Xbox One Launch Thread

Skype can not be snapped? That is highly disappointing. :/

Skype "Video" chat cannot be snapped. You can talk through skype  though just fine. Who the hell wants to have skype video call taking up half the screen while trying to kick but on a game.  I dont need to see somones face to talk to them.  Im so glad skype is there though as I use to sit next to my pc for skype party chats during Multiplayer bouts of BF3

Skype "Video" chat cannot be snapped. You can talk through skype  though just fine. Who the hell wants to have skype video call taking up half the screen while trying to kick but on a game.  I dont need to see somones face to talk to them.  Im so glad skype is there though as I use to sit next to my pc for skype party chats during Multiplayer bouts of BF3

I'm quite looking forward to seeing the look on friends faces, as I kick their arse... Again. lol

Just got a text from game.co.uk regarding my Xbox One pre-order.

Got excited, but turns out they are just "reminding" me to buy more games for it.

Thanks, Game. :hmmm:

I cant make up my mind if game have shipped my Xbox One yet, if i view my actual order it states its shipped, however if i view an overview of all my orders its unshipped.

Polygon is currently doing a play through of Ryse on their live stream for anyone interested.

I know you're the man to ask this stuff to, i have been told that the Xbox One can't stream from media devices like network drives at launch is this correct and will it be fixed on a patch?

I know you're the man to ask this stuff to, i have been told that the Xbox One can't stream from media devices like network drives at launch is this correct and will it be fixed on a patch?

The X1 supports dlna at launch, which means that it can stream media from a pc to the X1. None of the reviews have really covered how this works, but I believe you initiate the playback from the pc to the X1. I haven't seen anyone comment on if you can simply load a video app and access media that's is on a network share. That needs to be confirmed.

They will be adding support for external drives and playback via external drives in the near future.

The X1 supports dlna at launch, which means that it can stream media from a pc to the X1. None of the reviews have really covered how this works, but I believe you initiate the playback from the pc to the X1. I haven't seen anyone comment on if you can simply load a video app and access media that's is on a network share. That needs to be confirmed.

They will be adding support for external drives and playback via external drives in the near future.

I imagine it'll just be the same as the 360 and you'll have a list of devices to select & search from.

My problem is my media is all on my network drive the WD My Book World, so i NEED to use that withthe X1 without a computer on, so it looks like i will be stuffed?

My problem is my media is all on my network drive the WD My Book World, so i NEED to use that withthe X1 without a computer on, so it looks like i will be stuffed?

Well if it worked like the 360, then you should be able to access that device within a media app. But again, this has not been confirmed yet, so we will see.

I guess somebody had to do it :rofl:

BZh9DldCYAADE8B.jpg:large

Polygon and ArsTechnica did it. Works fine with PlayTo. There is no mention of Miracast anywhere though.

You know i was a little worried about ryse because of the embargo till tomorrow but after watching the playthrough it looked really fun to me. Unless the rating are pretty disastrous i think im going to be picking it up.

I guess somebody had to do it :rofl:

BZh9DldCYAADE8B.jpg:large

Polygon and ArsTechnica did it. Works fine with PlayTo. There is no mention of Miracast anywhere though.

Did ether of those reviews actually say that you could playback video or audio that is on network storage via an app on the X1? I dint notice either one spell out what formats would be supported or if it all required transcoding from a pc.

You know i was a little worried about ryse because of the embargo till tomorrow but after watching the playthrough it looked really fun to me. Unless the rating are pretty disastrous i think im going to be picking it up.

The thing about Ryse is that you have to be a fan of hack and slash games to start with. Then you have to enjoy the God of War, or Batman type of combat system. If you fall into that camp, then Ryse looks like fun, beyond being just a visual showcase.

If you don't like hack and slash games. This wont change your mind about that.

Is it really true you have to pay to unlock things like Netflix? I heard this watching a Cnet review of the Xbox One

Is it really true you have to pay to unlock things like Netflix? I heard this watching a Cnet review of the Xbox One

Yes, apps like Netflix are only accessible to XBL Gold members.

Yes, apps like Netflix are only accessible to XBL Gold members.

I think that's ridiculous, so you have to pay to unlock something that your already paying for.

With a sigh of relief my Amazon order has changed,to preparing for dispatch, no movement in my MS order though. I will update on the video streaming here as soon as my console arrives as it's a feature I use heavily on my ps3 right now

I think that's ridiculous, so you have to pay to unlock something that your already paying for.

Yeah, its silly.

I think the reason they went down this road on the 360 and now the X1 is they feel like Gold is a stronger value when you bundle all of the media apps together behind that wall. They felt like you were paying them to offer the custom experience for things like Netflix.

However, that idea is just not true anymore and I think even MS knows it. I think things like Netflix will move outside of Gold fairly swiftly once their other Gold initiatives takes off. Games for Gold doesn't roll out for the X1 until sometime next year and then you also have all of the exclusive media content like original tv shows, etc, that MS is bringing to XBL over the next year. I believe that once they can offer those things to entice Gold usage, they will drop the silly idea of keeping apps that are free elsewhere behind the Gold wall.

Right now, however, we can just gripe about it.