What was the last movie you watched? (2015 Edition)

Kingsman-The-Secret-Service-Posters-Coli

I wont spoil it since its officially not released yet, but...

10/10 - A fantastic spy movie that doesn't take itself to seriously.
10/10 for the church scene alone.

• Like 1

Coherence (2013)

7/10

Interesting movie about parallel universes. Be ready to grad a notebook and not miss any little details. Movie is not perfect as it relies too much on little details and mutiple viewing to really understand what is going on but it's still interesting to watch and read about it afterward. I'm not a fan of in your face movies where everything is explained but i think this movie went a little bit too far and relied too much on small details that you can esily miss if you are not 100% focus from the 1st to last minute of the movie.

kingsman

I wont spoil it since its officially not released yet, but...

10/10 - A fantastic spy movie that doesn't take itself to seriously.

10/10 for the church scene alone.

well that good. i am looking forward to the movie. 

John wick 6/10 Cool actions scenes, not much of a story.

yeah, i liked it, and will watch the sequel, but i don't understand people who give it 10/10...   there was not much there.  definitely a good movie. but as you say, there is not much there.

I watched John Wick two nights ago. AMAZING. Keanu did a fantastic job.

Other notable films of the past month

Predestination (superb)

Interstellar (bit too long, ok story, nice 3D representation of time, beautifilly filmed)

Big Hero 6 (great fun, Disney are doing better than Pixar these days)

The Equalizer (great great fun)

Edge of Tomorrow (solid sci-fi film, Cruise is doing great recently, this and Oblivion are really good fims)

Nightcrawler (amazing!)

The Imitation Game (really enjoyable, solid film)

The Theory of Everything (excellent acting although the story has been told many times so gets a little boring now, not much different to the 2004 Hawking with Cumberbatch)

• Like 1

Just finished watching "John Wick". Awesome movie!! with Keanu Reeves. 11/10.

Hell yeah! I loved every second of John Wick. People say Keanu is a wooden actor but I felt he acted more in the first 20 minutes of that film than most. You could see and feel the loneliness in him. Then that love overwhelmed with revenge. His dark side coming back from where he had buried it all those years ago. Then the action. OH MY GOD! The fight scenes, gun scenes and editing were just epic. Just a little over the top but not so much that it feels stupid. I loved the more Asian feeling to the fighting and cuts rather than the Hollywood style. they felt very fluid and real. Much more like a Jackie Chan fight than a Stallone for example. I hope they do another with the John Wick character. Keanu was superb.

Edge of Tomorrow: 8/10

Reminds me of the plot from Moon 7/10

John Wick: 10/10

Needs two more films, minimum.

lots of action but little actual plot 6/10

47 Ronin: 8/10

Lots of action scenes but thin on reality,chewing gum for the eyes 5/10

Predestination an interesting concept with a plot twist right near the end 8/10

c07a26fe9677987d4ac224b78a7b2066.png

• Like 2

I Origins (2014)

7/10

Interesting movie about beliefs. The is considered as a sci-fi movie but it's not really one. It is really a movie about beliefs versus science and how someone who believes in nothing can be lead to believe because deep down this is what he wants.

The death scene in the movie is really puzzling.

The Imitation Game - 8/10 - Decent and enjoyable

Birdman - 9.5/10 - Awesome. Crazy, unexpected, a bit all over the place (hence the .5 knockdown) but a rollercoaster I enjoyed. Fantastic movie.

41WZGRYWG8L.jpg

A Boy and His Dog

For those that might not know, this was an inspiration for the Fallout game series.

I really enjoyed it. I could certainly see things that Fallout took from it. And that ending was brilliant...

I went from being all teary-eyed to laughing out loud.

Definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

3.5/5

• Like 3

post-4583-0-53658500-1423699165.jpg

Brilliant, well-shot documentary about Snowden (plus The Guardian reporters involved) and filmed alongside him as the leaks were released to the media worldwide, well worth a watch just to see his reasoning behind the mass surveillance disclosures in 2013.

9/10, only because I wanted more.

• Like 2

220px-Redline_%282009_film%29_poster.jpg

10/10 Loved it and very awesome art style I'd love to see more

I recommend Tailenders, artwork is quite similar and the story in some places. I've been fortunate to see REDLINE on the big screen three times; every time it was euphorically awesome with the techno soundtrack thumping out around me. Never a dull moment (Y)

I recommend Tailenders, artwork is quite similar and the story in some places. I've been fortunate to see REDLINE on the big screen three times; every time it was euphorically awesome with the techno soundtrack thumping out around me. Never a dull moment (Y)

Awesome! thanks for the recommendation!

children-of-men.jpg

6-9/10 I can't decide. Holy ###### what a movie. I thought Stanley Kubrick came back to life.

• Like 1

know anywhere to watch that online? I can't find it on netflix, vudu or mgo.