What are you playing?

7 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Managed to get through Arkham Knight last week, just before Cyberpunk turned up. 

Arkham Knight - Really enjoyable, I was a little sceptical how the larger world would work coming from the first two games, but they did a great job. Will dip back into it every now and then to try and get 100% on it.

It's a good game but the Riddler driving stuff is just meh, IMO.    I'd much rather they managed to make a real open world Gotham with the common folk still going about their daily lives instead of the whole "lets empty the city out" bit.  It made things less interesting from that point of view.    Once you get into Cyberpunk you'll understand how they could've kept Gotham more real with actual NPCs instead of just the same random goons for you to beat on.

16 hours ago, Brandon H said:

I don't own Among Us currently but I'd totally be willing to pick it up to play with you guys some time :)

That would be cool! I need to see if anyone else around here has the game or would get it. I just remembered that Neowin has a Discord channel, so I've signed in and I'll ask around, maybe create a thread in the gamer's hangout as well.

EDIT: I've also done a test, and it is cross-platform (PC, mobile). The mobile version is free although ad-based, but if people weren't sure if they wanted to pay for it they could try the mobile version. Since it's mostly a touch-based game it would be a level playing field.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I "finished" Cyberpunk 2077, waiting for DLC now, almost 120hrs spent in game.      I wonder what they're going to do with story dlc with how things play out, has me interested.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Civilization VI with all the expansions and DLC. I don't have evenings anymore. The natural disasters and climate change are a great addition to the gameplay, and I absolutely love how the fog of war and uncharted territories look!

3 hours ago, SidVicious said:

It's to refresh my memory.

you mean you will play the remake after?   I wish i had the time... or not, not sure that replaying such a long game is worth my time.  i like to keep my replays to a manageable 3-6 hours on weekends, when i need to relax, and the ONLY long game I replayed fully was Witcher series.   Though  if Mass Effect has the effect (LOL) on you that Witcher had on me, then I understand.

I think I am able to dedicate about 4-6 hours a week to gaming nowadays - I gave my all in Cyberpunk - 40 hours in one weekend, and I was severely disappointed with the result.

4 hours ago, SidVicious said:

It's to refresh my memory.

I am waiting until the remake myself.  Some improvements are being made where you can actually keep the same look for your character throughout the series.  Each game has a pretty good length to it as well so not sure I have the time for multiple play thrus. 

9 hours ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

you mean you will play the remake after?   I wish i had the time... or not, not sure that replaying such a long game is worth my time.  i like to keep my replays to a manageable 3-6 hours on weekends, when i need to relax, and the ONLY long game I replayed fully was Witcher series.   Though  if Mass Effect has the effect (LOL) on you that Witcher had on me, then I understand.

I think I am able to dedicate about 4-6 hours a week to gaming nowadays - I gave my all in Cyberpunk - 40 hours in one weekend, and I was severely disappointed with the result.

I play everyday after work and during the weekends.
I'm not married and I don't have any kids. I enjoy my freedom.

I think I'm halfway through yakuza kiwami 2,  going to switch to some other game after that and then go back to play yakuza 3.

On 18/02/2021 at 06:01, SidVicious said:

I play everyday after work and during the weekends.
I'm not married and I don't have any kids. I enjoy my freedom.

must be nice. i also don't have kids or wife, but i have a lot of stuff for career and now that i am past 40 and have no plans for retirement and covid has killed off my extra income, i am working 2 jobs, to keep my house.

i hope in a few months, i will improve my financial situation so i can relax and immerse myself in gaming again when i feel like it.  I also dedicate a lot of time to fitness, as an office worker in front of PC all day long, i realized i need to spend hours a week exercising, as my health did NOT improve during covid, LOL  - and i want to get back at least to the level where I was in 2019, as the minimum

though i hope a game that i want to spend the whole weekend will come out soon.    last ones were Witcher 3 and GTA V.  

i want a fun story open world.  but assassin creeds are not doing it for me anymore.  Though i did not try the last one.  Is it good?  

Yes, I checked reviews;    Assassin's Creed Valhalla  might be my next game - Anyone played it?  It seems it improved a lot of the stuff I did not like in the older ones!

• 2 weeks later...

After finishing Yakuza Kiwami 2 I played the falconeer. I'm a fan of air combat games so I enjoyed it though it does get repetitive as you do the side missions to level up. 

Now that's done I noticed NBA 2k21 hit game pass and I haven't played a basketball game in forever. Going to take that for a spin next. 

@George P You're spurring me on. I've got through the main story of Arkham Knight before Xmas but I've seen that you've completed it 100% on the in game leaderboard. I'm at 99.1% 😅

Got both Valhalla and Immortals:Fenix Rising and I had a lot of fun in Fenix over the weekend. 

I have read all reviews and thought that I would like Valhalla better at it is less childish  - but no - apparently I like Zelda / I meant Fenix more. I only played Valhalla for 2 hours.

Some of the vaults are annoying but combat is pretty fun. I think I am about 10 hours in and plenty to do. And juvenile narration is kind of fun sometimes ;)

Was it worth buying both games at full price - not sure -  maybe not - but it is a decent Zelda replacement for the PC - and judging by previous Creeds - both games willl keep the price for a while.

Only regret - not buying for PS4 because I wanted better graphics and keyboard and mouse.  - however for PS4 I could have sold both games after I was done and while they still cost a lot.