Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)

6 minutes ago, LaP said:

For sure but him appearing older would just make sense (contrary to data). The Q Continuum always wanted to make human comfortable while interacting with them (outside of Q craziness). They always appear in a form understandable by humans. So him appearing to people he already know as 30 years older because 30 years has passed (from a human perspective) just make sense from a lore perspective.

Reasoning accepted! :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

I actually expect the conspiracy around the events on Mars to be more.   Sure having the synths go crazy helps squash them and AI which the Romulans hate BUT at the same time that event hurt the relocation of their own people before the planet went poof from the supernova.     So I doubt the Romulans are behind the Mars attack, even though they hate synths so much the timing only hurts them more.  

I have a question I've not seen anyone ask.... After Data's death, what happened to Lore?  Data was storing him under lock and key and had, apparently, permanently deactivated him, but if Maddox got hold of the body........

DeLancie is and will definately make an apprearance. Q is an integral part of this story. Remember the final episode of TNG. If you guys havent watched it, watch it. Q is going to return and that's when things are going to get interesting. We all know Guinan is returning in Season 2. Picard is sick with a deadly disease and he will most likely die by the end of the series, unless some miracle happens. Unless Q saves him or something else saves his life. We shall see.

Spiner has said many times that Data will not come back, but he has never said B-4 isn't, so there is a chance B-4 will return, maybe in Season 3? 4? Who knows, but I got a feeling he will return with Data's memories and in a sense, become Data.

We shall see.

Just saw episode 3, it's moving at a steady pace, plot thickens.  Also, action, they've been sprinkling it in here and there for the newer generation that has ADD.

How many seasons will Picard do, any ideas? With just the first 3 episodes the writers have done excellent work in showing the brief history of what had happened prior to the present, and it is getting really interesting!

34 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

How many seasons will Picard do, any ideas? With just the first 3 episodes the writers have done excellent work in showing the brief history of what had happened prior to the present, and it is getting really interesting!

It's been renewed for a season 2. I don't feel like we'll see more than 4 seasons. I'd be surprised if we get past season 3. I honestly feel we'll wrap up Discovery during the 3rd season too, viewership is going to flatline on that one now that they've got a taste of "real" trek with Picard. 

I have a feeling though we'll get a real Star Trek show continuing after Picard, in the 25th century, with a starfleet ship and crew. CBS is seeing how many more subs they are pulling with Picard than they ever did with Discovery, they'll want to keep this timeline/universe going.

I doubt this series will be long to, it's so tied to this specific plot right now and it's not episodic like the original shows were which helped drag them out to so many episodes.   Besides, CBS has a good chunk of Trek planned out as far as TV goes.  After Picard s1, we get Discovery s3 and then the S31 season 1 should be next and then Picard s2.   So one trek show ends and another starts shortly after, keeping trek on for pretty much all year round.

The interesting thing comes when they start to move everything, even the movies, back together to one timeline and how they pull it off.

Guys Patrick Stewart is 79 years old. This series is definitely not gonna last too long as he is aging faster than I can count. I don’t think the studios wants him to suddenly pass away with a TV series on the run. They will end this series after a couple of seasons and that, as they say, is that, and I am quite sure we will also see the death of the Picard character. 

8 hours ago, spacelordmaster said:

Guys Patrick Stewart is 79 years old. This series is definitely not gonna last too long as he is aging faster than I can count. I don’t think the studios wants him to suddenly pass away with a TV series on the run. They will end this series after a couple of seasons and that, as they say, is that, and I am quite sure we will also see the death of the Picard character. 

He’ll end up in the Q continuum my bet. 

• Like 3

Solid episode.

Spoiler

The ship battle was pretty good, introducing 7of9 this way was a surprise to me actually even though I knew she was in the show.

They're not shying away from the action either, next ep preview looks like we're in for a old style shootout. 

Agree, another great episode.

Spoiler

I'm starting to enjoy the multiple Cristobal Rios holograms on the ship with different personalities.

I hope next week's episode they do a back story on how Picard and Seven met.  Also wondering how Seven happened to be in the same area of Picard; did someone call her or did she hear in the "chatter" that Picard was on Vashti.

I see there are still carrying the Three Musketeers into Picard.

Lastly, I'm a little concerned with Dr. Agnes Jurati after her "conversation" with Commodore Oh.

It’d be great if we can axe the recycled TOS/DSC shuttles. And see a real starship. The runabout like vessel they’re on is cool, but lets see some fresh large scale designs, especially when they continue to discuss new class of ships and vessels with no imagery. 

7 hours ago, shockz said:

It’d be great if we can axe the recycled TOS/DSC shuttles. And see a real starship. The runabout like vessel they’re on is cool, but lets see some fresh large scale designs, especially when they continue to discuss new class of ships and vessels with no imagery. 

It would be cool to see but the way the story is going I don't expect to see much, at least for now.

All good things guys, it's better this way because when one show ends they can start right into the next one so we're not left with months of waiting for something new.   

On 2/15/2020 at 12:36 AM, shockz said:

I think something I've taken from the show so far is that there really aren't as many starships just waiting to be used as other series have suggested.  Maybe thanks to the Utopia Planetia incident?

Picard seems to be on a freighter of sorts (La Sirena).  7/9 seems to be on some upgraded Delta Flyer looking ship.  The Romulan ship attacking was Kirk-era.  There's a lot of newer Romulan ships around the artefact though...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Human.Online said:

I think something I've taken from the show so far is that there really aren't as many starships just waiting to be used as other series have suggested.  Maybe thanks to the Utopia Planetia incident?

Picard seems to be on a freighter of sorts (La Sirena).  7/9 seems to be on some upgraded Delta Flyer looking ship.  The Romulan ship attacking was Kirk-era.  There's a lot of newer Romulan ships around the artefact though...

I can definitely see that, after the dominion war, mars incident, etc... and that they took Picards mothball concept and went with it. I still have a feeling we'll see a starship or two by seasons end.