What are you playing?

George P

Finished the second Control expansion, AWE, it wasn't too long but still fun.  I really like the gameplay for control in general.  Wish there was more coming but it looks like we could finally get a Alan Wake 2, OR, even better, a AW and Control crossover game.

SnoopZ
46 minutes ago, George P said:

Finished the second Control expansion, AWE, it wasn't too long but still fun.  I really like the gameplay for control in general.  Wish there was more coming but it looks like we could finally get a Alan Wake 2, OR, even better, a AW and Control crossover game.

Xbox or PC?

George P
24 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Xbox or PC?

PC.

+E.Worm Jimmy
3 hours ago, George P said:

I loved Alan Wake but I just could not get into Control as all. Maybe I am getting older (as I play less and less games nowadays and to be honest only Witcher 2,3 and and PS4 exclusives such as Unchanged and Last of Us made me really interested and involved..

But the fact that I did love Uncharted 4 and Witcher 3 showed me that the games can still be amazing - it's just that I don't like average stories anymore and I expect a story worthy of a movie with the great gameplay.

Maybe that is why for casual escapism I liked all the TellTale games. I want an interactive story. Witcher was the only game that was actually challenging, that I liked.

I used to be fan of point and click rather then hardcore shooters.. though I loved fighting games too.

All the call of duty games that came out in last 10 years - I tried to like them but just could not do it and get bored.

I do have great hopes for Cyberpunk that comes out for my birthday - as something that will get me enjoying games again

• Like 2

George P

Started playing Far Cry 5 last night, only 1hr in but it's what I've come to expect from the series.

Brandon H

Finally picked up the Batman Telltale series games recently. Finished the first game a couple weeks ago and absolutely loved it. I'm about to start episode 2 of Enemy Within now.

• Like 1

+Biscuits Brown

I've been logging some hours in Flight Simulator 2020. Currently working on crosswind landings.

techbeck
On 08/09/2020 at 11:41, Brandon H said:

Finally picked up the Batman Telltale series games recently. Finished the first game a couple weeks ago and absolutely loved it. I'm about to start episode 2 of Enemy Within now.

I played all of those.  Good series and I enjoyed those as well.

On 08/09/2020 at 10:06, George P said:

Started playing Far Cry 5 last night, only 1hr in but it's what I've come to expect from the series.

Make sure you play New Dawn as well.  I also enjoyed Primal.

• 4 weeks later...
+E.Worm Jimmy

MAFIA - DEFINITIVE EDITION.

fantastic game, i played the original at the release, but it did not age well.    mafia 2 was not great and mafia 3 was a buggy dissapointment all around.

however, after positive reviews i have bought the Mafia 1 remake, and DAMN, i am having a lot of fun again. love it. the gameplay is dated, the cover mechanics are minimal and gun play does not improve, but the story and the graphics and the city and the general vibe of the game - DAMN,  i am totally happy to pay for it.  

great game remake, that almost makes up for Hangar 13 next "failures" LOL -   looking forward what they can produce next - they clearly have NOT lost the passion to make a great experience!

+jnelsoninjax

I've restarted The Witcher 3 GOTY, and really enjoying it, can't wait for RTX patch!

+E.Worm Jimmy
6 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I've restarted The Witcher 3 GOTY, and really enjoying it, can't wait for RTX patch!

which skill tree are  you focusing, i had no patience for alchemy (i tried),  then i have beat the game with combat focus, and then with sign focus  - both are much easier to keep up with, while i enjoyed the story.

SnoopZ
8 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I tried playing this on my PS4 Pro but the load times killed it for me, so I'm waiting until the PS5 turns up to enjoy the goodness.

Nick H.
9 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I started it, but I don't think I was really prepared for the hours needed to progress. I've just started rewatching the Netflix series though and now I've got an itch to give it another go. It's just a pity that my PS4 is in a different country to me at the moment. :laugh:

+spikey_richie

Minecraft Dungeons, and I have downloaded the KH series on Game Pass to give that a bash, as I've never played the KH series.

George P

I finished Far Cry 5, ughh that ending.  Now I jumped into Ace Combat 7, long time Ace Combat fan growing up.  I had started playing this before FC5 actually but left it to the side for a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
George P

Working through my backlog, finished Datksiders and started darksiders 2. Waiting for cyberpunk. 

• Like 1

+E.Worm Jimmy

Detroit Become Human.

First go was on PS4 - this time on PC

I love the interactive dramas like that.

I tried to play differently then the last time and managed to see some new parts of the story 

Still it was hard and some parts of the story played out exactly the same ;) as I was just selecting the choices that felt right to me.

Amazing experience though that I could not put down this weekend. (note I love interactive dramas more then hardcore gameplay - and I used to love point and click games before - so story matters more to me then anything else)

+spikey_richie

XB: Slayaway Camp, Forza 7, few other game pass bits

Mobile: Solitarica & Genshin Impact (which is massive!)

George P

Finished Darksiders 2, though there's some bonus dlc story stuff I haven't done yet but the core main game is done.  Installing Darksiders 3 as I type this.

• Like 1

Brandon H

Started a new playthrough of Life is Strange recently. I love how the game does a good job of covering mental health and a bunch of other things while still being a fun story experience.

dipsylalapo
On 30/10/2020 at 14:51, Brandon H said:

Started a new playthrough of Life is Strange recently. I love how the game does a good job of covering mental health and a bunch of other things while still being a fun story experience.

Yeah I really enjoyed the game. Wasn't the best graphically but had a decent story.

Started playing Watch Dogs 2 again and I don't know....The driving in this game is terrible which can make moving around the game a pain. I feel the camera had a mind of it's own. 

Actual stealth/hacking gameplay is solid. Love that you're just tossed into a situation and you can tackle it in a number of ways. Story is meh.

George P

Finished Darksiders 3, hope a 4th is on the way so we can see how this whole story arc ends.   The delay in cyberpunk has me looking at something else to play now, but I don't want a long game again.  Might play through some of these smaller indie titles I have.

• Like 1

+E.Worm Jimmy
6 hours ago, George P said:

Finished Darksiders 3, hope a 4th is on the way so we can see how this whole story arc ends.   The delay in cyberpunk has me looking at something else to play now, but I don't want a long game again.  Might play through some of these smaller indie titles I have.

because of the delay of cyberpunk, i decided to finally try Red Dead Redemption 2....  big mistake... LOL...  

I MUST NOT SPEND THE HOURS ON IT, I RESERVED THEM FOR CYBERPUNK... or so i keep saying to myself.   why why why did i try it...

EDIT: I am also trying  C&C and Red Alert Remaster - i use to LOVE those games soo soo very much, but they are doing nothing for me now.   honestly, i might need more paitience to get into the control and gameplay again, this is not a casual pickup fun i was hope it would be. 

George P
16 minutes ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

because of the delay of cyberpunk, i decided to finally try Red Dead Redemption 2....  big mistake... LOL...  

I MUST NOT SPEND THE HOURS ON IT, I RESERVED THEM FOR CYBERPUNK... or so i keep saying to myself.   why why why did i try it...

EDIT: I am also trying  C&C and Red Alert Remaster - i use to LOVE those games soo soo very much, but they are doing nothing for me now.   honestly, i might need more paitience to get into the control and gameplay again, this is not a casual pickup fun i was hope it would be. 

I keep hearing that about RDR2, it's hours lost not doing much, from what I gather.

SnoopZ
10 hours ago, George P said:

I keep hearing that about RDR2, it's hours lost not doing much, from what I gather.

I think that game has a love hate relationship, alot of people can't get enough and for others like myself i found it far too slow, so after a year of trying to get into it  i gave up and sold it.