It's here!

It just doesn't look like Neowin anymore. It looks like every other site out there >.<

Agreed. I dunno, maybe it's time to stop coming here. It's become over moderated and super lame over the past couple of years anyway. I basically just come here out of habit now, not because I like it here.

I hope to grow to like it like others have said, but as of right now I do not think I will be visiting daily anymore.

The images takeing up more room on the article preview and the lack of content compaired to the old site is not to my liking.

The fact that it looks unprofessional like a wordpress template does live up to your logo, but Ive come to expect more from neowin. The attached image shows all the lost space that used to be used.

2lxh0k5.png

I hope some of this can be addressed

Probably would look more "full" if the adblocker was disabled ;)

Probably would look more "full" if the adblocker was disabled ;)

No I do not think even that would take away from the fisher price look of the site now! Sorry I agree with what others have said it is 3 steps backwards from what Neowin should be! It looks like a cut and past of just about every other tech site on the net witch is not what Neowinions have come to expect.

i like it. i hated the last design... this is nice and clean.

hover effects: awesome. layout: easy to figure out. graphics: beautiful, cross browser compatibility: great. i don't get why people are bitching, but to each their own.

Wow, I absolutely LOVE it.

Sorry to see that so many people are not sure about it. I remember that I didn't like the last upgrade initially, but it didn't take that long for it to grow on me.

I knew there was some changes incoming as I read the prewarning, Kinda forgot about it and came here this morning and was like "Oh no...." I think this could take some time to get used to :D

That certainly is different.

It's sort of like a clean sharp look compared with the blue tones of before - is Neowin moving away from Blue now? It'll take some time getting used to and I can see where other posters have said it looks like a blog. But I think a good cause for concern is the size of the news pictures, they are rather big!

You know what would totally make it near perfect? This:

598345018.png

I want to read the headlines first. The fancy pics are eye candy, not content. My mockup can be improved upon - those images can be smaller too.

Also the link colour could be a little darker to contrast a wee bit more against the background. This could be just me but it's hurting my eyes just a bit after a long while.

Sorry fellas, Not cool, don't like it.

I use to welcome change and have always done so both on the main site and the boards here, but this time I actually like the former look more. I think this look looks cheaper, following "modern look & feel" without having the need to thanks to the former design, and destroying personality. It looks like a template I could buy for $49 at a theme repository in the "News Website" category. Oh well, enough whining. I guess it's a perfect case of "you can't please everyone", and this time I happened to be that guy.

It will take some getting used to, but overall it's a nice change. I'm viewing it with Darkside & Tile 1 settings. (Y)

The only thing that annoys me is the capital N on the front page. It should be lowercase, like it is on the Forums front page.

Can increase the width maybe 8 more pixels. Keep in mind, a lot of netbook/ipad users so we have to design for 1024x768. Its also the SAME WIDTH as Atlas, and the version before that.

There was a cookie-based button in Atlas to expand the interface though. Now it?s gone?

I guess you could re-add a "wide interface / narrow interface" checkbox in the settings.

A lot of the suggestions in this topic are actually very good though.yes.gif

There was a cookie-based button in Atlas to expand the interface though. Now it?s gone?

I guess you could re-add a "wide interface / narrow interface" checkbox in the settings.

A lot of the suggestions in this topic are actually very good though.yes.gif

The last time we had the expand button, if I recall correctly, was with Finity - which was years ago. We never had it on Atlas.

I want to read the headlines first. The fancy pics are eye candy, not content. My mockup can be improved upon - those images can be smaller too.

After 20 pages I was about to say that personally, I found the images a bit too big (too dominant) but there you go with the same suggestion I was about to post.

3/4 of current size would be much better and I agree that images to the right would emphasis the news title.

The last time we had the expand button, if I recall correctly, was with Finity - which was years ago. We never had it on Atlas.

Hmmm, maybe you?re right. But one thing is sure, Atlas was larger on my 27inch computer before. Is it because the width was set in %, or is it because it had more pixels, or is it a setting, I don?t know.

I really wish there was a setting to revert this. The more I look at the previous interface with the new one side to side, the more I miss it. Everything was just so? perfect before :

42696-after.pngNew%20neowin.png

Not sure if it be sometinhg neowin would do, i seen it done before ages ago not sure how friendly it be, perhaps have some preset widths members can change between to there liking personaly im fine how it is now, but i know some dont like it

Hmmm, maybe you?re right. But one thing is sure, Atlas was larger on my 27inch computer before. Is it because the width was set in %, or is it because it had more pixels, or is it a setting, I don?t know.

I really wish there was a setting to revert this. The more I look at the previous interface with the new one side to side, the more I miss it. Everything was just so? perfect before :

<image snip>

Those images are scaled. Here's a direct comparison, neither image scaled.

compare.png