24 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

Beta 1.3

New update is out.

My favourite fix is now you can see what settlers are assigned too. \o/

Settler Preview

Well that's certainly better than what it was (which was pretty much nothing) but I'd like a bit more info than an icon that I may or may not recognize.

It would be really nice is you could bring up a list of all the settlers at the current settlement that shows what they were assigned to (task as well as bed since I believe you can assign them beds).  Heck giving them random names or Settler 1, Settler 2, etc. would be great... even better if they name them by role so you get Farmer 1, Farmer 2, Provisioner 1, Guard 1, etc. (maybe even let us name them so we can use whatever scheme we like)  Hopefully mods will cover that if Bethesda doesn't.

Personally I've finished the game and I don't want to burn myself out on it so I'm taking a break until the first expansion hits... (I have a HUGE backlog of games to work through) then I'll play around with the patch changes, mods (if available for PS4), etc. in addition to what the expansion itself brings.  I've made a point NOT to go collecting things just for the sake of collecting or designing/building settlements (just acquiring them) so I have more to do when the expansions land.  I suspect I'll be playing Fallout 4 on and off until Elder Scroll VI lands so I don't feel the need to do everything before I move on to other games. Bethesda games aren't games I finish and then put on a shelf, they're games I go back to time and again for years.

Does it fix the annoying bug where my Castle radio operator thinks the transmitter has no power, but it does?

I'm on Xbox, so a lot of the little console fixes that PC has, I can't do.

2 hours ago, Nashy said:

Does it fix the annoying bug where my Castle radio operator thinks the transmitter has no power, but it does?

I'm on Xbox, so a lot of the little console fixes that PC has, I can't do.

?  I dont have that problem myself.  Sure you have a big enough generator.

7 hours ago, techbeck said:

?  I dont have that problem myself.  Sure you have a big enough generator.

Yeah, I've looked around, it's quite a common bug.  Apparently is occurs when there is an attack on The Castle, and old mate on the transmitter gets involved, and bugs out.  It sucks, because you can't use artillery with the radio not working. 

So after 235 hours I decided to do all 4 endings and..

Spoiler

I'm disappointed :/ 3/4 share the exact same pre-rendered ending video and the other one is 99% the same. it even uses the default dark haired character and a version of sanctuary that's not even in the game. 

The total lack of the closure credits is what disappointed me the most, it was one of the highlights of a playthrough finding out if you helped or hindered the people you met on your journey, I really hope they add it by the final DLC.

Don't get me wrong I love the game, I just think the main quest is terrible, It's essentially.. war never changes and you are the instrument of war.. now go murder 2/3 factions.. you have no option of making peace... oh and we recycled the last mission for 3 of the factions and somehow everyone made the exact same thing and went to the same place. :/

On 1/17/2016 at 6:17 AM, Nashy said:

Yeah, I've looked around, it's quite a common bug.  Apparently is occurs when there is an attack on The Castle, and old mate on the transmitter gets involved, and bugs out.  It sucks, because you can't use artillery with the radio not working. 

That sucks.  Hope I dont have that issue.

Problem I am having is the damn Synths keep attacking my settlements even tho we are currently allies.

11 hours ago, techbeck said:

That sucks.  Hope I dont have that issue.

Problem I am having is the damn Synths keep attacking my settlements even tho we are currently allies.

I'll put the reply into spoilers for anyone who hasn't got as far.

Spoiler

I found that too.  It ###### me off, so I thought "###### son who'sold enough to be my dad, I'm blowing you lot up".  With the minutemen, we got it done.

What's really annoying, in a battle, if I accidentally shoot a settler, that's it, you're done, they will all hate you, even though you've just spent some really valuable junk to keep them safe.  Pisses me off.

The new 1.3 patch fixes MacCready's Killshot perk.

Prior to 1.3, if you reached max affinity with MacCready, you were supposed to get a 20% bonus to headshots (to hit, not damage). A bug made it 2,000%, not 20%, so unless something was in the way, you were guaranteed to hit.

Now with 1.3, you just get the 20%. He's still a cool follower and I think he's worth maxing out. If not for the perk, for the story. He was a little brat in Fallout 3, but he's grown a lot and turned his life around.

4 hours ago, Nashy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I found that too.  It ###### me off, so I thought "###### son who'sold enough to be my dad, I'm blowing you lot up".  With the minutemen, we got it done.

What's really annoying, in a battle, if I accidentally shoot a settler, that's it, you're done, they will all hate you, even though you've just spent some really valuable junk to keep them safe.  Pisses me off.

Yea, real annoying.  Have to rely on VATS in situations like this.

I'm not sure if it was in before the patch but you can hack robots from a distance if you scope them.

You can shot guys like Maxson in the face 5 times before they agro, shoot a settler and even your companion shoots you. >.<

I finally got Benevolent leader, all achievements got now. I might start fresh, ignore the story and just play the settler game.

1 hour ago, Louisifer said:

I'm not sure if it was in before the patch but you can hack robots from a distance if you scope them.

You can shot guys like Maxson in the face 5 times before they agro, shoot a settler and even your companion shoots you. >.<

I finally got Benevolent leader, all achievements got now. I might start fresh, ignore the story and just play the settler game.

Sorry, what do you mean here?

9 hours ago, Nashy said:

Sorry, what do you mean here?

Any gun with a scope can hack robots as long as you have line of sight and they aren't locked in their charge pad, just zoom in and you have the option to Talk/Hack. I'm pretty sure you had to be in close range to initiate a hack before the patch. :o

6 hours ago, Louisifer said:

Any gun with a scope can hack robots as long as you have line of sight and they aren't locked in their charge pad, just zoom in and you have the option to Talk/Hack. I'm pretty sure you had to be in close range to initiate a hack before the patch. :o

I've played over 200 hours, and I didn't know this! :laugh:

Fallout 4 1.3 patch giving you long load times? There's a new micro patch (about 49MB in size) that will fix that. (It should automatically install, on Steam. Did for me. I clicked downloads and there it was.)

Castle wall rebuilding giving you grief? New mod fixes it real quick. It adds two new items to the Special crafting category. Straight wall and corner wall. They snap in at specific points. For the straight one, go outside, and point your cursor to the right. For the corner, be inside the castle and look to the left. They're a little tricky to get in, but once they're in, you're done. The straight wall has an entryway in it, but it's a little raised up. He says the top part isn't navmeshed, but you can fix that by laying floor across it. And if you're having problems snapping the walls in, there's a video on the Nexus page about it. (Not the top one. That's just music.)

Started a new game in Survival today and remembered to turn on HBAO+ Ultra and Weapons Debris Ultra, turns out Weapon Debris is awesome. :laugh:

I made a quick video of it:

22 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

Started a new game in Survival today and remembered to turn on HBAO+ Ultra and Weapons Debris Ultra, turns out Weapon Debris is awesome. :laugh:

I made a quick video of it:

I'm brand new to PC gaming.  Hoooow?

Also, does anyone have a copy of the mod that allows me to increase the size of a settlement.  It seems to have been taken down.  Or at least the commands.  setav didn't change anything for me last night.  I want to build a mammoth settlement.

2 minutes ago, Nashy said:

I'm brand new to PC gaming.  Hoooow?

From the Launcher > options > advanced - you can mix and match all the settings from there to get best performance. :)

I haven't used any mods yet, I'm sure it will be back or someone else will upload a version soon.

Ahhh.  I knew about that screen, everything is maxed out for mine.

I've been playing Fallout on Xbox, but installed on my new rig last night.  It's so much better on PC, it's not even comparable!  Add to the fact that my Xbox elite controller plugs in and just works, it makes for a fantastic experience.

Finally installed the fallout companion app on my phone.  Pretty sweet you can access all the pipboy screens, used meds/aid, and fast travel without loading the pipboy on the game.  Going to load it on my tablet next time I play.  Will come in handy and wish I had installed it sooner.

Best shotgun I have found in the game so far.  Can take down the toughest enemies in 3 shots, most in 1.  Fully upgraded for max damage.  Wish I remembered where I found it but I had it since pretty much the beginning.  Got to be careful tho.  Explosive rounds can hurt you and companions if to close.

Screenshot_20160121-224103.png

Nice, I haven't been lucky enough to get explosive yet, I did get lucky with extra projectile rifles though so I made one for each ammo type. :laugh:

I'm hoping to get some nice ones from my survival playthrough as legendary mobs are a lot more frequent. :D 

7 hours ago, Louisifer said:

Nice, I haven't been lucky enough to get explosive yet, I did get lucky with extra projectile rifles though so I made one for each ammo type. :laugh:

I'm hoping to get some nice ones from my survival playthrough as legendary mobs are a lot more frequent. :D 

Just wish I remembered where I got the shotgun from.  Have not found one like it since and have not seen anyone post it online yet.  I found a rifle exactly like Tinker Tom's and found a legendary Fatman that launches an extra projectile.  I dont use heavy weapons much (heavy) and tend to stick to rifles for range and my shotgun for close up.

I have 2 trunks loaded with legendary weapons and armor.  And a cabinet loaded with extra mines, grenades, and all sorts of aid.  Starting the game, all these were hard to find.  Now I have to much I never have to buy any of this.