What are you playing?

Completed Days Gone on PC, great game, great story line as well. Been playing Resident Evil Village, but am currently stuck in the factory and can not figure out how to get out...

1 hour ago, margrave said:

Resident Evil Village on Stadia

Finishedon Stadia: FFXV, Cyberpunk 2077, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and Jedi Fallen Order

Still working on in Stadia: Doom Eternal, Borderlands 3, Elder Scrolls Online, Strange Brigade.

Also still leveling a character in WoW TBC Classic.

Nice.  How's Cyberpunk on there?  I already own it on Steam unfortunately, would love to play in 4K but that ship has sailed.

Might still get it for XSX once I see a decent sale.

4 hours ago, Emn1ty said:

I've been slow rolling it, doing every side quest because I didn't really play with any of the dlc in the games.

I did all the dlc stuff to since I never had. Took a while. 

Finished ME:A and wish they would have had dlcs and a second game. They gave up on it easy to soon and was not as bad as people made it seem. No followup made things hanging with no resolution. Like the benefactor, quarians, and what happens with the kett. 

Mario

2 hours ago, techbeck said:

Finished ME:A and wish they would have had dlcs and a second game. They gave up on it easy to soon and was not as bad as people made it seem. No followup made things hanging with no resolution. Like the benefactor, quarians, and what happens with the kett. 

Yeah, it was really unfortunate that the game ended the way it did. Andromeda had a lot of potential and because of all the meme'ing about it Bioware abandoned it.

5 hours ago, techbeck said:

I'm with you, I think ME:A gets hated on too much.   I'd like for them to do a sequel, the best thing would be if ME4 and tie directly into ME:A some way and we can get a future ME:A sequel out of it.

As far as what I'm playing, after messing around with Madden 21 for a bit, I'm playing Celeste.   It's good to change things up every now and then.   It's leaked that evil within 2 is hitting game pass soon, so that'll be my next game.

I started Shadowrun Returns yesterday. I've had it in my library for years but never got round to it. I'd played Shadowrun Hong Kong and enjoyed it, and Shadowrun Returns is much the same but a different story and set in Berlin instead. It hits all the marks for me, and is a wonderful translation of a tabletop RPG to a video game. If you have played the XCOM series the fighting is much the same, with a round for the human followed by a round for the AI, Action Points and cover systems.

The soundtrack is great as well. A very cool cyberpunk style. But that does bring up the slight downside: no voiceovers. I don't mind games that don't have voiceovers - Sunless Sea is another one that comes to mind - but that means that there is a lot of reading to do.

3 minutes ago, Xenon said:

Control. 

Already completed.  Basically looking for anything new since the start of the year I may have missed.  Looking at nier replicant reviews now but just not sure about how long the game is. I  like games that are basically single player and do not end in the blink of an eye.

7 hours ago, techbeck said:

If anyone is looking for a good bundle and has not played the last few Assassins Creed games on XBOX, you get Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla for $56.  Was $160 but on sale currently.

I'm actually playing through Origins at the moment. 

Whilst the games are still ones that I enjoy playing, I'm disappointed that they'e moved away from being more stealthy. Loved the setting of Origins though.

Scarlet Nexus has some really bizarre boss fights but the combat is great overall.

I don't know if I've seen everything but some unexpected combos there.

Overall I love the game except the boss fights are a little strange.

Right on. 😀

• 3 weeks later...

Finally picked up a 4K OLED TV so jumping between a few games testing out the visuals. 

Played a few hours of FH4 over the last few days and there's a BR mode (I think) called Eliminator which is super addictive! Counting down the days until Flight Simulator drops on Xbox. Two weeks and counting!

• 2 weeks later...

Switched things up a little and started playing Flight Simulator on Xbox. A little bumpy to start off with and the loading takes a while but it's very pretty. A huge technical showcase.

Looking forward to getting some actual flights under my belt.

Finally started playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Picked up a few DLC's as well.

Enjoying it so far.

I finally caved in and got a ps5 because I could not get that gaming experience on my PC. (Exact reason I will not buy Xbox unless my PC die - and the new cards cost does not come down)

Anyway - I am loving the cheese of the new spiderman 

I am also feeling that my 5 year old TV might not exactly match the expectation. It is surely 4k. Yes. But I cannot even get HDR to work ... Though I managed to get it to work with One S before when I had it for a couple of weeks.

Long story short. I am out of job and don't want to spend much money. I also want a TV to match PS5 capacity.

Suggestions???

Assuming Vizio is in Canada the current gen M series is pretty decent (has some stupidity occasionally, like needing to change the HDMI setting from Auto to 2.1 to get everything working properly on Xbox Series, but the quality, features and cost are good.)

I just loaded up Descenders just for the hell of it and man, when you're in the mood for it it's entertaining.  There's not that much to it but still.

It's been years since I've been so consistent at playing a game. I'm really late to the party but for about the last month and a half I've been immersed in the new Hitman series, a series I've always been aware of but sort of ignored. Replayability is through the roof. 

I'm normally a narrative first sort of gamer, the story has to interest me. TBH I find the story to be pretty weak but the possibilities through gameplay are brillaint. The world has a great sense of humor too.

7 Days to Die, for being in Alpha still the gameplay and mechanics are still very good.