Supergirl (TV Series)

so when is this starting? summer? it does seem a bit like a 1 season show from the preview. didn't look on par with the other hero shows atm, guess time will tell, a preview is just a previewe....but it revealed a little too much.

so when is this starting? summer? it does seem a bit like a 1 season show from the preview. didn't look on par with the other hero shows atm, guess time will tell, a preview is just a previewe....but it revealed a little too much.

Never underestimate the staying power of these shows.  When Smallville came out it was panned heavily and yet it made it like 10 or so seasons.  Even if it is not great it will be given another chance with another season and the writers will adjust fire to kep people interested.

Just watched the pilot, not really feeling it. Casting is very meh. Acting is pretty awful. The worst is the script though. So many "oh you think she is weak because she is a girl"?!? My god just awful. But at least we know that due to her alien DNA Supergirl can't get pipples!

• Like 1

Just watched the pilot

And how did you go about doing that?

Just watched the pilot too, I liked it, felt very Flash. Good, cheesy, funny, and shes just cute as hell. It's available 'though the usual channels' as Neowin staff phrase it. *taps nose*

Probably the studio trying to build some hype.

This. The buzz around Supergirl isn't all that great and after watching the pilot I understand why. They were probably hoping people would love it and hype it up for November. Can't see that happening sorry. The woman, sorry girl, they picked for the role just isn't Supergirl material in both acting and looks. 

Also they stole the whole saving the plane thing from Superman Returns which was lame. 

On the plus side Calista Flockhart is quite a strong character although basically just a female JJ from Spiderman so nothing new which is a bit of a shame. Too early to tell on Jimmy although I quite like the guy. Not too sure about Rick. Was funny seeing Rigsby (The Mentalist) as a villain. 

Would have been a nice touch for them to get Henry Cavil to do a guest appearance as Superman (for those scenes that included him) for the start of the show. Would give it a bit more credibility so to speak and would have definitely given the fan base a boost!

• Like 2

This. The buzz around Supergirl isn't all that great and after watching the pilot I understand why. They were probably hoping people would love it and hype it up for November. Can't see that happening sorry. The woman, sorry girl, they picked for the role just isn't Supergirl material in both acting and looks. 

Yeah, it seems utterly disconnect from the source material. I haven't seen the pilot yet but watched the first-look and was unimpressed. I'd much rather have seen this on the CW and tied into the other shows. There is talk of crossovers at a later date but I would have liked to have seen more continuity from the start.

At the end of the day it all comes down to the audience. If it's successful and attracts a bigger audience than Arrow and The Flash then that can help lift them all up. Personally I'm much more interested in Legends Of Tomorrow and the second season of The Flash (Arrow has really lost its way).

It's bad.. I don't even know how to explain it.. It's like The Asylum movie bad... and they're actually fun to watch if you're into cringe popcorn flicks.. but this wasn't fun.. this was straight up rubbish used by a bird to build a nest but instead of living there the bird decided to take several thousand dumps all over it.

It isn't all that bad, it's not perfect, but it sure as hell is better than when CBS brought out Superboy (1988).  I do wonder how it [Supergirl] would've been had CW been given the rights to make it.

It isn't all that bad, it's not perfect, but it sure as hell is better than when CBS brought out Superboy (1988).  I do wonder how it [Supergirl] would've been had CW been given the rights to make it.

It would not have changed much at all probably since CBS owns the CW and the same creative team is apart of the show. 

It would not have changed much at all probably since CBS owns the CW and the same creative team is apart of the show. 

Actually, CBS only owns half of CW, Warner Bros. owns the other half...hence: CW.

And in between now and the premier it's VERY likely, actually guaranteed, that there will be edits, reshoots, effects and entire scenes that aren't in first cuts.

• Like 1

Actually, CBS only owns half of CW, Warner Bros. owns the other half...hence: CW.

This, though the reason Supergirl is on CBS and not on the CW is interesting, regardless, most of the same people who work on Arrow and Flash are working on this show as well, only time will tell what they can do with it.

I find it interesting how CBS decided to put it on it's own channel though, could be a request from WB and them not wanting it to be tied too close to Arrow and Flash.

yeah that was a verrrrry ealy leak and it didn't even have any warnings on it like logos or workprint text etc. guess they wanted it looking as good as possible for people to watch.

CBS probably leaked it themselves to see the reaction and then correct the bad bits

Agreed, considering the leak was in full 1080p, with no waterwarks on it at all, it had to be a controlled leak. The Flash was done though piracy but if you remember, that helped the show become one of the most popular tv shows on at the moment. If people talk about it, the word gets out 'oh I saw it, it was okay/good/great/cheesy/bad/funny whatever. Staff at the CBS would be reading the comments, seeing what worked, and what didnt, and fix em, specially considering its not due to air for another 6 months. I would however say that what you saw in the pilot, would be the same in the aired episode, only the "Kara" scenes might get re-filmed.