It's here!

Another thing, font color is the same exact color as Atlas, but there is antialias forced for webkit users. Which can make it look lighter. I will remove this when I have time to update it.

Also, if you're using a dev version of chrome, maybe blame the browser first ;)

Timan, please fix the N on the logo.

Another thing, font color is the same exact color as Atlas, but there is antialias forced for webkit users. Which can make it look lighter. I will remove this when I have time to update it.

Also, if you're using a dev version of chrome, maybe blame the browser first ;)

Using stable version, maybe test properly?

what does the capital N bother you? I doesn't bother me.

what does the capital N bother you? I doesn't bother me.

Because i've been used to the non-capital N for a looong time now, and me and a few other members feel it doesn't look very good.

what does the capital N bother you? It doesn't bother me.

Exactly, it's not that major, anyway they've always called themselves Neowin.net in the footer, and page title too. So making the logo reflect this makes sense. Plus it looks fine too, it's not like lower case looks better, in which it's not really that different, just a matter of personal opinion.

Exactly, it's not that major, anyway they've always called themselves Neowin.net in the footer, and page title too. So making the logo reflect this makes sense. Plus it looks fine too, it's not like lower case looks better, in which it's not really that different, just a matter of personal opinion.

Just personal opinion tbh, I just think it looks nicer.

Scrolling is horrible with CPU spikes in Chrome 14.0.835.8 dev-m and navigation menus do not stay open. Scrolling is smooth in Waterfox 5.0 (64-bit Firefox). Perhaps this is a hardware acceleration issue in Chrome, or...?

This is what I have too. It's present in Chromium 15 too so something must be up. If it's present in more than one channel of Chrome there must be something interfering with it. Please fix it.

Do the rounded corners work for you?

Nop.

About%20Google%20Chrome.png

Edit: There are no rounded corners (on the new frontpage) on any browser. Have you actually coded

the rounded corners?

They don't have to "fix" things that are your personal preference (The logo looks good with the capital N anyways. It's not broken, so what's their to fix?). They've made the logo the way it is now with their own reasoning. If they honestly took all the personal ideas from each and every person, who'll spam it all in one thread like you're doing, then Neowin.net would look like a bunch of coloured clay mixed together. Also, I take it you didn't read the previous reply I've made to your post? The post with the image from you explaining what you'd want to change? It's funny how you keep trying to force your idea onto the developers, like they have to comply :/

@Timan: There are no rounded corners on my end either. Running the latest stable version of Firefox.

Because i've been used to the non-capital N for a looong time now, and me and a few other members feel it doesn't look very good.

It doesn't bother me, but I can see how it would bother you though. I'm OCD about typefaces myself.

This is what I have too. It's present in Chromium 15 too so something must be up. If it's present in more than one channel of Chrome there must be something interfering with it. Please fix it.

Just fired up stable (12.0.742.122) and it appears to be a non-issue. Menus stay open and scrolling is smooth. Lack of hardware acceleration in latest builds on the dev branch?

In my opinion it looks fine, HOWEVER.. I'd love for it to be a bit wider.

I understand that a lot of notebook/iPad users most likely read it but on a 24" 1920 or 30" 2560 it's simply incredibly narrow.

Can increase the width maybe 8 more pixels. Keep in mind, a lot of netbook/ipad users so we have to design for 1024x768. Its also the SAME WIDTH as Atlas, and the version before that.

I kinda liked Atlas better, but I think it's just a matter of time to getting used to Pegasus.

Good job Neowin. :D

Would be great if the front page scalled the screen size. Over half the screen is wasted (1680 x 1050).

In my opinion it looks fine, HOWEVER.. I'd love for it to be a bit wider.

I understand that a lot of notebook/iPad users most likely read it but on a 24" 1920 or 30" 2560 it's simply incredibly narrow.

If you browse with your browser maximized, then I suspect you are already used to this from a lot of other websites that use fixed-width layouts. Personally, I see it pointless to browse maximized because of this. There is too much wasted horizontal space.

Can increase the width maybe 8 more pixels. Keep in mind, a lot of netbook/ipad users so we have to design for 1024x768. Its also the SAME WIDTH as Atlas, and the version before that.

Surely you also do this for design purposes, correct? It would not make much sense if the wasted space on the sides was filled but then creating a bunch of wasted space within the actual layout (as seen with Atlas), now would it? It also creates a bunch of proximity issues with the various elements (think CRAP).

The new design reminds of cNet's news website. Which is not a good thing. It feels like it's trying to look newer and updated (which it does) but at the expense of actual user experience and visual aesthetics.

I do really like the extra attention to the software and gaming sections of the website. Good job on that.

The default theme is wayyy too bright. It hurts my eyes. I know some websites are mostly white, but somehow those websites don't hurt my eyes as much. I can't explain why. It forces me to switch to darkside and I am not a fan of dark themes myself.

Also, I think it looks very messy now. Things look really cramp for some reason. I think the inspirations from Metro plays a big role in creating a feeling that the page is cramped and messy... I'm not saying Metro itself is messy, but more like the implementation of some Metro principles are not well done. The headlines section just looks like something written in MS Word, not in a website, and I think that's largely due to the attempt to make the layout minimalistic, which is not well-executed.

Also, too many tooltips and animations. It gets annoying.

If you browse with your browser maximized, then I suspect you are already used to this from a lot of other websites that use fixed-width layouts. Personally, I see it pointless to browse maximized because of this. There is too much wasted horizontal space.

I don't run maximized but rather in a window that takes about 75% of the horizontal space and even then the current design takes barely half of the browser width which is rather unfortunate and in my eyes looks like a return to 90s design where screen estate was limited.