What was the last movie you watched? (2013 Edition)

I watched it originally in 2D. Got the 3D blu-ray last year and took all this time to get round to watching it.

Made me not completely regret my purchase of a 3D TV :laugh:

Best thing i've seen in 3D since Sky Sports Darts coverage :laugh:

Well the last one I watched was "A Haunted House". Absolutely stupid. Almost turned it off a few times, but figured I might as well finish it. 1/5

Just before that I watched "Dredd" in 3D. Was pretty good. 4/5

Cosmopolis_poster+2.jpg

7/10

Expected more. I love Cronemberg.

It's a excellent adaptation from the book, everything is spot on. However this does not translate as well since what it feels like stoicism and detachment in the book feels like numbness in the movie. However the style and the dialogs are well preserved and executed.

Django UnChained - 7.5/10

Zero Dark Thirty - 7/10

The Words - 6.5/10

Silver Lining Playbook - 9/10 ~ Jennifer Lawrence was awesome in this movie!

ORmIBQOl.jpg

Gangster Squad

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie, especially the fighting scenes at the end. Overall, a solid 8.9/10!

Zero Dark Thirty - 7.5/10.

I thought it was good, just thought it was too long.

Yeah I got really bored half way through, felt like walking out the cinema :/

Watched the documentary Sound City last night. I had preordered it for $10, so got the DRM free digital download once it was released this past Thursday I think it was.

MV5BMTc4MjkyODg4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTk1NjM4OA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

9/10

Very good documentary about the making of Rock N Roll music. Very well done all around.

Oh, I also went to go see Mama in the theaters on Thursday night. I was in San Jose CA on a business related trip, could not sleep due to the time difference, so decided to go on my own and check out a movie in the theater.

MV5BMTM5MjIwNDAwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQyOTY0OA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

3/10

What a really bad movie. Bad thing is it had some genuinely good, creepy moments, but the parts that people were literally LOL'ing when they were not supposed to be doing so ruined the whole flick. It tried way to hard to be serious and just came off as being a joke. The ending was about as cliche of a horror movie ending as one can get as well. Avoid at all costs.

Bully - 4/5

Tough to watch this as a human being, but even tougher as a parent. Sad to see the actions of kids can result in an 11 year old killing themselves. I know everyone has their own views on suicide but at such a young age I feel like it could have been prevented. Very emotional movie/docu to watch, I'd almost even be on board with this been shown in school as a requirement.

Silver Linings Playbook - 4.5

Watched this one after watching Bully because I didnt want to goto bed being depressed. Really enjoyed this movie and was shocked at Cooper's performance (as I dont think Ive seen him in a serious role prior to this). Jennifer Lawrence was also great.. also being an Eagles fan it was great to see those parts in the movie.

Highly recommend both movies.