes anymore.
i remember everyone bashing massa all 2006 long how erratic he was and therefore never would win any wdc just to be proven completely wrong 2 years later, when only technical problems prevented him from beating a certain lewis hamilton.

#120 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 9,731 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:41

Maldonado 2013 F1 WDC