What are you playing?

Nick H.
10 hours ago, George P said:

I keep hearing that about RDR2, it's hours lost not doing much, from what I gather.

It's certainly a narrative-oriented game. You've got to appreciate the time setting and relationships - the Wild West is coming to an end, and your band of outlaws are trying to pull off that final job that will set them up for the rest of their days while your character is leaning more towards setting up for a quiet life. There's some repetition insofar as you get sucked into a heist, it doesn't pan out so you need to move your camp to the next location, but that's there to push you around the map. You get to see your relationship with the gang change throughout.

As you can maybe tell, I thought it was an incredible game. Even though I've completed the main story, I still go back to it now and again to roam around, do a spot of fishing or play a game of poker in town. A funny little thing that threw me not too long ago was when I was heading into St. Denis for a game of poker and someone called out to me. I went over to them and it turned out to be an old friend from the gang. Like my character, they had moved on from the posse and started a new life for themselves. This was after I had completed the story, and it gave me a real sense that the world had continued to evolve even though the main narrative was finished. I'm not sure I've had that feeling in any other game.

I might start a new game when I get back to my Playstation. It's got to be one of my favourites from the last decade.

Xahid

Horizon Dawn Zero

Graphics looks fantastic in 2020 era.

George P

Well decided to run through some more of my backlog till CP2077.  Just finished Close to the Sun, short and nice looking indie game I got for free off of EGS.  

Jumping back to Game Pass and am installing Gears Tactics atm.  I'm not big on that type of game but I'll give it a go till my Series X hits and I jump over to that for some Jedi Fallen Order via GP Ultimate and EA Play.   By the time EA Play is added to the PC side of Game Pass I think CP2077 will be out so.

• 2 weeks later...
SnoopZ

Astrobot on PS5, the Dualsense controller needs to be experienced with this game to feel how awesome it is compared to regular controllers.

George P

Well, Gears tactics done, longer than I thought it would be but pretty fun even though tactics type games aren't my thing.  Also finished Jedi Fallen Order, hope they do a sequel because I enjoyed it, and the story has me wanting some more.  Don't actually know what I'll start next since I expected to have Cyberpunk ready to go by now.   Guess I'll find something else to squeeze in till then.

margrave

Just bouncing around until CP2077 hits.

WoW, WoW Classic, Doom Eternal(stadia), Destiny 2(stadia), Baldur's Gate 3, Phantasy Star Online 2, Elder Scrolls Online(stadia)

SnoopZ

Astrobot on PS5 is platinumed, next up Assassin's Creed Valhalla, will probably be on this week's.

Circaflex

The Division 2; found an old friend of mine who plays so we usually get a few hours in each day.

George P
8 hours ago, Circaflex said:

The Division 2; found an old friend of mine who plays so we usually get a few hours in each day.

Pretty sure I have the first one free from Ubisoft, wondering if I can run through it solo real quick just to get the story bits before I end up playing 2?

Circaflex
On 22/11/2020 at 01:08, George P said:

Pretty sure I have the first one free from Ubisoft, wondering if I can run through it solo real quick just to get the story bits before I end up playing 2?

I am sure; I never finished 1 and love 2 so far. I believe it is on sale for 9.99 through ubisoft right now, if its not on sale, wait a few weeks as it usually returns.

edit: yea its still on sale, 9 bucks here

Brandon H

Been playing through the Halo games on PC the last few weeks. Part way through Halo 4 now and sad that 343 seems to have no intention of bringing Halo 5 to PC even though Infinite will be coming to PC.

So PC only players like me will have to watch a playthrough or be faced with having a gap in story :/

Xenon

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on PC.

Playing it for the first time. 

+spikey_richie

SBU arenas at lunchtime

George P

Jumping into some smaller games till Cyberpunk. Almost done with Aragami, I'm a fan of the slow stealth gameplay, trial and error etc. 

zikalify

The last game I played was OpenSpades.

Nick H.

After watching a couple of groups playing online I decided to get Among Us. Next thing I know several hours have gone by and I've been having a blast. The only slight issue is the number of people that quit the moment something takes too long. Even in a party of 10 people the moment the game starts you might only be a group of 6. Is anyone else playing it? We could maybe organise a Neowin game some time?

I also noticed that the Command & Conquer Remaster was on sale, so I've picked that up. I'm quite surprised to see that it's going to be about 20GB of space!

+jnelsoninjax

After many hours of The Witcher 3, including playing with mods, I am now playing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. I am really liking it so far, the music and graphics are very good, the story line is a bit weak, but overall a decent game!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usama Jawad96
      Sony is permanently banning PS5 owners selling access to PlayStation Plus Collection
      by Usama Jawad

A major advantage a PlayStation Plus subscription offers to new owners of the PlayStation 5 is immediate access to 20 high-quality PlayStation 4 games. Games such as Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Bloodborne, God of War, and more are playable at no extra cost under the "PlayStation Plus Collection" umbrella. Once claimed, these games are playable across both the PlayStation 5 and the PlayStation 4. Now, Sony is permanently banning some PlayStation 5 owners for exploiting this offer.

Citing several now-removed forum posts, GamerBraves claims that Sony is issuing permanent bans to PlayStation 5 owners who have been selling access to this collection of games. How this "exploit" works is that some PS5 owners create listings online for fees as low as $8 according to one Malaysian listing, and ask people to share their account credentials to gain access to the collection. Shared credentials can then be used to create an account on a PS5 which also gives that account instant access to the games on the originally associated PS4.

Apart from the fact that this is an exploitative technique which Sony definitely does not want people to employ, the security implications of sharing account credentials with strangers on the internet are enormous.

As such, Sony is handing out bans to players on both sides - sellers and buyers - for engaging in this practice. The report claims that sellers have been issued permanent bans while accounts of buyers have been banned for two months. An account ban entails losing access to all content tied to it, including games purchased using those credentials. For the selling parties, this means permanent loss while for people buying their services, this means that they will be able to access their content from the same account again after two months.

Source: GamerBraves via Push Square

• By vishal1082
      Epic Games Store is hosting a Black Friday Sale, with a MudRunner giveaway
      by Vishal Laul

Epic Games Store has put on offer MudRunner to claim and keep for free this week, taking the place of Elite Dangerous and The World Next Door. Also starting today is the Black Friday Sale, hosting discounts for a wide range of titles for this week. Check our weekly gaming deals post this Saturday so you don't miss the best offers.

MudRunner, formerly known as Spintires: Mudrunner, is an all-terrain off-roading simulator that paces players through a variety of locations. With only a map and a compass, players have to traverse through muddy and hilly terrains to reach locations around the map. Here’s how the Epic Games Store describes it:

Epic Games Store is offering MudRunner for players on Windows. Here are the minimum requirements:

If you wish to claim MudRunner, you can find it here. It will be free to claim until December 3, which is when Epic will put on offer Cave Story+ for its next giveaway.

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      Square Enix will let most employees work from home permanently
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

Square Enix, a renowned game developer, announced today that it will permanently let most of its employees to work from home starting December 1. Each individual worker will be labeled as either home-based or office-based and will be required to work an average of at least three days from the designated location.

If their position permits, workers will have the flexibility to switch their designation on a monthly basis. The firm expects that roughly 80% of workers will be working from home next month, the first month of the program's implementation.

The decision has been taken not only to prevent infections during the coronavirus pandemic but the firm hopes this can enable them to "recruit more diverse human resources, as well as to establish an organization capable of adapting to unexpected developments such as disasters and changes in employment models." In addition to an increase in work productivity, Square noted that this will better employees' work-life balance.

Square Enix isn't the first tech company to put such a policy in place that lets employees work from home after the coronavirus pandemic ends. Microsoft also announced earlier this year that it would allow its employees in the U.S. to work from home permanently.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Watch Dogs: Legion's online mode launch delayed as Ubisoft focuses on bug fixes
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Ubisoft launched Watch Dogs: Legion last month across current and next-generation platforms, and although its multiplayer component was supposed to arrive next week through a free update, those plans have now changed as the studio battles with the game's bug problem.

"Since the launch of Watch Dogs: Legion, some of you continue to have technical issues preventing you from enjoying the game," said Ubisoft in a new blog post today. "The dev team is committed to fixing these issues and will not stop until everyone can experience the game as intended."

Ubisoft deployed a new update today to the game as well, bringing a manual save button for PC players alongside crash fixes and stability improvements for the console versions. Head here to find the full patch notes of update 2.20.

As a result of this focus on solving issues, the online mode for Watch Dogs: Legion will now be launching in early 2021, though an exact launch date was not shared today. "This will allow us to focus on fixing issues with single player, and it will give us more time to test the Online experience to help ensure a smooth launch of the mode," the studio added.

The online update will bring cooperative free roam support across London with up to four players, special cooperative missions, a PVP competitive mode, as well as the fan-favorite invasions to the Ubisoft action game.

Watch Dogs: Legion is now available on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Stadia, and Amazon Luna.

• By Jefferson Mangubat
      Sony promises more PlayStation 5 units are coming to retailers before end of year
      by Jefferson Mangubat

Sony revealed today that it's shipping more inventories of the PlayStation 5 to retailers before this year ends. The Japanese tech company said it has seen an "unprecedented demand" for its latest-generation gaming console following its release earlier this month.

In a tweet, Sony noted that the PS5 launch was its "biggest console launch ever", although it did not disclose any figures about how many units it sold. The company only said the following on Twitter:

There's no clear information as well on how many PS5 consoles it plans to release to retailers later this year. The PS5 faced significant demand even during the pre-order period, as previously confirmed by Jim Ryan, the President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment. In the U.S. alone, the consoles sold in the first 12 hours matched the number of PS4 consoles sold in the first 12 weeks, as people were staying at home due to COVID-19 lockdowns in many places.

Ryan also acknowledged that not everyone would be able to get their hands on the PS5 on launch day. Sony also made it clear prior to release that the console would only be available to purchase online at launch. That said, Sony's announcement today should appease PlayStation fans who want to snap up the PS5 in time for the holidays.