+Raphaël G.

some, like myself like the album covers. I'm not all worried about the wasted space so to speak. I'm sure Raphael, will as he has said before, will work on features later. He's just working on the functioning  of the program right now

Yep, absolutey right. I try to add the smaller features together with other improvements. Just trying to keep the updates interesting :) Bigger features will come later.

TDT

Just did a quick test to see if I can get the app to work on Linux via Wine (or Crossover) and let other know. It doesn't work, as far as I can tell. The net framework demands a higher version of Windows than XP, so that's the 1st problem. Then, there's the Visual C++ runtime, it won't install in a Win 7 bottle, but it does in XP. So it's either the framework or the runtime, can't have both installed in the same bottle and Dopamine won't run without them. :)

Off topic: that pop-up when downloading Dopamine always makes me smile (the one with "Apologies, there's no preview" and the Download button), it reminds me of Spartacus :laugh:

+Raphaël G.

Just did a quick test to see if I can get the app to work on Linux via Wine (or Crossover) and let other know. It doesn't work, as far as I can tell. The net framework demands a higher version of Windows than XP, so that's the 1st problem. Then, there's the Visual C++ runtime, it won't install in a Win 7 bottle, but it does in XP. So it's either the framework or the runtime, can't have both installed in the same bottle and Dopamine won't run without them. :)

Off topic: that pop-up when downloading Dopamine always makes me smile (the one with "Apologies, there's no preview" and the Download button), it reminds me of Spartacus :laugh:

Thanks for the info :) as a former Linux fanboy, I very much appreciate it :)

Extra bit of information: even if Dopamine would launch in Wine, it would probably not play music, as it relies on the MediaFoundation framework (part of windows since windows Vista).

+Raphaël G.

Hmm..isn't it the same case with Windows Media Player? And this works fine with Wine.

Really? Ok, I stand corrected.

+Raphaël G.

Hi all,

New build available:

17-02-2015: Dopamine 1.0.0.126 (Preview)
----------------------------------------

- Fixed some UI bugs
- Synapse doesn't stop searching for audio files when one directory has errors
- Added lazy-mode: it is possible to start playing from the current trackslist (full, or per artist, or per album)
  when pressing just play or mediakey play. No need to double click a file anymore.

Download here

• Like 3
Jackaluichi
chrisj1968

Raphael, what do you notice in this picture?

original_story.jpgf2r22e.png

seems like MSFT took your idea for a UI from Dopamine. Or is it a simple template that you use in your DEV environment? This caught my eye fast

Jackaluichi

seems like MSFT took your idea for a UI from Dopamine. Or is it a simple template that you use in your DEV environment? This caught my eye fast

That's not an official Windows screenshot. It's a concept someone did and some people are now asking Microsoft to come up with something like that.
  • Like 1
chrisj1968

That's not an official Windows screenshot. It's a concept someone did and some people are now asking Microsoft to come up with something like that.

I'm guessing here but, they probably used their DEV environment like Visual C to design the concept. ah what the heck do I know? 

Igiveupkitty.jpg

+Raphaël G.

When this mockup appeared on the homepage, I noticed the look of the player. Made me think of my mini-player :)

Excelsis

I figured this was a planned feature and expected it to be added fairly soon-ish but I guess I was wrong? I think it should be possible to start playing an Artist or Album by double clicking them.

original_story.jpg

I've seen similar skins for PotPlayer a few years ago. The design style Dopamine is very well known after all, so it's not surprising that people have come up with similar looking apps/skins.

+NJ Louch

With the mini player - would you ever envisage this to be resizable?

Also, how does this (if at all) hook into LastFM?  Is there any way to scrobble my plays from this?

+Raphaël G.

Before I download this, just to let you know my client does not seem to be prompting that a preview release is available (running build 107), is there anything you would like me to check? Updates is set for Yes to both Check for updates and check for pre-releases.

Not even after a restarting Dopamine?

Could you check in the logfile if there is something about not being able to check version information. Or just send me the logfile. Thanks.

Also, after removing the main window title, I had to find a new home for the status info. There is no text appearing at the top of the main window anymore, it's just the logo that changes:x9c0XGY.png

Hovering the logo shows why it changed to a "download" icon. Clicking the logo allows you to go to the download location.

+Raphaël G.

I figured this was a planned feature and expected it to be added fairly soon-ish but I guess I was wrong? I think it should be possible to start playing an Artist or Album by double clicking them.

I've seen similar skins for PotPlayer a few years ago. The design style Dopamine is very well known after all, so it's not surprising that people have come up with similar looking apps/skins.

It wasn't planned, but sound nice to have, so: task created. I'll try to add it ASAP, but a first look a the code shows that I'll have to shift things here and there (easy sounding feature is not always as easy to add). So it might take longer than it sounds.

+Raphaël G.

With the mini player - would you ever envisage this to be resizable?

Also, how does this (if at all) hook into LastFM?  Is there any way to scrobble my plays from this?

Resizable mini player, on short term: no. But I can't predict how I'll think about this in the future.

There is no connection with LastFM for now. But I have a task to look into that once the basics are working.

+NJ Louch

OK cool.  Don't take my queries as finding fault - I like the player, just curious how feature rich it may become :)

Aergan
chrisj1968

- Synapse doesn't stop searching for audio files when one directory has errors

This is what was causing me grief.

+Raphaël G.

This is what was causing me grief.

Partly. With this fix, part of your files would have been indexed, but you would still be missing the files of the "Broken" directory in your collection and been wondering why. Your issue was a pain in the *ss :), but it was extremely useful to improve Synapse a lot.

chrisj1968

Ok Raphael, I just ripped a regular CD and a 2 CD set and they ripped magnificently, album covers and all.