What are you playing?

20 minutes ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Got both Valhalla and Immortals:Fenix Rising and I had a lot of fun in Fenix over the weekend. 

I have read all reviews and thought that I would like Valhalla better at it is less childish  - but no - apparently I like Zelda / I meant Fenix more. I only played Valhalla for 2 hours.

Some of the vaults are annoying but combat is pretty fun. I think I am about 10 hours in and plenty to do. And juvenile narration is kind of fun sometimes ;)

Was it worth buying both games at full price - not sure -  maybe not - but it is a decent Zelda replacement for the PC - and judging by previous Creeds - both games willl keep the price for a while.

Only regret - not buying for PS4 because I wanted better graphics and keyboard and mouse.  - however for PS4 I could have sold both games after I was done and while they still cost a lot.

I played Valhalla for 260hrs on PS5 and loved it, I also have Fenix and will try that after I've completed Control.

11 hours ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Was it worth buying both games at full price - not sure -  maybe not - but it is a decent Zelda replacement for the PC - and judging by previous Creeds - both games willl keep the price for a while.

I got AC:V full price.  Was a fun game and still play a little now and then.  New DLC coming this month so looking forward to that.

Immortals:Fenix Rising is %50 off on XBOX now.  May grab that in a few.   Something to play in between DLCs for other games I am waiting for.

11 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

I played Valhalla for 260hrs on PS5 and loved it, I also have Fenix and will try that after I've completed Control.

AC:V was/is fun.  I put about just as many hours into it. Maybe a little more.  Looking  forward to AC Japan.  I just enjoy the series.

I tried to play NBA 2k21 but I just couldn't, they've made these too much of a sim than what I grew up with.  I ditched it and started yakouza 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Immortals:Fenix Rising was fun.  Got the available DLC and playing that now.  But the main game was fun, the commentary kinda funny, but some of the vaults were a PITA so I skipped over them.

Completed Arkham City over the weekend and picked up another game that I was part way through, Ace Combat 7.

It's amazing how much variety they can create for a fairly simple concept. Really enjoying the game so far.

I think I'm around 75% done with Yakuza 3, going to play the Evil Within after this before I swing back to Yakuza 4.  I think it's best to split it up and play something else and not do the whole series back to back.

I still play Quake Champions (almost) every day to blow off steam but I am sick and tired of all the cheating and Bethesda's refusal to deal with it.

On 05/10/2015 at 13:38, DConnell said:

Oh yeah, and Berzerk!

berzerk.thumb.png.5c4217be770d726f40acad

So many hours of my childhood spent on Berzerk! Thanks for the good memories.

44 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

I still play Quake Champions (almost) every day to blow off steam but I am sick and tired of all the cheating and Bethesda's refusal to deal with it.

Saw this pic in another thread

byemIT7.png

relevant!

Quake Champions, in early access since 2017.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steven P. said:

Saw this pic in another thread

byemIT7.png

relevant!

Quake Champions, in early access since 2017.

hahaha - so true,   i cannot believe so many people buy early access - i tried it, and it is just not worth it, i would rather wait and see the final reviews, and then pay more.

same reason i stopped using Kickstarter, as originally it was 75% success, but now it is a freaking gamble. they final product is either delayed for years and by that time someone in china makes a similar version for much cheaper. or it is just not the product they originally described at all.

no more falling for this crap.

image.png.8cf3415ac28def5f98f690e7dd591a2e.png

I've been replaying Civilization II, yes Civ II, lately. What better use for my Ryzen 5 3600, and GTX 1660?

• Haha 3

Started playing the evil within, finished the first 2 chapters before I took a break.   Gonna dive back in later tonight.

6 hours ago, techbeck said:

Replaying Witcher 3. Been a while and never play the expansions

Expansions stories are fantastic

Finished the evil within, waiting for MS to put the sequel up on game pass at some point.  I was planning to play Yakuza 4 next but I kind of feel like something else, don't know yet.

1 hour ago, George P said:

Finished the evil within, waiting for MS to put the sequel up on game pass at some point.  I was planning to play Yakuza 4 next but I kind of feel like something else, don't know yet.

I've tried this and that in that series but finally decided since I probably wasn't going to finish any of them anyway I'd just work on Kiwami 2 and go from there.

Outriders is pretty much excellent.  I wasn't really expecting a unique and polished property that feels influenced by so many things without being a copy of any of it.

After that...?  I have no idea, hoping XSX shipments start showing up in the US again sometime before 2025.  ;)

14 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Gone back to God of War 2018 and trying to get platinum now it's 4K60 on PS5.

i still have ps4pro collecting dusk and i only did like 20% of that game before i stopped playing.  i stopped and could not get back to it after a few month break, so if i play again, i would have to start from scratch, because even after 4 months i forgot all controls and how to play - open world is very different from previous GOWs where i can start from any place at any time, and it just seemed to work.  gameplay is very different.

On 08/04/2021 at 05:24, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Expansions stories are fantastic

As are the mods, you can completely change the gameplay with mods!

14 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

As are the mods, you can completely change the gameplay with mods!

I never tried mods at all - did not even think about it.  and i did the full game with both expansions twice - most time i EVER spent in the game since i was a teenager with patience and sega genesis - i think i spent 100s of hours on Sonic games - which i later beat in under 10 hours in my 30s LOL  - but as a kid i just could not beat the later levels.

anyways - what exactly do mods do?

37 minutes ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

i still have ps4pro collecting dusk and i only did like 20% of that game before i stopped playing.  i stopped and could not get back to it after a few month break, so if i play again, i would have to start from scratch, because even after 4 months i forgot all controls and how to play - open world is very different from previous GOWs where i can start from any place at any time, and it just seemed to work.  gameplay is very different.

I last played and completed the story in 2019 and I thought I would struggle with the controls but after 30mins or so it all fell into place and this morning I have managed to kill 5 of the 8 Valkyries which I found too hard before, maybe 60fps makes all the difference.