• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, Mando said:

ive amended mine due to adding 5ghz so now pottytoes and pottytoes5 (i know so original)

I run mine to both have the same name and let the clients choose the network. I've also made my network favor 5Ghz.

• Like 2

I too call mine "Skynet". There is a reason for it...

I use Eero and the app used to have a design where it would say: "Name of network" is online. So I actually renamed my network so this would say "Skynet is online".

Eero has since changed the app design so it does not say this anymore. But I left the name.

One of best names I heard of recently was "FBISuvellienceVan1"

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

I run mine to both have the same name and let the clients choose the network. I've also made my network favor 5Ghz.

i did that for a while but i found the 5gHz signal quality upstairs was poorer than downstairs. ive left the skyHD unit downstairs enjoying the 5Ghz and anyhting fixed. Im lucky i can get a 2.4ghz channel 11 to be nice and clear with no converging ssids from neighbours.

Mine is just a boring 8 character random alphanumeric. Can't think of something clever and don't want to go through all of my wifi products and update the network name.

• 2 months later...

2.4ghz : 192.168.0.240.0

5.0ghz: 192.168.0.500.0

My other router: Enter_Password

I like too confuse those not up too par with technology.

• 2 weeks later...

The SSID is Helium (lightest element), mobile devices named as other lighter than air/gaseous elements and all of my desktop/server systems are named for heavier elements.