WZOR Talks About Windows (Codename) 9, Is a DP Imminent?

Meanwhile, does anyone know anything about Internet Explorer 12?

The developer channel build they released 2 weeks or so ago Is basically a early build of IE12, I'm using it right now to post this, it handles the neowin site and forum faster than IE11 does, at least it seems that way to me so far.   I expect another developer channel build in the fall at this point.

The developer channel build they released 2 weeks or so ago Is basically a early build of IE12, I'm using it right now to post this, it handles the neowin site and forum faster than IE11 does, at least it seems that way to me so far.   I expect another developer channel build in the fall at this point.

2 weeks ago? Make that 6, unless you have a more recent build then us (which is Internet Explorer Developer Channel 1 version 11.0.09600.17123). It's kind of weird why its version number still says it's IE11.

2 weeks ago? Make that 6, unless you have a more recent build then us (which is Internet Explorer Developer Channel 1 version 11.0.09600.17123). It's kind of weird why its version number still says it's IE11.

It's just that early yet, like an alpha build, it only has 3 or 4 new features though I think it has a bit better performance, or maybe it's just because I don't have many tabs open for it like I do for stock IE11.

It's just that early yet, like an alpha build, it only has 3 or 4 new features though I think it has a bit better performance, or maybe it's just because I don't have many tabs open for it like I do for stock IE11.

Well, I did notice that the IEDC used much less memory compared to IE11 with the same tabs.

Don't be surprised if in some later months you see MJF(or whoever) posts something that I've said a few months back. :)

screen_363_zps9e63776c.jpg

Uhm, there are a lot of people that brought up that Microsoft might be, or should, give Windows 9 free to everyone...

Uhm, there are a lot of people that brought up that Microsoft might be, or should, give Windows 9 free to everyone...

Nah, all these are just rumors ATM, and this one is just a small prelude, the main play is yet to come. :)

There were some guys who claimed "expose my leaking secrets", I couldn't careless about some bloggers calling me leaker, but actually I've said quite a lot of times, and even in the Russian site Ru-board:

screen1698.jpg

I always tried to post the source, sometimes I couldn't, in fact I've already explained this in the very first page of my thread in MDL:

screen1699.jpg

Sometimes I said about "my friend in MS", it's nothing to brag about, MS has over a hundred K staffs, there must be a hell lot of people that has "MS friends", in fact, I have 2 college buddies, 1 in HK, 1 in Europe, but I tried not to ask them too much about MS stuffs, I know them in person, and would feel really bad if they loss their jobs out of something I do stupid. So, including my interpretation(i.e. anybody could interpret otherwise) of Mr. Paddock's comments, there were 4 MS guys that told me WinThreshold and Win9 are different. I am tired of debating, so wait for the facts to roll out eventually.

btw, I don't use winphone, so that's what I heard quite some time ago(reminder: take it as rumor): wp8.1 will have 4 GDR's, then wp8.2(wpthreshold), wp9 is a different story. :)

As an I.T professional, here is what I am hoping for In Windows VNext...

I. Abilities to further lock down the new crop of 10 inch and smaller tablets with group policy, although these machine come with the "Home Edition" of Windows 8.1 nowadays.

II. On the 32 bit version of VNext I hope that they clean up more of the legacy crap that keeps plaguing windows.

III. Offer a choice whether the user wants to use "Metro" or the desktop

IV. Offer a version of Windows Server on ARM

V. It would be nice for smaller I.T shops if we could purchase a low cost anti virus solution from MS.

VI. Clean up more of the old xp era icons

VII. Further improvements to hyper-v

VIII. The return of Windows Home server

VIV. Mobile device management for Apple devices (wishful thinking here)

I'm sure there is more I can think of here.

I. Abilities to further lock down the new crop of 10 inch and smaller tablets with group policy, although these machine come with the "Home Edition" of Windows 8.1 nowadays.

II. On the 32 bit version of VNext I hope that they clean up more of the legacy crap that keeps plaguing windows.

III. Offer a choice whether the user wants to use "Metro" or the desktop

IV. Offer a version of Windows Server on ARM

V. It would be nice for smaller I.T shops if we could purchase a low cost anti virus solution from MS.

VI. Clean up more of the old xp era icons

VII. Further improvements to hyper-v

VIII. The return of Windows Home server

VIV. Mobile device management for Apple devices (wishful thinking here)

I'm sure there is more I can think of here.

Metro and the desktop are becoming one according to rumors. Metro will be merged, and the desktop "modernized" with live tiles on a new updated taskbar.

I. Abilities to further lock down the new crop of 10 inch and smaller tablets with group policy, although these machine come with the "Home Edition" of Windows 8.1 nowadays..........

Free like Apple & Linux. :)

And personally I think it's appropriate to mention it as "VNext" like you did, MS always says "Next Version of Windows" and people jumps to say it means Windows 9, but even Update 1/2/3 would report a new base version in DISM,

You're right. FaiKee keeps showing that post of his everywhere saying it came from him first. Then says if "MJF (or whoever)" say it later on, they got it from him since he posted months back. When he says "(or whoever)" he is referring to Wzor. He has been talking trash about Wzor and MJF for a while now.

Guess what? See the date he posted that? "17 May 2014". Here's an article on InfoWorld dated "23 April 2014" almost a month earlier:

http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-windows/microsoft-may-actually-be-the-right-track-windows-9-241029

In the article it has a list of rumors that are credited to Wzor. Here's one of them: "Windows 9 may be free or may have versions that are free". He keeps arguing that this isn't the same thing he posted in May. That what he posted is different. That clearly says "Windows 9 may be free or may have versions that are free". May be free is clearly the same as anyone getting it. Free versions could very well be like the "Windows 8 with Bing" idea. They could release a free version that anyone can get, only difference is that Bing is the Default search. That fits either rumor he posted. There's nothing different about it at all.

FaiKee desperately wants people to believe he is the originator of that rumor when he clearly isn't. He isn't the originator of a lot of "his leaks". Now he is starting to argue that he has never tried to come off as a leaker of info, but someone just sharing it on other sites to help get the word out.  If that were true, why does he have a knack for getting sole credit on a lot of articles about leaks? He'll be given sole credit even though all he did was post what he read on another forum. Does he just happen to forget to tell them every time an article is made about something he posted that he isn't the actual source of it?

Seriously people. You need to start paying more attention. Go back and look at stuff he is credited to leaking and see that it was already talked about way before he mentioned it. He gets a lot of his information from Chinese and Russian forums along with the My Digital Life forum. He can call me a "pathetic hater" all he wants, but I can't stand a person who steals credit for something they have NOTHING to do with. All because they like the attention it gives them.

Look into him before accusing me of being jealous or a hater. The man has leaked NOTHING original. It's ALL come from other sites and he STOLE the credit for it.

Trying to just help spread the word...pfft. If there were any truth in that you would give credit to the real sources.

You're right. FaiKee keeps showing that post of his everywhere saying it came from him first.  ......

LOL, got ignored in MDL and now trying in Neowin? I wouldn't say "totally ignored" because a MDL admin had actually replied and explained MDL policy to you, and request your discretion on putting up hatred posts.

- The rumor of a free win9 or VNext had been around for quite a while, I had explained in MDL the difference between "Win9 will be free" and "win9 will be a free upgrade for XP".

- Could you post an evidence that I had said or implied that I was the original source of the rumor or info that I posted.

- Regarding your accusation of "stealing credits", this is a very serious accusation, could you post some kind of proof? Don't tell me you will now start searching for proof(s) on request, Neowin is a serious site and I believe they don't tolerate such kind of accusations without proof.

- Just FYI, I had PM'ed some source links to Neowin admins and told them I couldn't provide it openly as per request of the PCBeta guy, and they also agreed to my decisions.

The 'in the know' behavior is so Longhorn 2003. Lets move beyond those days, its 2014. At the end of the day, whatever you know is pointless, the fact is, you don't have a blue badge and can only dream of setting foot on the Redmond Campus.

Any news on when a DP may drop? I'm hoping October, but I think its more likely to drop in 2015

It's expected at the end of the year, look for a September - November frame.

LOL, looking back at these rumors, who started them anyway?

- No new features for Update2(now called Aug Update) - not me, I've said there is a feature pack.
- MS wants to bury win8, Update2(now called Aug Update) will be final - not me, I've said MS has started working on Update3("placeholder").

Now wait for Win8.2("placeholder", code name Threshold) next Spring. :)

There's no 8 after august update. Win 7 only got 1 SP, and MS has done enough damage control for Win 8 example with it's three, yes 3, updates. MS has spent tons of money on damage control and Win 8.1 is used only some 6% (5% use 8.0). Time to move on. Threshold will not be called 8 - the disaster. They are having a threshold platform for ALL devices do you think they would name it after they're biggest flop of MS's history? lol

And Win 9 or whatever it's called is not going to be free for Win 8 users. Nor 8.1. Nor 8.1.1.august or any 8. But according to MS Win 8 will receive it in an update, either from app store or most likely from Windows Update. Go chew it.

Free like Apple & Linux. :)

And personally I think it's appropriate to mention it as "VNext" like you did, MS always says "Next Version of Windows" and people jumps to say it means Windows 9, but even Update 1/2/3 would report a new base version in DISM,

I refer to Windows Vnext because this next version has yet to be named, so there.

We have yet to see what Apple will do for enterprise deployments of iOS devices, but based on experience, trying to fully lockdown and Ipad is quite the pain, Linux, I will admit I have not played with it in years.

I refer to Windows Vnext because this next version has yet to be named, so there.

Yup, an appropriate step anyway. :)

~~~~~~

Tks to   @h0x0d  posting on twitter on a Linkedin page:

Now, some new theory/explanation on this one? :

The MS guy went into details and say :

Windows Phone - 8.1( Blue)

Windows Phone 8 (Apollo)

So why no: Windows 9(Threshold) for Phone, Tablet and PC? biggrin.png

screen_364_zpsbb942aca.jpg