WZOR Talks About Windows (Codename) 9, Is a DP Imminent?

So is this new info still saying Win 9 and Threshold are 2 different Windows versions?

Nah, nothing new, @BrandonLive had said clearly that for win8.1 there will be a Fall Update(Update2), then a Spring Update("Threshold"), and reference to this Spring Update as Win9 is just some "press/blogger's invention". :)

Well if that is the case then I am disappointed.

Being a Halo fanboy with somewhat decent grasp on the canon, I always wondered why would they pick such an insignificant name for a major release.

2 days ago, @Painter7 of PCPortal hinted that he has got Win8.1 Update2:

http://pcportal.org.ru/forum/8-5108-13

172025hur5fnu5knufofrn.jpg.thumb.jpg

Later, another member posted this bit of info, but since he was a new member with just a few posts, it was not easy to know if it's legit info:

102813huoszf3zfkxp3pp6.jpg.thumb.jpg

A reliable net-friend told me the part about "Update2 released to OEM's" is true, and last night a Chinese OEM guy told me they did get the RTM, but for the part about build no. and release date, he was "inconvinient to comment".

And this "new guy" had now commented on the previous "Win9 Build 9788 screen-shots":

102813c9aj5jflfcmmmzw6.jpg.thumb.jpg

Take all these infos with the usual salt treatment, but my friend had told me after the pic was out, that "the watermark is fake", also some MDL guys(special tks to @arseny92) had concluded that the pic was a photo-shop. :)

screen1691.jpg

btw, this time: watermark(again) :)

Also, people were excited over Painter's screen-shot  about "Aug. 12 release" .... did they realize this was MS documents for partners?

Since my Toshiba laptop model P775D-S7144 is no longer available for purchase, I'm looking to transfer my photos and documents to usb drives and reinstall the original software to Windows 7. I've enjoyed 8.1 but no matter if support for 7 ceases, OEM owners like me can always reinstall without the validation issues because OEM's naturally setup their system to accept the DVD/CD media for install only for that model.

So OEM's have that as a bright side.

This morning my friend told me the watermark of the "Build 9795 screen-shot" is fake, and tks to @arseny92, who further explained why it "couldn't be real" :)

screen1693.jpg

Simply said, if "Build 9795" was compiled, starting from July 13 1834, Redmond, it couldn't be on anybodies' machine on Jul 14 1721, anywhere in the world.

screen1692.jpg

I already tought the screenshots where fake due to the start button having a rounded corner...

Also, any idea what version number is going for Update 2? Is it still 6.3.9600.17550?

I already tought the screenshots where fake due to the start button having a rounded corner...

Also, any idea what version number is going for Update 2? Is it still 6.3.9600.17550?

I doubt it, maybe this guy got a legit RTM build no. then made up the other fakes, maybe he simply invented everything out of nowhere, so better wait for more reliable infos. :)

Sorry, it's fake, sha1 is win7 SP1

Windows 8.1 Update 2 standalone installer for X64: KB2962535 , 537MB

http://pcportal.org.ru/forum/8-5108-107470-16-1406039391

I don't mean any disrespect when I say this, but you really need to stop posting everything you read. You're going to start losing any credibility you have if you keep falling for all the fake posts from that site and elsewhere.

You keep giving Wzor a hard time for putting out wrong info, but you've been doing it left and right yourself here lately. You mention having a "special friend" that confirms things for you. You might want to start actually using that source for confirmation on things BEFORE you go and post them everywhere.

Not trying to sound rude with that, but you keep giving others a hard time for releasing false info when you're doing it yourself.

I don't mean any disrespect when I say this, but you really need to stop posting everything you read. You're going to start losing any credibility you have if you keep falling for all the fake posts from that site and elsewhere.

You keep giving Wzor a hard time for putting out wrong info, but you've been doing it left and right yourself here lately. You mention having a "special friend" that confirms things for you. You might want to start actually using that source for confirmation on things BEFORE you go and post them everywhere.

Not trying to sound rude with that, but you keep giving others a hard time for releasing false info when you're doing it yourself.

Sorry, man, if it had made you feel bad, that bit of info came from PCPortal where Painter is the admin., I thought he would have checked on fake posts because he has a copy of Update2 RTM with the MS papers for OEM's.

I try not to ask my friend too much because of job risks, especially ATM there is a massacre happening in MS. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if we finally see the real screen shots and the real new menu and it's a good bit different from the one we've seen them show at BUILD and others fake.   It's easy to just come up with a concept/mockup but then once you get to testing and so on who knows what changes are needed or take place.  

I wouldn't be surprised if we finally see the real screen shots and the real new menu and it's a good bit different from the one we've seen them show at BUILD and others fake.   It's easy to just come up with a concept/mockup but then once you get to testing and so on who knows what changes are needed or take place.  

Agree, it's really pointless to argue over such an early build, it's like if 7850 didn't leak, somebody posted a screen-shot of 7850, and people argue over it if the pic was legit, or if win8 would finally appear like 7850. :)

Latest non engineering builds have a new drop-shadow on windows.

Windows 8 has drop shadows, too. How distracting are these?

Latest non engineering builds have a new drop-shadow on windows.

What's the difference between non-engineering builds and engineering builds? Anyway, screenshot?

Tks to @NaiveUser (@h0x0d in Neowin) posted in MDL : http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/55109-News-Discussions-On-Windows-Upcoming-Products-W8-1Update-x-W365-WThreshold-Win9/page135?p=934083&viewfull=1#post934083

Windows 9 mentioned in a MS guy's CV in  linkedin, where he joined the project in Dec. 2013, and we know WinThreshold already exists in Dec. 2013:

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=29219676&authType=OPENLINK&authToken=xfZ6

screen1695.jpg

:)

Tks to @NaiveUser (@h0x0d in Neowin) posted in MDL : http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/55109-News-Discussions-On-Windows-Upcoming-Products-W8-1Update-x-W365-WThreshold-Win9/page135?p=934083&viewfull=1#post934083

Windows 9 mentioned in a MS guy's CV in  linkedin, where he joined the project in Dec. 2013, and we know WinThreshold already exists in Dec. 2013:

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=29219676&authType=OPENLINK&authToken=xfZ6

screen1695.jpg

:)

So Threshold and 9 are the very same thing after all.

So Threshold and 9 are the very same thing after all.

You really think so? MS guys are very serious about their CV's, if "windows 9" does not exist as a official or code name, there is no way they would mention the name in their CV's. :)

I think it's the same thing because I think MS wants to get away from the Windows "8" PR problems and bad image and jump right to 9 and start over.  No way they're going to do a 8.2 or 8.5, that's still v8 in peoples mind and they're not going to bother with it even if it's massively better. 

I think it's the same thing because I think MS wants to get away from the Windows "8" PR problems and bad image and jump right to 9 and start over.  No way they're going to do a 8.2 or 8.5, that's still v8 in peoples mind and they're not going to bother with it even if it's massively better. 

Don't be surprised if you see update 3 roll out next Spring, development started about a week ago, ...... anyway, there's still a chance that it won't be released depending on win9 development. :)